Ultra Skin tips under the Microscope comparison.

TomHay

Best Tips For Less
Gold Member
Silver Member
I can't speak for all the Cue repair people but can state for fact Dick Neighbors has posted on very many occasions the $10.00 a tip charge and his preferance to it. Mans a real, real deal and helps everyone he can on AZB.

To doubt him hearing it is absurd, I as many have heard it on numerous occasions.

I can however factualy squash the rumors. I held a full box of Morris in my hand that were sent via a courier from Morris in Japan. 100% sure as if my life depended on it. No, I did not play with any as on visual examination they were not the Morris I remember from the Mid 1990's.

I guess my question to Joe would be, do you feel the Morri of today is the same quality as those I remember when I bought my first tin of 50 or the Tins I bought for many years after. They are going under a microscope and yes, I have a Morri from the 1990's to compare it to.

Whats your true opinion Joe? You know the tips I speak of in the wayback machine and the ones of today. How would you compare Morri past to Morri present?

Joe Barringer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can't speak for all the Cue repair people but can state for fact Dick Neighbors has posted on very many occasions the $10.00 a tip charge and his preferance to it. Mans a real, real deal and helps everyone he can on AZB.

To doubt him hearing it is absurd, I as many have heard it on numerous occasions.

I can however factualy squash the rumors. I held a full box of Morris in my hand that were sent via a courier from Morris in Japan. 100% sure as if my life depended on it. No, I did not play with any as on visual examination they were not the Morris I remember from the Mid 1990's.

I guess my question to Joe would be, do you feel the Morri of today is the same quality as those I remember when I bought my first tin of 50 or the Tins I bought for many years after. They are going under a microscope and yes, I have a Morri from the 1990's to compare it to.

Whats your true opinion Joe? You know the tips I speak of in the wayback machine and the ones of today. How would you compare Morri past to Morri present?

Tom,

In case you haven't noticed, I don't hang out on AZ everyday. I occasionally chime in when something piques my interest or when I am notified to take a look at something so I don't know who says what and when they say it in the case of Dick. I'm happy for him and his policy.

Your statement that you can "factually squash the rumors" is skewed and not objective as proven by your statements, "My prediction is ---------------one of the two will do just great, the other I don't think will cut the grade and may shock a few. I have looked at them both 3X mag".

And this statement, "No, I did not play with any as on visual examination they were not the Morris I remember from the Mid 1990's".

So, it plainly shows your bias against Moori and you already know the outcome that you want so this is anything but a fair assessment.

Furthermore and to answer your question let me say that nothing is the same as years ago. Just look at parental rights which are not the same as 1960 which were not the same as 1990 and which are certainly not the same as 2012. Let's look at the cultural change through the decades, the moral decay that litters our streets. So, no Tom nothing is the same as things and time change and that includes Moori tips. Personally I think the Moori tips of the early 2000's were the best but that's my opinion. As far as the Moori of today, they still outsell any tip out there by a huge margin so the quality is still acceptable and above that of many other brown tips. Moori has a following that you nor anyone will overcome anytime soon.

As far as your "wayback machine", I think you've been using it too much. You need to lighten up on its use. :yikes:

Now down to seriousness. Your test is anything but fair. First of all you need to compare your tips to a Kamui, an Onyx and any other Black tips out there, like a Karomi Black and/or some of my Black tips. You cannot compare a black tip to a Moori or any brown tip because Black tips undergo chemical change and alteration of the fibers whereas the brown tips are not treated the same way. The tanning process of all Black tips prevents decomposition as well as helping to soften and color the hides or skins. This is why the black tips look so clean and neat whereas the Karomi (which appear to be a brown tip) looks more like raw leather; because they are!

You need to test apples to apples and not apples to oranges. Go and produce a brown tip and then use a Moori for comparison. That would be much more fair.

If you want to do a fair test, I'll send one of your tips and several other black tips (all of the same hardness for a controlled experiment). I will sand off the names and markings on each tip and send them to the 'magnifying man' to do his thing. I will only identify the tips as Tip #1, Tips #2 and so on. Then we can all gaze upon their beauty and flaws and comment on each item number without knowing what tip is which number. After all the gazing and commenting are over, I will release the legend as to which tips each are. That would be a fair test.

I don't know what all this will prove but I'll play along.

TomHay

Best Tips For Less
Gold Member
Silver Member
Joe " cultural change through the decades"??????

That has nothing to do at all with a material cue tip.

My sole goal when I started was to give the cue repair guy a quality tip he/she could put on with pride at a price they could make money at.

To date, this has become a reality so I am happy.

Joe Barringer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Joe " cultural change through the decades"??????

That has nothing to do at all with a material cue tip.

My sole goal when I started was to give the cue repair guy a quality tip he/she could put on with pride at a price they could make money at.

