dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Then why post in a thread on tips for cte. I know, you want to post links to your website but its getting a little boring don't you think?
I think a useful tip for kicking and banking, even with CTE, is:
Make sure you understand all bank and kick effects, so you know when and how to make adjustments.
People who want to learn more can click on the links, and people who don't can ignore this message and the links.

Regards,
Dave

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Dave:
Also, if you are not familiar with and know how to adjust for all of the important bank effects, your success with bank shot "aiming systems" (even CTE) will be limited.
Dave quotes cookie man:
This opinion is posted with how much experience with banking using CTE?
This question shows very little understanding of what's involved in banking.

Dave:
... very little, but that doesn't change the fact that bank and kick effects and conditions are important regardless of what bank or kick aiming system you use.
Dave quotes cookie man:
Then why post in a thread on tips for cte.
Because it's useful advice that clearly won't come from CTE users with chips on their shoulders.

pj
chgo

Roger Long

Sonoran Cue Creations
Silver Member
Your summary is neither concise nor complete!! In fact you have so much misleading information
that it would be hard for someone to even fathom of learning CTE/Pro-One from this website!!

Pablo:

For the benefit of those who are sincerely trying to learn CTE, would you please be kind enough to give them your own concise and complete summary. Also, please be sure to point out all the parts in Dr. Dave's summary that are misleading. Thank you.

Roger

Roger Long

Sonoran Cue Creations
Silver Member
Great! Like we need advice in maturity or morals from a guy that steals other peoples material and posts it on his website and claims to be helping.

I think we're alright here Dr. Dave. :thumbup:

I get a charge out of people who claim their Internet material has been "stolen" and re-posted, when all they did was take it from someone else who took it from someone else, and on, and on, and on. Let's face it, no one on these forums has ever had an original idea. No one. EVER.

Roger

Roger Long

Sonoran Cue Creations
Silver Member
Then why post in a thread on tips for cte. I know, you want to post links to your website but its getting a little boring don't you think?

When guys like Dr. Dave and Patrick stop posting in the CTE threads, that's when things get truly boring and the threads start dropping down the list. You might disagree with me, but it's a fact that can be proven. If all the so-called "naysayers" should leave this thread alone, just watch what would happen to it. There would be only three or four people left contributing anything, and maybe even less left reading it. Very few actual pool players want to spend their entire day analyzing angles and pivots.

Oh, and if you want to know why I'm now defending Patrick's right to be in this thread when I earlier asked him to stay out of it, just look at JoeyA's post #155 and that should explain it.

Roger

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
You should contribute something instead of playing forum cop.

You're wrong ... there HAVE been original thoughts and concepts on this forum. One of which was Dr. Dave's "V" technique for figuring 30deg angles. Nobody ever thought of that before b/c it's ridiculous.

Secondly, Dr. Dave posted info from Stan's DvD - not from another site with copied info. That info was STAN'S - not Dr. Dave's.

If some else is thinking about putting out an instructional DVD.....DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!! Dr. Dave will post your info on his site, without permission, and make it harder to sell DVDs.

Sent from my SPH-M910 using Tapatalk

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
When guys like Dr. Dave and Patrick stop posting in the CTE threads, that's when things get truly boring and the threads start dropping down the list. You might disagree with me, but it's a fact that can be proven. If all the so-called "naysayers" should leave this thread alone, just watch what would happen to it. There would be only three or four people left contributing anything, and maybe even less left reading it. Very few actual pool players want to spend their entire day analyzing angles and pivots.

Oh, and if you want to know why I'm now defending Patrick's right to be in this thread when I earlier asked him to stay out of it, just look at JoeyA's post #155 and that should explain it.

Roger

Roger,
Please refrain from pointing out JoeyA's secrets of rejuvenating a thread.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This question shows very little understanding of what's involved in banking.

