Top 10 things that annoy me the most

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Another Pet Peeve, People who want to GAMBLE, and can not understand the meaning of the words, NO, Not Thanks, or I DO NOT PLAY POOL FOR MONEY.

Tom In Cincy

AKA SactownTom
Silver Member
CooCoo,

Everywhere I have played, placing your cue on the table is the indication to the majority of average players that the shooter is taking a break.

Disrespect? Not in my opinion. Rude? not even close.

And, why didn't you just communicate to him that you felt you were disrespected when you were playing?

I played One Pocket with a Guy for the first time several week ago. All of a sudden he sets his Cue on the Table, and heads to the BATHROOM saying ZERO to me. A few minutes later, he returns, again say nothing. This happen like five times in two Games, and the guy like I said, never say one word to me.

A few days ago he ask if I want to Play One Pocket until my regular guy shows up to play. I say No Not Now, Not Ever Again WITH YOU. Explaining IMHO he was RUDE & DISRESPECTFUL to me.

He is all POed, and don't see my point at all, and I say that is OK, as I will NEVER PLAY with him again as he Disrespected Me.

I think after the first BATHROOM RUN, he should have communicated with me, not treated me like a Jug of Milk of the Refrigerator Shelf.

Last edited:

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
Top 3 things that really annoy me are.
1.the guy breaks good.
2.the guy runs out all the time.
3 .the guy takes my cash.
I just cant stand guys like this.Any of you guys met a guy like this.:grin:

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
Let me add this one: When you coming and going to the bar or bathroom please have at least some awareness about walking in someone's line while their down on a shot.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Played in APA league last night. And I have 1 ball on the rail, and need two rails to get on the eight....pretty good angle, so just the right speed gets me right there, not complicated or anything.

So, Mr. APA 4 (about mid 50's) decides to walk over and grab his role of quarters ( i saw him walk over, I heard him open the container) like he is all ready to put the quarters in the table....

Then, he starts to clank the 4 quarters together, right behind my back. And normally I'm not bothered by sharking, a waitress walking in front of me, but this just annoyed my on general principle. I slowly turned around and asked in a nice manner if it was it really necessary to get the quarters out right when I'm shooting.

Well, he get huffy, and said "oh, how could you even hear that".... I replied, well, why would I turn around if I could not hear it. He then got huffy and sat down complaining to his teammate. I ran the last two balls, and then announced very loudly, "OK, you may rack them now"....

He was pissed, he walked by and said " I can't believe you think I was trying to shark you". I advised I never said such a thing....but just wanted you to stop clanking the quarters....

Ah, APA 4's, god love them :)

Klink

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What gets me the most is the player who constantly runs into every ball in the table but still somehow manages to get shape.
Also someone who wins one set and then says I got to go home.

Now that I think about it there is a bunch of things that bug me.

The guy who plays you that has 5 friends with him who all stand around and clap for him.

The guy who fires at every 9 ball he gets a chance to combo even though its an easy run out.

The guy who starts whining and biatching every time he misses.

The guy who makes a comment about how lucky you are and that you always get the rolls when you play him.

The guy who keeps playing to the audience looking fir aplause every time he makes a shot.

The guy with the hot girlfriend. Especialy if he plays better than me!

Any girl who can beat me.

The guy who says I will call my friend he can beat you.

The guy who can't play and wins the first game and go and tells the whole bar but won't play another game.

The guy who talks crap but won't play.

The guy who says well lets play 8 ball.

The guy who says I played my way through college.

The guy who says he will play for 20.00 a game but don't have any money.

The guy who tries to borrow money but hasn't paid you from the last time he borrowed money.

The guy who is playing you ask you to loan him money to pay you.

The girl in the short skirt plays on the table next to you. Just kidding!

You are playing and the guys girlfriend starts hitting on you.

The guy you are playing kerps buying you shots. Just kidding.

The guy you are playing has two hot girlfriends.

I also hate people who keep talking to other people instead of shooting.

Or the guy who wins 400.00 and doesn't offer to pay table time or tip the bar tender.

Or the guy who won last time you played but wants wait to play again.

I could keep going but i think just about everything bugs me.

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
1. People who get up, grab the rack, hang out by the hole you're shooting into, grab their cue as if to unscrew, etc. When I miss, I dunno if it's because I mentally considered the game over, or I'm pissed at them for their obvious sharking, or I'm mad at myself for letting it distract me. I've just trained myself to stand up and say something.

2. People commenting on my misses, especially when they second-guess the shot selection and they play about thirty speeds below me.