To date, this has become a reality so I am happy.

Tom,

Don't give me a snow-job. Your rhetoric is side stepping the issue. You asked me to answer a question and I did. You know as well as I do the point I was making when I stated the cultural issue.

Your "sole goal" was not to just "give the cue repair guy a quality tip he/she could put on with pride at a price they could make money at" but your "sole goal" is also to paint this test in a light that was not fair to the other tips that were chosen and compared against your tips. You cannot and should not compare a untreated brown tip against a chemically treated black tip.

You failed to answer my request at offering out a fair, reasonable and honest test comparing apples to apples as I posted above in post #42. And not your one sided yellow journalistic attempts to color and slant this issue in your favor. You clearly don't want to test your tips up against its equal counterparts such as Kamui black, Karomi black, and other black tips and that's fine.

Instead you offer a lame reply and continue to support the test of comparing your treated black tips to non-treated brown tips. You don't need to put one tip down in an unfair comparison to elevate your tips.

Be fair and compare apples to apples otherwise drop this insanity because you're insulting the intelligence of anyone reading this skewed "test".

Let's call it a day.

TomHay

Best Tips For Less
Gold Member
Silver Member
Joe,

You come on to this thread like a cowboy shooting his guns in the air.

You try to pick a fight with Dick Neighbors calling him like "Dickey" and his confedential source on Morri and than bring up a link from your own Web Site that confirms there is such a rumor going around.

The next tips being magnified are a black Kamui (if you read as fast as you type maybe you would understand that) and a Morri which I am sorry, they are brown or tan or natural but they are what they are, can't be helped.

The Kamui for testing was no problem, there was question on Morri being legit period so I suggested ebay and Ozone Billiards unless you are here to tell us Ozone does not have true Morri's?

Thw WHOLE truth of the matter is------------------the guys were nice enough to put this togeather and did it with my Tips and you want in.

I don't own them and don't own a microscope Joe. If you want yours done so bad, ask them, I have no say in what people do.

I gave an opinion on I thought one would do fine but one would not. You quoted me on it so you knew a Black Kamui was going to be done and that leaves "Joe wants in".

Not my call Joe, plain and simple.

Joe Barringer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tom,

Sorry, I'm not a cowboy as I am from New York and there aren't any cowboys in the part of New York where I resided; none that I am aware of where I lived. I currently reside in Florida and have for over 30 years but still I have not ridden a horse. Contrary to your beliefs, I just can't qualify as a cowboy. I merely asked for confirmation of a dubious source. True to form, the source could not be supplied under the guise of confidentiality.

There is no rumor, which you fail to comprehend as the article is obviously above your pay grade. Neighbors made a mistatement and I corrected it just as I corrected Pechauer for his mistatement (on our web site) and I set the record straight; plain and simple. Nothing more and nothing less.

Unlike you, who posts on any thread to tout his tips, contrary to your beliefs, I don't "want in". I merely want an honest and fair test which you are incapable of doing nor supporting as you're driving this thread. I do not want my products tested in this ridiculous manner but merely was trying to help out in providing a fair and more accurate test which obviously you don't want any part of.

Why wouldn't you want to do a blind sampling of black tips? That would be the fairest method. And it could also be the most detrimental too. Of course you wouldn't want any part of that.

If you want to compare a Moori, go get some brown tips, put your name on it and then do a comparison. When you do a comparison, you compare like items. Brown compared to brown and black compared to black. As previously stated, black tips are chemically treated to make them softer, smoother and more resistant to decomposition. Brown tips are not and therefore look rougher as is shown in the photo's on the previous pages. You are misleading people into believing that the brown tips which are naturally rougher are in no way comparable to your smooth and beautiful looking black tips which are pretty much all smooth and beautiful looking. Is it that difficult for you to understand that?

Do you have a comprehension disability because you clearly did not understand what I wrote in post #42.

TomHay

Best Tips For Less
Gold Member
Silver Member
Joe,

I read your posts and somehow I get reminded of a sign I had over my desk in my many years of roofing in South Florida.

Arguing with a Building Inspector is like wresteling a pig in the mud, sooner or later you learn the pig likes it.

As I said, I have no control, whatever the members doing this want to do is up to them.

Good news though, I am done going back and forth with you so I am out of this Thread on UltraSkinLayered Tips. Enjoy yourself. :smile:

Joe Barringer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No one is arguing here. You just can't communicate and have dialogue in an intelligent manner nor can you hold up to honest scrutiny and you certainly don't want honest and fair comparisons done as I mentioned in my post #42.

When you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. You were called task and you couldn't muster the courage to meet an open and honest comparison.

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What tip is this?

