Tiger Pro-X shaft

Melissa Herndon

Pro Player
Silver Member
Stopped by Tiger yesterday and tested this shaft. I wanted to walk out with it...but Tony wouldn't let me. He is building 2 for me next week...and I can't wait to get them.

I'm not very good at explaining the technical aspects of why I fell in love with this shaft...but I will say that I didn't miss a ball for the half hour I was practicing with it. Seriously...did...not...miss...a...ball.

I read that Tate has had to discontinue his demo-program due to time-constraints...so I can only recommend that you stop by Tiger Products (if you live in So Cal) and test it....or stop by a Tiger booth at the next show you are at (Valley Forge, BCAPL event at the Riv, APA Nationals...etc).

Melissa

bustinbob_99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I purchased Tigers about six months ago and have loved them ever since. A very solid shaft that minimizes the guess work on the long shots with english. Got to love those shafts.

CrownCityCorey

Sock it to 'em!
Silver Member
Let's not forget that I can always get them for anyone that needs/wants one. Custom matched to your cue if need be :)

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Stopped by Tiger yesterday and tested this shaft. I wanted to walk out with it...but Tony wouldn't let me. He is building 2 for me next week...and I can't wait to get them.

I'm not very good at explaining the technical aspects of why I fell in love with this shaft...but I will say that I didn't miss a ball for the half hour I was practicing with it. Seriously...did...not...miss...a...ball.

I read that Tate has had to discontinue his demo-program due to time-constraints...so I can only recommend that you stop by Tiger Products (if you live in So Cal) and test it....or stop by a Tiger booth at the next show you are at (Valley Forge, BCAPL event at the Riv, APA Nationals...etc).

Melissa

Melissa,

I got them out to about 50 people and can't seem to locate the remaining couple that are out there, but I haven't tried too hard. I still need to e-mail a few to let them know it's over.

I've switched over to the Pro X shaft also. They grow on you, but I had to give it time. Tall Steve and I helped Tony with some feedback during development, so I wanted to get him started with the marketing.

I really think they have a great shaft there too.

Chris

Last edited:

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
Hussa,

nice that it worked that good for you Melissa- that s the way it should work-take something, test it and feel good with it. Good luck with your new *toy* :p

A bit ago someone started to make a test here on AZ with the New Tiger X-Pro Shaft. I was really interested in testing it, too. Unfortunatley imo the problem was, that i live overseas (germany) I deleted my mailbox, so i also deleted the mail from the guy who contacted me for the test-he said something like "trying to work something out, to send me perhaps a test-shaft...but it s now long ago, and i don t think that there will come one to me, too ^^

-so i wasn t able to get one to test. Atm they re not that popular here in germany- but from what i ve read it sounds interesting to me.
Hope i ll meet someone who has one to test it someday.

Have fun with your toy,

lg from overseas,
Ingo

Jcat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
test

I was one of the lucky ones to get into TATE's test program and i now own 2 of the Tiger XPRO's. Enuff said.
PS: there are many reasone I like this shaft, and I explained some of them in another thread, but let me relate this: I was always below average on shots that were long and I had to use top-side english to get shape. Missed the ball about 85% of the time so I avoided that shot if at all possible. I now make the ball about 85% of the time - thats a huge shift.

PaulieB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I always get confused with the names for the new Tiger shafts...

The X-Pro is the gradual taper shaft right? I get confused because the X-Ultras have the Pro taper ... you would think the Pro would have the pro taper, heh.

So you guys like the gradual taper over the pro taper on the Ultras? I'll have to give them a try, I've never found a shaft with that style of taper that I've liked.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Hussa,

nice that it worked that good for you Melissa- that s the way it should work-take something, test it and feel good with it. Good luck with your new *toy* :p

A bit ago someone started to make a test here on AZ with the New Tiger X-Pro Shaft. I was really interested in testing it, too. Unfortunatley imo the problem was, that i live overseas (germany) I deleted my mailbox, so i also deleted the mail from the guy who contacted me for the test-he said something like "trying to work something out, to send me perhaps a test-shaft...but it s now long ago, and i don t think that there will come one to me, too ^^

-so i wasn t able to get one to test. Atm they re not that popular here in germany- but from what i ve read it sounds interesting to me.
Hope i ll meet someone who has one to test it someday.

Have fun with your toy,

lg from overseas,
Ingo

Ingo,

Thanks for the reminder.

I finally got one for you - 3/8 X 10 - I intended on sending you one when the text was over with, which it now is - but I was short of the 3/8 X 10 shafts.

PM me your mailing address and I'll mail it top you next week. I'll have to do a customs slip. You can keep the shaft over there.

Hope all is well and you're back to walking around the tables now with a big bounce in your step.

Chris

Last edited:

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
@Tate,

hello my friend- wasn t really meant as a reminder :) but sure happy --
shall i send you per PM or via Email?

Edited: sent data per Pm :)

lg from overseas,

Ingo

Last edited:

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Any chance of it coming to the UK after you?

I'm giving this as a gift to Ratta. He was not able to play pool for quite some time, so it's a 'welcome back' gift.

If you know "The Diamond" - Si, I would like to see him make some arrangements to get test shafts in the UK.

Chris

TheThaiger

Banned
I'm giving this as a gift to Ratta. He was not able to play pool for quite some time, so it's a 'welcome back' gift.

If you know "The Diamond" - Si, I would like to see him make some arrangements to get test shafts in the UK.

Chris

Very generous.

I don't know him personally but am aware who he is.

Big-Tattoo

I'm back
Silver Member
If Ingo get the Shaft, so I can test it too:grin:, I had the Chance as Chris want sent it to me, but I said the shipping and Customs are to much and I backed out:mad:
Ralf

Melissa Herndon

Pro Player
Silver Member
Sent the butt down to Tiger today...and should be able to pick up everything tomorrow!!! Just enough time to practice for 2 weeks before Swanee :)

Melissa