U.S. Open 9-Ball Poll

Should the Open this year end on Fri. Oct. 30th or Sat. Oct. 31st?

• Friday October 30, 2015

Votes: 26 48.1%
  • Saturday October 31, 2015

Votes: 28 51.9%

• Total voters

RobertaAgnor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Barry asked me to post this:

First off, I would like to apologize once again about the delay in payments which will be taken care of by this coming Monday afternoon as it's set up to be wired.

Now, I need some input from people. This year's Open is currently scheduled to end on Saturday October 31st which is Halloween. I'm asking for everyone to let me know if it should end on the 31st or if I should shift everything a day earlier so that the finals for this year only would end on the 30th.

So the dates will either be Monday Oct. 26 - Saturday Oct. 31 or Sunday October 25 - Friday Oct. 30. Need your feedback please.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
They're both pretty bad. People will have to RUSH home to be back for Halloween if they have kids.

Starting on Sunday is the better option, they can arrive Saturday comfortably and be ready for Sunday.

jojopiff

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My vote is to pay people on time....

oh wait, that wasn't an option.

^^^^THIS^^^^

Takes some kind of cajones for Barry to have her post this as people still aren't paid. Why not wait until after Monday when they get paid? (assuming that actually happens)

sonny_burnett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How about Air Barrel Barry gives up the rights to the tournament for the good of the game.

Sorry ma'am. This is just another weak attempt by your boss to deflect his non payment history.

Now to the real answer. Hold it whenever. I'll never go to anything he sponsors. I don't want non existent VIP package nor have a stumble drunk upstage the play.

nineballsafety8

6ft 5" 285, hits 'em hard
Silver Member
How about having Barry contact the guys at CSI and negotiate selling the US Open to an organization that cares about the players... just a thought

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
What is beautiful here is that the US Open has a built in excuse for 2015 --- "attendance was low cause of Halloween but we had no choice to schedule at this time due to the 14.1 tournament prior. We made the best of it and are working hard to get all the players paid."

.....feel free to use 10 months from now

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
What does "scheduled" for payment mean exactly? If the money is there why isn't it already on the wires today? If the money isn't there, what difference does some "schedule" make? After all, before it was scheduled for Monday, February 2nd it was scheduled to be paid immediately upon the conclusion of the event.

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
What does "scheduled" for payment mean exactly? If the money is there why isn't it already on the wires today? If the money isn't there, what difference does some "schedule" make? After all, before it was scheduled for Monday, February 2nd it was scheduled to be paid immediately upon the conclusion of the event.

Good post.

There are several things that can be done once you realize that you are not able to pay all the contestants, not that this is ever an acceptable position to be in..The sensible thing to do would be to pay all contestants something and then work out payment plan for the rest of the amount. The con-man thing to do is to target contestants from remote regions and not to pay them anything, then make yourself conspicuosly unavailable on email/phones etc. util they give up.

Hungarian

Looks Indian to me..
Silver Member
I don't know you but what is it with you and Barry? Why would you want to associate yourself with such a person? What dog do you have in this hunt? What about your own credibility? And why would you take the responsibility to apologize for his unethical actions? It's like you are his little US Open martyr.

All you have to do is walk away and your name is clear. But yet you hang in there and by doing so you become guilty by association.

I don't understand...

Barry asked me to post this:

First off, I would like to apologize once again about the delay in payments which will be taken care of by this coming Monday afternoon as it's set up to be wired.

Now, I need some input from people. This year's Open is currently scheduled to end on Saturday October 31st which is Halloween. I'm asking for everyone to let me know if it should end on the 31st or if I should shift everything a day earlier so that the finals for this year only would end on the 30th.

So the dates will either be Monday Oct. 26 - Saturday Oct. 31 or Sunday October 25 - Friday Oct. 30. Need your feedback please.