Attachments

• EverySingleMoonEver-EAW.png
    EverySingleMoonEver-EAW.png
    96.5 KB · Views: 641

rhncue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tom,

Sorry, I'm not a cowboy as I am from New York and there aren't any cowboys in the part of New York where I resided; none that I am aware of where I lived. I currently reside in Florida and have for over 30 years but still I have not ridden a horse. Contrary to your beliefs, I just can't qualify as a cowboy. I merely asked for confirmation of a dubious source. True to form, the source could not be supplied under the guise of confidentiality.

There is no rumor, which you fail to comprehend as the article is obviously above your pay grade. Neighbors made a mistatement and I corrected it just as I corrected Pechauer for his mistatement (on our web site) and I set the record straight; plain and simple. Nothing more and nothing less.

Unlike you, who posts on any thread to tout his tips, contrary to your beliefs, I don't "want in". I merely want an honest and fair test which you are incapable of doing nor supporting as you're driving this thread. I do not want my products tested in this ridiculous manner but merely was trying to help out in providing a fair and more accurate test which obviously you don't want any part of.

Why wouldn't you want to do a blind sampling of black tips? That would be the fairest method. And it could also be the most detrimental too. Of course you wouldn't want any part of that.

If you want to compare a Moori, go get some brown tips, put your name on it and then do a comparison. When you do a comparison, you compare like items. Brown compared to brown and black compared to black. As previously stated, black tips are chemically treated to make them softer, smoother and more resistant to decomposition. Brown tips are not and therefore look rougher as is shown in the photo's on the previous pages. You are misleading people into believing that the brown tips which are naturally rougher are in no way comparable to your smooth and beautiful looking black tips which are pretty much all smooth and beautiful looking. Is it that difficult for you to understand that?

Do you have a comprehension disability because you clearly did not understand what I wrote in post #42.

I'm not aware of making any misstatement that you corrected me on. I did make a statement of what I was told by someone whom probably has about as much experience with Mooris as you and I also told of my experience with the supposed Mooris that I had purchased. I DO believe that any attempt by you to correct what in your mind is a misstatement by me is above YOUR pay grade however.

Dick

Joe Barringer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not aware of making any misstatement that you corrected me on. I did make a statement of what I was told by someone whom probably has about as much experience with Mooris as you and I also told of my experience with the supposed Mooris that I had purchased. I DO believe that any attempt by you to correct what in your mind is a misstatement by me is above YOUR pay grade however.

Dick

Dickey....

I do hope your not suffering from alzheimers and/or Dementia because we already went through all this a few days ago. My heart goes out to you. Please allow me to refresh your memory.

In your post #27, you stated, "I've got plenty of Kamui's but where do you find any Moori's? I haven't seen any in a year or so until lately but they don't look like nor trim as Moori's always have and now I've been told, by a knowledgeable source, that the ones that are being offered at the moment are counterfeits made in China".

Well, what you said there was clearly wrong and so in my post #32, I corrected your misinformation and set the record straight by stating, "Dickie, who is this "knowledgeable source"?

So, the Moori's we're selling along with the Moori's that many other resellers are selling are "counterfeits made in China". Where do you come up with this stuff! More importantly why would you come up with it!

You seem to be a treasure trove of misinformation just like your uninformed buddy Joe Pechauer who we wrote about here:
http://www.cuecomponents.com/pocuetiandfe.html"

You see Dickie, before you repeat information from "knowledgeable sources" you should have called some actual sellers of the product and got their take on the actual situation rather than rely upon the BS of one "knowledgeable source".

And lastly, you can't count to my pay grade so don't go there.

Merry Christmas! Ho Ho Ho

TomHay

Best Tips For Less
Gold Member
Silver Member
Joe,

I don't mind you continually spamming an UltraSkinLayered thread and using the Joe Pechauer link as a way to spam your Tips at the bottom of the page. Desperate people do desperate things.

I would say since your pay grade is so high you could afford a microscope, take pictures and do your own evaluation on your own thread rather than to beg to be in this testing. I would say it was beneath you but I don't really know what is beneath you.

I do ask however that you refer to people by their names rather than trying to play a Kinder garden game by trying to upset a poster by taunting them with a misuse of their name.

Its called courtesy a word I don't think you are familiar with. Anyone can click on posts by you and see you don't post to contribute but post to argue.

I guess a man of your pay grade just does not care about people, I don't know.

CLAUD

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Moori authenication ?

Let's assume for a moment I am shopping for Moori tips and I have never purchased from anyone currently selling them so I can not rely on past experience. Is there a seller who would be willing to provide some type of documentation or proof that his are the "real deal"? Not pointing any fingers nor making any accusations. We all know how many products across a broad spectrum of industries have been counterfeited. I would think expensive cue tips would be no exception. Even though I have purchased from most of the suppliers, I am inclined to simply stay away from them until I can put my mind at ease that I am getting what I am paying for. If it turns out I am another misguided victim of the rumor mill, so be it. I will simply do without them for now. Input and opinions appreciated.