3. Shit equipment and staff that doesn't know, understand, or care about pool.

4. People who won't learn, and are too proud to admit their mistake. Ever meet that guy who never just missed or aimed wrong? It's always "I hit it too hard". Hint: if a ball hits the rail 5 inches to the right of the pocket, speed wasn't the problem. Try hitting it too hard into the heart of the pocket next time.

5. Guys who have no idea of their own skill level or anyone else's...
"what? You think that guy's better than me?"
Well yeah, he's undefeated in league. He's rated higher. He runs out more. He beats me more than you do.
"pfft whatever, I'll crush that guy gambling."
Ok, good luck with that.

6. Speaking of gambling, guys who justify every miss or loss with "I wouldn't have missed/lost if we were playing for money" or "yeah I might lose in league but I never lose for the cash" or "you might beat me for fun but I'd own you for money".

OK, what do you want to play for?

"I dunno what will you spot me?"

7. Guys who just don't get the percentages are are generally too dumb for pool.
You know this guy. You try to tell him that full table bank was a dumb shot. "What do you mean? That shot's not that hard. I make it probably... 75%"

OK, I'll set up a variety of full table banks. For every one you make, I'll pay you $5. For every one you miss, you pay me.

"naww"

These are the APA 5's who play 9b race to 5 with each other and don't realize they'd have the same results just flipping coins.

8. People who treat the equipment like garbage, sit on the rails, slam balls, smoke over the cloth, eat and spill beer on the table, etc.

9. The guy who won't stop hounding you to gamble even when you're just out with friends.

10. Guys who honestly think they can improve without practice or knowledge, and are always looking for shortcuts... whether it's letting stronger players rob them, buying an expensive cue, sharking the other guy, or trying to nit you to death with a rulebook instead of just outshooting you.

mullyman

Hung Like a Gnat!
Silver Member
I always love the ones that tell me how I should have played it after I beat them!

I can see where that would be irritating, but, do you listen to the advice or just shrug it off? He may actually be giving you good advice. Just because you, or I for that matter, won the game doesn't mean it was done the best way possible. I've always been open to advice from anyone of any level, even if they are way below me.

I actually enjoy watching people that don't know how to play pool. You will see a lot of things that you thought were impossible. Never hurts to take those strange things you see onto another table and giving them a try from time to time. May come in handy some day.
MULLY

sawtex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My #1.... Loud mouth rail birds who think they are sooooo clever and or funny while watching then demand total silence and absence of motion from everyone in the room while they play.

OneIron

On the snap, Vinny!
Silver Member
whats funny is that most of your top 10 list happen when your at apa. Pool etiquette seems to be most present among the people the outsiders to pool view as "two bit hustlers" but the amateur bangers who thumb their nose at these seasoned pool gamblers actually are bigger asses at the table than the hustlers and dont even realize it.

I remember the second week I played apa. My opponent is moving in my line of vision on nearly every shot. Ok, im dealing with that and honestly it didnt seem intentional as much as just ignorant. In the middle of my match this guy who was friends with some of the players on my team walks over to the table and stands right next to me when im down on a shot, talking to three guys. The four of em are yukking it up loudly and practically bumping into me as im shooting. So I get out of line on the runout and have to shoot a tough 8. Literally this guys butt is like 2 ft from my face when im down on the shot and the four guys are telling jokes to each other. I get up off the shot and say hey wtf...can you guys move? The guy looks back at me, wrinkles his nose and then literally moves like 6 inches and goes back to telling his joke. I get up off the shot and walk over to the capt of my team and im like look its hard enough to play this game with the other team sharking me but this is triple tough when three of our own teammates are totally ignorants of the basics of trying to not distract their own teammate. He walked over and shuffled all four away from the table and after it was over...i was the bad guy for being so difficult. apa pffttt

This used to happen to me a lot when I played APA. I would simply go back to my chair and sit down until they moved. They eventually figured out that I wasn't going to put up with that nonsense. :cool:

OneIron

On the snap, Vinny!
Silver Member
I played One Pocket with a Guy for the first time several week ago. All of a sudden he sets his Cue on the Table, and heads to the BATHROOM saying ZERO to me. A few minutes later, he returns, again say nothing. This happen like five times in two Games, and the guy like I said, never say one word to me.

A few days ago he ask if I want to Play One Pocket until my regular guy shows up to play. I say No Not Now, Not Ever Again WITH YOU. Explaining IMHO he was RUDE & DISRESPECTFUL to me.

