This guy impresses the hell outta me: Toru Kuribayashi

Impact Blue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I dunno if any of you do the YouTube thing, but sometimes you stumble across enthusiasts and pros alike from other countries posting videos.

This guy, never heard of him, has a nice four-pack online:
栗林達プロ(JPBA) ナインボール マスワリ3連-01-o

Shoots em fast and hard, heart of the pocket. Following the related videos, he seems well at ease at the table.
JPBA 福本宇太郎プロ VS TAD Mania(タッドマニア) <--- some YouTube guy by the name of "tadcuemania" gets handed.

Watch this dude's mechanics. They seem weird to me, but effective.

Anyone heard of him??
 
He has one helluva break

*edit* I watched the second video and had to laugh. It's funny how when you don't know the language and they are having fun and joking around it always seems like you're listening to children to me......especially with the Japanese for some reason. No disrespect of course....I am an ignorant not so well traveled American.
 
Last edited:
Something weird in that second video, the old guy would dump the balls into the triangle but then take them out of the triangle and rack them free-hand. What's that all about?
 
DogsPlayingPool said:
Something weird in that second video, the old guy would dump the balls into the triangle but then take them out of the triangle and rack them free-hand. What's that all about?

Not sure, but I have seen it in a video of a tournament Jasmin Ouschan was playing in. I suppose it depends where ya play.
 
DogsPlayingPool said:
Something weird in that second video, the old guy would dump the balls into the triangle but then take them out of the triangle and rack them free-hand. What's that all about?

I would say that the table has been tapped. We have been doing this for some years now in Europe and in some parts of Asia. There are a lot of arguments in America about doing this but it works great and doesn't effect play. It makes for a perfect rack, The problem is, it makes a 9 ball rack too perfect.With very little practice you can make the wing ball everytime and play position for the one. That is the reason for all the varitions on Breaking! No soft breaks,3 BALLS past the side pocket, breaking from the box, alternating breaks

IMHO they should make the transition to 10 ball but what do I know!!!!
http://www.dynamic-billard.com/shop...&ausgabeart=artikeldetails&artid=1629&lang=en
 
this guy reminds me of a local I play...... good when hes playing without pressure.... i have 80 of his $ in my pocket right now....
 
The guy can play but the 5" pockets help. His first three breaks set up three easy run outs. On his last break he made two balls again and had to make a couple of good shots into very wide jaws. Put him on a tight Metro or Diamond and he may not do quite so well. Put a top player on that table and they may never miss a ball. A second tier filipino would think that table was a joke.
 
Impact Blue said:
I dunno if any of you do the YouTube thing, but sometimes you stumble across enthusiasts and pros alike from other countries posting videos.

This guy, never heard of him, has a nice four-pack online:
栗林達プロ(JPBA) ナインボール マスワリ3連-01-o

Shoots em fast and hard, heart of the pocket. Following the related videos, he seems well at ease at the table.
JPBA 福本宇太郎プロ VS TAD Mania(タッドマニア) <--- some YouTube guy by the name of "tadcuemania" gets handed.

Watch this dude's mechanics. They seem weird to me, but effective.

Anyone heard of him??

That guy plays real good!! He got 2nd in either the 2007 or 2008 all japan open. I played him in the us open, I had a super strong start and had him 7-0 because he didnt get any chances. Then he didnt miss anything and I beat him 11-8
 
donny mills said:
That guy plays real good!! He got 2nd in either the 2007 or 2008 all japan open. I played him in the us open, I had a super strong start and had him 7-0 because he didnt get any chances. Then he didnt miss anything and I beat him 11-8

Man you must play strong too! any videos of you on the web?
 
DogsPlayingPool said:
Something weird in that second video, the old guy would dump the balls into the triangle but then take them out of the triangle and rack them free-hand. What's that all about?

They are using "rack spots". Common in Japan, not common outside of it. One of our local pool halls has them, imported from Japan.

They are invisible/clear stickers put onto the table that hold the rack in place. You don't even need to use the triangle. You can roll the balls into place. There is no tapping effect and it's very rare for the spots to effect the roll of the balls.
 
Yes, the table is most likely tapped, or as Shinobi pointed out, the rack spots are marked with either punch outs, or the opposite. By opposite I mean little plastic stick on circles WITHOUT holes punched out. They're placed precisely where each ball lays so that when the you rack, the balls actually lay on top of these little plastic spots instead of being on the cloth. Pretty common in Japan. The equipment is always in great shape, and you get a near perfect rack all the time. One of the things I miss most about Japan was having 3-4 pool halls with 12 Brunswicks or more in pristine condition, and all within 30 minutes drive. However, having learned with those conditions, I'm now having a really hard time playing on less than perfect cloth, older dirty and sticky balls, and tables that won't rack tight.
dave
 
I have a rack sheet, that I got while in Japan...thanks to mullyman and his friend.
It is a clear plastic triangle,and it forces the balls inward toward each other, freezing all the balls together....giving you a perfect rack, every time.
 
He impresses the hell out of me too. As for his mechanics, on a hard shot his wrist is so fluid it's beautiful to watch.
 
12345

this japanese player has been top5 of japan past few years?

just tat naoyuki oi, hijikata n kawabata travel alot more than he does:)
 
Back
Top