Think about it this way...

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
If you had to pick one player, and they had to win the US open at least once in the next five years... Who would you Pick???? given that the US open continues for another five years.

Jaden

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The odds of SVB winning again in the next 5 years is much higher than the players getting paid in full, on time, once in the next five years. That's a rather sad statement but true.

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
If I had to bet my life on the proposition its pretty easy to figure out who my horse would be.

But one guy who I think is due in a big way is Dechaine. He's getting to the point in his career where he has the seasoning. If he can keep building on the momentum and get mentally tough enough to finish in the big events I see him getting an Open.

If I could wish one person to win a US Open it would be Donnie Mills. Because that would be awesome.

De420MadHatter

SicBiNature
Silver Member
I'll take Shane for 2 wins in the next five yrs :). Hell he might just win em all. I can't imagine the pressure you would have to fade knowing you drew Shane.

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
Taking SVB out I would bet that at least 2 of these 3 get one. Maybe even all 3. In no particular order: Dechaine, Shaw, Morra and I'm real close to putting Justin Hall on the list.

Nick

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
If I had to bet my life on the proposition its pretty easy to figure out who my horse would be.

But one guy who I think is due in a big way is Dechaine. He's getting to the point in his career where he has the seasoning. If he can keep building on the momentum and get mentally tough enough to finish in the big events I see him getting an Open.

If I could wish one person to win a US Open it would be Donnie Mills. Because that would be awesome.

Very "Nice" Post!

I agree and would add a couple names!

Robb Saez, Max Eberle, Mike Davis, Brandon Shuff, Skylar Woodward, Justin Bergman

The young guns "will" get their day in the sun. IMO

KD

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
If you had to pick one player, and they had to win the US open at least once in the next five years... Who would you Pick???? given that the US open continues for another five years.

Jaden

I keep reading the responses and then your question. Did I misread?

Freddie <~~~ how is Orcullo not the first name mentioned aside from Shane?

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very "Nice" Post!

I agree and would add a couple names!

Robb Saez, Max Eberle, Mike Davis, Brandon Shuff, Skylar Woodward, Justin Bergman

The young guns "will" get their day in the sun. IMO

KD

Sorry, even though they're great players, all of the above with maybe the exception of Woodward and Bergman are NEVER going to win the US Open.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I would bet on Shane because his confidence level and comfort level are higher at an event he has won four times.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Sorry, even though they're great players, all of the above with maybe the exception of Woodward and Bergman are NEVER going to win the US Open.

I disagree. The US Open has a tradition of dark horses having a great week and coming through for the win. I think any second tier player can have that week and win a major.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I disagree. The US Open has a tradition of dark horses having a great week and coming through for the win. I think any second tier player can have that week and win a major.

Sorry, but you're wrong.

While it may be possible an unknown can come out of nowhere and win, guys like Saez and Mike Davis will never win. Their speeds have been clocked, and they simply don't run fast enough to win this event.

Not with the level of play being what is today.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Sorry, but you're wrong.

While it may be possible an unknown can come out of nowhere and win, guys like Saez and Mike Davis will never win. Their speeds have been clocked, and they simply don't run fast enough to win this event.

Not with the level of play being what is today.
Keith Thompson. Tommy Kennedy. Reed Pierce. All good second tier pros who were known but who had a good week and won the US Open.

And lots of great players have never won it.

Ann before you say never....54 year old Mike Lebron won the US Open. You're very mistaken if you think Robb or Mike don't have the skills to win it.

7forlife

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I was thinking the same thing. How Orcullo, Darren and Mika not make the first list is beyond me.

It feels like the question is "who would "You" like to win" and not who do you "think" is going to win.

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
I agree Justin...

With one caveat. Even in this open I was noticing that when he gets pressure put on him, he pulls up and tightens up on shots still and when he does, he misses.

It's not all that often, but as we saw with the Shane-Orcullo match, it doesn't take very many mistakes to lose the match...

Jaden

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
you're right there...

Yeah, you would have to think Orcullo would be right at the top of the list aside from Shane.

Jaden