Torqiet New Player - Ebony and Chilean Burl

Guerra Cues

I build one cue at a time
Silver Member
Hey Folks,

Just finished another cue, this time this player is going to HQ "AZB Torqiet".

The cue has an ebony nose and segmented Chilean burl handle.

Shafts are Canadian maple bowling alley shafts.

Enjoy the pictures:

IMG_3374.jpg


IMG_3370.jpg


IMG_3373.jpg


IMG_3372.jpg


IMG_3368.jpg
 
Tg

Very nice Tony, awesome choice of wood as usual. You know I love the ring work too! That handle is real pretty. Happy buyer for sure.
Thank you for showing your work.
Greg
 
i like the segmented handle better than the one i ordered
but i like it too
its funny that these cues are not really fancy,but they are beautiful

the simplicity of design,richness of choice woods,and tasteful decorative rings has an understated elegance

i honesly think it will not be long till we find tony with a 6 or 10 year list of people wanting these cues

i know he wants to do points,and he cerainly should be able to,but i'm not sure why

i believe that tony has hit upon a winner that will endure

some might call these plain jane,but as for me,the wors class and classic come to mind

congratulation

this is a pool cue
 
Very nice cue Tony. The burl looks very interesting. Most people would use black phenolic but I really dig the natural.


Congrats to the new owner...
 
thanks Tony for the pics! cant wait to get it! :D

it is definitely a great looker, and im really digging the Chilean burl. You deserve all the plaudits coming your way :) thanks to all for the nice comments too!~
 
Thanks for all the feedback guys. This is a great cue for sure. Probably one of my favorites.

Also, not pictured but this cue is bumperless. Has a 3/4" bolt on the bottom of the butt cap.
 
Last edited:
Very nice cue Tony. The burl looks very interesting. Most people would use black phenolic but I really dig the natural.


Congrats to the new owner...

Interesting thought Chris. I just thought that the natural phenolic would go better with the color of the chillean burl.
 
Last edited:
Very nice cue Tony!! Can't wait for mine!! Haha.. Congrats HQ.. I believe you are friends with Benny, Joel and Chester?? Looks like this bad boy will be going to the SCE this year? Lol
 
thanks Tony for the pics! cant wait to get it! :D

it is definitely a great looker, and im really digging the Chilean burl. You deserve all the plaudits coming your way :) thanks to all for the nice comments too!~

HQ....i hate you....i'm still waiting for mine and i'm salivating at yours...see you in SG soon! We'll have the Battle of the Guerras.. :rolleyes:
 
As for you Tony....you're a sadist....you like to see people in misery thinking about your cues...
 
Very nice looking wood.

Since I'm not a cuemaker, I have a couple of questions:

  1. Those tips look pretty hard. Are they some kind of new leather-less tenon-tip combination?
  2. Did you segment the handle in sections?
  3. Is Chilean Burl from Chile?
Thanks, and nice work

Ted
 
Impressed how your work continues to get better. Keep at it. You and me are gonna have to do a little project together in the near future. I'll make you push the envelope. :smile:

JimmyK
 
Hello Ted,

Let me answer your questions...:rolleyes:

Very nice looking wood.

Since I'm not a cuemaker, I have a couple of questions:

  1. Those tips look pretty hard. Are they some kind of new leather-less tenon-tip combination?
    Those are the new Moori tips
  2. Did you segment the handle in sections?
    Nope... I used segments...
  3. Is Chilean Burl from Chile?
    Nope it is from my spicy chile plantation that I have on my backyard.
Thanks, and nice work

Ted

I hope I answered your questions correctly Ted ;)



Impressed how your work continues to get better. Keep at it. You and me are gonna have to do a little project together in the near future. I'll make you push the envelope. :smile:

JimmyK

Thanks Jimmy. Your comments mean a lot to me and I feel humbled by them.
It will be with great pleasure that I would work on a project with you as you well know. Yep, pushing the envelope... That's the only way to go my friend... :thumbup:

 
Back
Top