Joe Barringer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Joe,

I don't mind you continually spamming an UltraSkinLayered thread and using the Joe Pechauer link as a way to spam your Tips at the bottom of the page. Desperate people do desperate things.

I would say since your pay grade is so high you could afford a microscope, take pictures and do your own evaluation on your own thread rather than to beg to be in this testing. I would say it was beneath you but I don't really know what is beneath you.

I do ask however that you refer to people by their names rather than trying to play a Kinder garden game by trying to upset a poster by taunting them with a misuse of their name.

Its called courtesy a word I don't think you are familiar with. Anyone can click on posts by you and see you don't post to contribute but post to argue.

I guess a man of your pay grade just does not care about people, I don't know.

Tom,

Spamming is something you do to other threads. I am answering a specific falacy or misinformation with valid information. I'm not interested in you, your tips or this ridiculous thread. If you were genuinely interested in fairness you would address my points in my post #42 but you ignore it because you don't want fairness. You want to snow-job everyone.

I'm interested in fairness and accuracy when people spew vile inaccuracies. Get that through your thick skull. I can't help it if you have ignorant people who want to rehash things that have already been covered in previous posts. And as long as someone posts something which I think is not true, misinformation or directly addresses something I said, then I will comment.

You're absolutely correct as I don't post all that much on here becasue there is nothing I want to contribute because everyone else already knows it all so you surely don't need my 2 cents. However, when there is misinformation, yes I will argue that point because misinformation litters many topics and there are many neophytes who believe the crap that is spewed. I just try to set the record straight whereas people like you are on here for their own enlightened self interest.

Merry Christmas Ho Ho Ho

Enigmaticul

Banned
Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

ME YELLING

THIS IS MY THREAD. MINE NOT YOURS BUT MINE.

THE POINT OF THIS THREAD IS TO EVALUATE CUE TIPS UNDER THE MICROSCOPE AND POST THE FINDINGS FOR ENTIRE COMMUNITY TO ENJOY.

tOM WAS GENEROUS ENOUGH TO SEND ME A BUNCH OF TIPS FOR FREE FOR ME TO REVIEW AND FOR GIS GENEROSITY I WILL ALWAIS BE THANKFULL.

OTHER PEOPLE ARE SENDING ME TIPS AS WE SPEAK IN ORDER FOR ME TO ANALYZE AND GIVE A OPINION.

STOP ARGUING IN GENERAL.

ONE QUOTE I LIVE BY

iF YOU CAN HELP HELP IS NOT MOVE OUT OF THE WAY AND LET OTHER HELP.

THIS IS NOT DEDICATED TO A PERSON IN PARTICULAR BUT RATHER AS A GENERAL POINT.

i CONSIDER MYSELF A UPPER CLASS EDUCATED FELLOW AND I WANT TO BE SURROUNDED BY PEOPLE THAT BETTER THE BILLIARDS WORLD OR AT LEAST TRY.

SO LETS BE PRODUCTIVE HERE AND STOP ARGUING.:grin:

whammo57

Kim Walker
Silver Member
ME YELLING

THIS IS MY THREAD. MINE NOT YOURS BUT MINE.

THE POINT OF THIS THREAD IS TO EVALUATE CUE TIPS UNDER THE MICROSCOPE AND POST THE FINDINGS FOR ENTIRE COMMUNITY TO ENJOY.

tOM WAS GENEROUS ENOUGH TO SEND ME A BUNCH OF TIPS FOR FREE FOR ME TO REVIEW AND FOR GIS GENEROSITY I WILL ALWAIS BE THANKFULL.

OTHER PEOPLE ARE SENDING ME TIPS AS WE SPEAK IN ORDER FOR ME TO ANALYZE AND GIVE A OPINION.

STOP ARGUING IN GENERAL.

ONE QUOTE I LIVE BY

iF YOU CAN HELP HELP IS NOT MOVE OUT OF THE WAY AND LET OTHER HELP.

THIS IS NOT DEDICATED TO A PERSON IN PARTICULAR BUT RATHER AS A GENERAL POINT.

i CONSIDER MYSELF A UPPER CLASS EDUCATED FELLOW AND I WANT TO BE SURROUNDED BY PEOPLE THAT BETTER THE BILLIARDS WORLD OR AT LEAST TRY.

SO LETS BE PRODUCTIVE HERE AND STOP ARGUING.:grin:

good point........... ignore rants ..... keep up the good work

Kim

whammo57

Kim Walker
Silver Member
tip available

I have a kamui med that I will never use. I use ultraskins.

pm me if you want it. I will ship it anywhere.

Kim

Dirtbmw20

Lee Casto
Silver Member
I sent him five different tips about 2 weeks ago, one being a Kamui black, but I haven't heard anything from him since they were shipped.