Because it's useful advice that clearly won't come from CTE users with chips on their shoulders.

pj
chgo

Really Patrick, Please start a thread on banking and explain it all to me.
Thanks in advance.
P.S. the more chips I have the more free beer I get.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Roger
The problem is they say the same things over and over for 10 plus years, and they are wrong about most of it. They post in CTE threads because threads they start last 2 maybe 3 days tops, and they just can't handle that.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pablo:

For the benefit of those who are sincerely trying to learn CTE, would you please be kind enough to give them your own concise and complete summary. Also, please be sure to point out all the parts in Dr. Dave's summary that are misleading. Thank you.

Roger

Get the video.

Slide Rule

ConservativeHardLiner
Silver Member
Pablo:

Roger

It seems as if there is a second Professor on the CTE thread. Professor PJ and now Professor Long.
Making homework assignments, indicates a lack of interest and of sending someone productive on a useless errand.
One Professor on the CTE threads is sufficient. Otherwise contribute.

brad21156

Registered
Secondly, Dr. Dave posted info from Stan's DvD - not from another site with copied info. That info was STAN'S - not Dr. Dave's.

If some else is thinking about putting out an instructional DVD.....DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!! Dr. Dave will post your info on his site, without permission, and make it harder to sell DVDs.

Sent from my SPH-M910 using Tapatalk

This is probably the best tip in this thread. Dr. Dave is a thief. There is no way to justify posting a how to description of Stans original information not even a month after the video came out. Does this man have a total lack of professional etiquette?

After seeing this I don't know why anyone with an original idea would ever put it on DVD. I'm disgusted by Dr. Daves actions.

Rep to you spiderweb. This has needed to be said for a few months. Finally someone stood up and said it.

Murdoch7627

Frank Reid aka "Fly Man"
Silver Member
This is probably the best tip in this thread. Dr. Dave is a thief. There is no way to justify posting a how to description of Stans original information not even a month after the video came out. Does this man have a total lack of professional etiquette?

After seeing this I don't know why anyone with an original idea would ever put it on DVD. I'm disgusted by Dr. Daves actions.

Rep to you spiderweb. This has needed to be said for a few months. Finally someone stood up and said it.

Tap, Tap, Tap.

He is indeed a thief. I hope anyone considering buying any of his DVDs will consider his "total lack of professional etiquette" and decide not to purchase anything from such a low life person. He knew damn well that he was hurting Stan's sales. If not, then he must be the biggest moron on the planet.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Tap, Tap, Tap.

He is indeed a thief. I hope anyone considering buying any of his DVDs will consider his "total lack of professional etiquette" and decide not to purchase anything from such a low life person. He knew damn well that he was hurting Stan's sales. If not, then he must be the biggest moron on the planet.
Complete bullshit. You're just piling on because Dr. Dave speaks reason to your CTE cult and you're all allergic to that. What you're trying to do is more shameful than what you accuse him of.

You show typical CTE wonk intelligence by following Dave Segal's low-class lead. He's always had a hardon where he needed brains, and it didn't get any better since he bragged himself into a corner with promises of a mathematical "proof" (LOL) when all he's really capable of producing is vanity videos.

If Stan's system doesn't do well it won't be because of anything Dr. Dave or anybody else with an actual head on his shoulders said or did - it'll be because CTE is associated with losers like you guys.

Or is it loosers?

pj
chgo

eezbank

Silver Surfer
Silver Member
Dr. Dave was criticized, unjustly to my mind, more than two months ago for posting his brief summary of Stan's CTE method.

I would ask anyone who wasn't following the CTE threads at that time, and anyone who may have forgotten that discussion, to read the following two posts:

What did you expect dr_dave would say? Yes I'm a thief...sorry about that. Anyone with a modicum of intelligence would see through the bullshit here. Why don't you ask Stan what he thinks? It's his material after all.

I think you're way off on this one Atlarge. dr_dave should've at least asked before posting even what you would call a partial description in my opinion.

The guy is a theif plain and simple.