Tony Vs Dennis Chit Chat Thread

Agent 99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First up table game of the match that I can remember ... Tony's experience is showing, he is playing a very disciplined game, as is Dennis .. This is one hole at it's finest !!

We now have a race to 9 for one hundred dimes.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lou,

I usually agree with your posts but think you are a bit off base here.
Do you feel the commentators should play/think the game better than the best pool players on the planet?
If so, they would be playing, not commenting....
Commentators are simply there to give a little insight, not know everything.
JMHO....

No, I don't think commentators should necessarily play better. But Jay is a mediocre 1pocket player trying to tell the audience what champions are thinking and trying to do.

I think commentators should be knowledgable enough to speak with some amount of insight -- based upon experience and knowledge about the game -- and accurately address what's going on on the table if they're going to step up and attempt commentary at this level. This is not mid-level hackers going at it in the early rounds of the DCC.

Jay's is always calling:

The wrong shot

The wrong strategy.

The wrong thinking.

That's why guys who know 1pocket are railing against his clueless commentary on the chat.

Now OK -- if you're new at 1pocket and totally clueless, maybe Jay's "insights" are of some value. But if you know jack about 1pocket you are rolling your eyes and muting him (I am)... probably right after you throw something at your screen :)

Lou Figueroa

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
No, I don't think commentators should necessarily play better. But Jay is a mediocre 1pocket player trying to tell the audience what champions are thinking and trying to do.

I think commentators should be knowledgable enough to speak with some amount of insight -- based upon experience and knowledge about the game -- and accurately address what's going on on the table if they're going to step up and attempt commentary at this level. This is not mid-level hackers going at it in the early rounds of the DCC.

Jay's is always calling:

The wrong shot

The wrong strategy.

The wrong thinking.

That's why guys who know 1pocket are railing against his clueless commentary on the chat.

Now OK -- if you're new at 1pocket and totally clueless, maybe Jay's "insights" are of some value. But if you know jack about 1pocket you are rolling your eyes and muting him (I am)... probably right after you throw something at your screen :)

Lou Figueroa

I sense a match for cash between Jay and Lou. No other way to settle who knows more about one-pocket.

Agent 99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks like a trend has been established .. Second up table game in a row and I think we will be seeing a lot more.

Tony might be figuring that since Dennis hardly ever misses a shot he is not going to give him an opportunity to make more than one at a time.

So far Tony is out moving and out thinking Dennis.

Tony 32 Dennis 31

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Tony reminds me of Billy Johnson playing one pocket....
....banks 'me good when he drills them...and doesn't move his head.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member

Jay's is always calling:

The wrong shot

The wrong strategy.

The wrong thinking.

Lou Figueroa

Sounds to me like you didn't even have to watch the match to come up with these comments, because I called the correct shot and strategy the.majority of the time. By now everyone knows you are.my personal stalker\knocker. Good luck with your crusade against me. You are truly a pitiful person.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sounds to me like you didn't even have to watch the match to come up with these comments, because I called the correct shot and strategy the.majority of the time. By now everyone knows you are.my personal stalker\knocker. Good luck with your crusade against me. You are truly a pitiful person.

I see why that little pussy cat Barton got all riled up.

I didn't see it back then.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And they just showed the room. Surprisingly sparse attendance.

What is it? 6pm? Everybody is prob at home doing bong hits. Things are different out in cali.

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And they just showed the room. Surprisingly sparse attendance.

What is it? 6pm? Everybody is prob at home doing bong hits. Things are different out in cali.

traffic on the 880 is brutal. Tough to get anywhere at 6. It will be pretty full in about an hour.