He is all POed, and don't see my point at all, and I say that is OK, as I will NEVER PLAY with him again as he Disrespected Me.

I think after the first BATHROOM RUN, he should have communicated with me, not treated me like a Jug of Milk of the Refrigerator Shelf.

Probably getting a little chemical assistance. :frown:

OneIron

On the snap, Vinny!
Silver Member
I cant stand people or stand up or approach the table as you're shooting the game ball like they're going to concede but then stop and wait for you to shoot it.

When that happens, back off your shot and ask if they're conceding. :cool:

OneIron

On the snap, Vinny!
Silver Member
Crappy equipment is at the top of my list. And many of our opponents in league play will pick the worst table in the building, thinking it gives them an advantage.

We played a team a couple of weeks ago on a Diamond 7' table. They found the oldest beat up set of balls in the building and used an old Dynamo magnetic cue ball which hung up in the return. The table next to us had a fairly new set of Aramith balls and a red circle cue ball. And no one was using it the entire evening.

We still beat 'em 11-4. It just took a little longer. :cool:

Captain K.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I guy hounds you to gamble, you set a race and posts the amount , flip the coin, then he says "so what are you spottin me?"
so give him a spot, then he sharks the whole match, doing 1-10 and then, after he losses says "you hustled me!"

whitewolf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
whats funny is that most of your top 10 list happen when your at apa. Pool etiquette seems to be most present among the people the outsiders to pool view as "two bit hustlers" but the amateur bangers who thumb their nose at these seasoned pool gamblers actually are bigger asses at the table than the hustlers and dont even realize it.

I remember the second week I played apa. My opponent is moving in my line of vision on nearly every shot. Ok, im dealing with that and honestly it didnt seem intentional as much as just ignorant. In the middle of my match this guy who was friends with some of the players on my team walks over to the table and stands right next to me when im down on a shot, talking to three guys. The four of em are yukking it up loudly and practically bumping into me as im shooting. So I get out of line on the runout and have to shoot a tough 8. Literally this guys butt is like 2 ft from my face when im down on the shot and the four guys are telling jokes to each other. I get up off the shot and say hey wtf...can you guys move? The guy looks back at me, wrinkles his nose and then literally moves like 6 inches and goes back to telling his joke. I get up off the shot and walk over to the capt of my team and im like look its hard enough to play this game with the other team sharking me but this is triple tough when three of our own teammates are totally ignorants of the basics of trying to not distract their own teammate. He walked over and shuffled all four away from the table and after it was over...i was the bad guy for being so difficult. apa pffttt

Were they Spanish? A Spanish friend of mine went to New York and said that all the Spanish players stand around the pool table while you are shooting. To them this is normal. I guess they couldn't wait to shoot :D.

naji

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Top 10 things that annoy me the most

1. Doesnt push the remaining balls down table after he wins.
2. Stands in front of your shot
3. Has to shoot every other remaining ball in after he wins.
4. Says he was "just trying something" after every miss.
5. Gets lucky and swears he played it.
6. Wont shut up.
7. His phone rings constantly.
8. Speaks to friends in a foreign language at the table.
9. Takes forever to shoot every shot.
10. Wears pants low enough to expose his entire ass.

I add, hate players drying there hands using table cloth or rubber band cloth, i hate it.

Throwing balls high on table
Throwing stick hard on table
loud music
chalking cue four times before the shot

rayjay

some of the kids
Silver Member
Negativity. Playing someone that is constantly grumbling, complaining, moaning, groaning, making excuses, blaming others about his poor play, *****ing and whining about anything and everything. STFU and get a real life or go downstairs to the whine cellar. Otherwise, I agree with the op's top ten.

SKUNKBOY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Let me add this one: When you coming and going to the bar or bathroom please have at least some awareness about walking in someone's line while their down on a shot.

I find it more annoying when someone does stop...in my line of sight. I'm sure they think it won't disturb my concentration but in reality, there is so much movement in most bars, someone stopping, waiting for me to shoot is far more distracting. I'll usually pull up, let them pass, then take my shot. I guess I usually concentrate better with normal movement around me.

I hate it when you walk into a new room, get a set of balls and before you even get you stick put together, some small time hustler comes up and asks if you want to play some. I might later, but I want to get to know the table/ballsroom ombiance first, so leave me alone for an hour.

L8R...Ken

ironman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My #1.... Loud mouth rail birds who think they are sooooo clever and or funny while watching then demand total silence and absence of motion from everyone in the room while they play.

You would love San Antonio. Here, loud and stupid gets you the idiot of the month award. About 25 are standing in line to earn it.