Tips pros use... Surprise !

EddieBme

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Purchasing my first Meucci with the Pro shaft was my first experience and introduction to Ultraskin tips (wait, actually I take that back...my Bob Danielson SS360/P might have been the first), as that is what comes on all of them.

I now have 3 Pro & 1 Ultimate Weapon from him, all with Ultraskins...all awesome.

What hardness did you have put on your shafts, and which one do you like best? I like more of a medium, to medium soft feel.
Eddie

AkGuy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Me too!

I use the Milk Duds "Pooldog8" offers and I think they are pressed Elk Masters. I have given a couplet a couple of my areas best plyers and they like and are saying with them.

I watched a short interview a couple of years ago and Shane said he switched to Milk Duds and Efren said always Elk Masters.

How come my Mild Duds don't work like the Pro's do?

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
I use the Milk Duds "Pooldog8" offers and I think they are pressed Elk Masters. I have given a couplet a couple of my areas best plyers and they like and are saying with them.

I watched a short interview a couple of years ago and Shane said he switched to Milk Duds and Efren said always Elk Masters.

How come my Mild Duds don't work like the Pro's do?

Obv you and I got a bad batch...:mad:

All kidding aside, the pooldawg8 milkduds (yes, pressed/soaked elkmasters) seem to be a great tip both performance wise and value.

Always a subjective matter tips, but I do love these milkduds.

erhino41

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

All kidding aside, the pooldawg8 milkduds (yes, pressed/soaked elkmasters) seem to be a great tip both performance wise and value.

They're the best. Only tips I'll use as long as I can get them.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
scotch

A few drops of a good scotch in milk makes it much better. Only the pro's get the special juiced milk duds.

Hu

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The Ultraskins have a black series and an Ivory series. The Ivory is just a little softer than the black. I bought 5 medium blacks and 5 medium Ivories from Tom and started with the black medium. This tip is playing better and holding up better than all the Kamui's I have used in the past. I haven't even tried the Ivory medium yet...may not need to.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Ultraskins have a black series and an Ivory series. The Ivory is just a little softer than the black. I bought 5 medium blacks and 5 medium Ivories from Tom and started with the black medium. This tip is playing better and holding up better than all the Kamui's I have used in the past. I haven't even tried the Ivory medium yet...may not need to.

I use the black soft ones on all my shafts.

They beat the hell out of the Kamui tips.

I have an ivory one (I think it is soft, maybe a medium) on my Meucci carbon fiber shaft and it plays good, too.

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I use the black soft ones on all my shafts.

They beat the hell out of the Kamui tips.

I have an ivory one (I think it is soft, maybe a medium) on my Meucci carbon fiber shaft and it plays good, too.

I shoot the Meucci Carbon Pro. If you don't order a specific tip, they come with the Ultrskin Ivory soft.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I shoot the Meucci Carbon Pro. If you don't order a specific tip, they come with the Ultrskin Ivory soft.

Thanks.

The guy I bought it from wasn't sure.

It plays similar to the blacks I have on my other shafts, but it seems to "roughen" up differently when I scuff it a bit. The black ones seem to be more "dense". When you roughen them up, you don't get the same little "straggles" of leather protruding around the tip edges that I get with the white one.

Cadillac J

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All my recently installed tips...the 2 on the right are medium Ultraskins--one black and one ivory...both play great and should hold their shapes nicely (first time w/ an ivory)

b9ti6QMh.jpg

KehlE9bh.jpg

lakeman77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree, I am finding the Ultraskin Ivory mediums pretty good. Play sort of soft to medium, keep shape well, last a good while. I use mine for both breaking and playing. No glazing problems.

Cadillac J

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
CJ, those ferrules are way too clean!

Well that's because when I installed all these tips, part of my process is to use high-grit abrasive paper to make sure the transition from tip to ferrule is smooth and flush...this also takes out tiny dents/dings and removes all the chalk from the ferrule (and I wanted them all to look good for the picture, so wet and burnished w/ leather beforehand) :wink:

I'm just happy that I can replace my own tips by hand now, such a huge convenience.