Tony Chohan - "Takes in 10k, gives SVB 0"

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
https://youtu.be/E8Yz3j4Qxo4

Some revealing information as it pertains to wagering on pool matches. I had no clue. 10 Thousand in and not even a single dollar out! That's nuts! I also noticed the FAT pockets full of cash that Chohan had in his shorts.

Tony doesn't favor giving money to his opponents.
He encourages betting to play under pressure but doesn't encourage giving away his or your money.

Tony shot them really straight against SVB in this matchup. It's well worth the watch.

Tony plays Dennis for 100k in 1 pocket starting July 11th, 2017. It will be streamed by POV pool.

:thumbup:

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I clicked the link but didn't notice what you're talking about. Can you explain what happened?

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Giving back a % of someone's $ that gambled everything he had is not doing that person any good. It use to be called giving the loser a walking stick for cab fare home. I didn't agree with it 60 years ago and still don't. Johnnyt

jojopiff

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

You have to slow-walk some of us to the epiphany. I didn't get what you meant at first.

Well done sir. It sure is easy to give away other peoples money and claim they make too much money. But when you're the one lining your pocket it's perfectly acceptable.

Now, before some clown tells me gambling is different than running a business I already know that.

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is it 100k in the middle or 100k per stick?
They're playing for 50k. If you're in a bar playing a friend for a beer, do you tell a guy wanting to put up quarters that y'all are playing for a beer or 2 beers? If you're playing partners for a beer a head, are you playing for a beer or 4 beers?

SJpilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is it their own cash? If I was backing Shane and saw Tony giving him money in the parking lot after I wouldn't be pleased.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm guessing it is Shane's own money and Tony is backed. Kinda crazy to be walking around with 10K. It was the weekend and max ATM is only 500-1000/day.

rossaroni

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm guessing it is Shane's own money and Tony is backed. Kinda crazy to be walking around with 10K. It was the weekend and max ATM is only 500-1000/day.

I would guess that they both were staked, but cannot say for certain.

I am a little confused on the atm thing. Are you saying Tony was probably backed, because he was unable to withdraw 5k from the atm? Btw, my limit is over 1k. Just have to ask your bank to increase it.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Giving back a % of someone's $ that gambled everything he had is not doing that person any good. It use to be called giving the loser a walking stick for cab fare home. I didn't agree with it 60 years ago and still don't. Johnnyt

A guy who would gamble to the point he went broke would not use the walking stick for cab fare home. He would put it in action and if he lost he would beg for another walking stick.

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
I'm quite sure that many of the pros walk around with thousands of dollars in their pockets at most of the events so that they can get into action sometime during or after the event.

Heck, Shane talked about when he was in the Philippines where a dollar can go a long way, that he had $3000 stolen from him by the gangs of roving youth. They surrounded him while he was walking to the pool room and one of them cut the money right out of his pocket.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Serves him right to get robbed- no person in their right mind should walk around with thousands in cash in a third world area --including those right here in the U.S. without a bodyguard!

grindz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks pov.pool......

Outstanding stream! Incredible day 1 match!!

Tap tap tap....

Td

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Old days, if you bust someone it was customary to give them a "walking stick" (a little jelly so they would not be broke). But if your opponent is not busted, no walking stick is required.

If both were staked, it's a friendly thing to do to throw a little their way.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
If you match up with someone, whom treats your fairly and vise versa and that person is part of your life/action and you know it will happen again and especially if that shooter plays all the time in your home town, jelly is and will always be good for business. You want this guy to get pumped up again sooner than later.... and come back for more Sooner than Later. Goodwill goes a Lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng way in the right spots. Give and you will receive works in all facets of life.

phil dade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just because you beat someone, you are not required to give a % back. Certain circumstances make it good business and or the right thing to do. Giving back some cash is a custom when a guy is playing on his own money and you break him. It is a walking stick so he is not on rock bottom and can move on; eventually topump up again as Island Drive said.

However, you do not hand out walking sticks to guys that are backed. The player is not loosing the money, the backer is. That is what it is for a backer. Secondly, giving money to a backed played raises doubts if there was any collusion.

I think it is safe to say neither Shane nor Tony would be flat broke over $10K and if they were backed there is no walking stick needed for reasons stated.