Unreal straight pool shot

skiergirl55

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We were playing straight pool today and this shot just amazed me.

Kicking at the 5 ball, new rack. The cue ball goes into the rack PERFECTLY and the 14 ball goes out.........5 ball misses everything and goes down table.:grin:

171951.jpg

Njhustler1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i'm confused. why is there a ball on the spot? this was a new rack or the beginning of the game? that's where the cue ball started or ended up?

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
If this was a new rack of a game in progress, why is there a ball on the foot spot?

And what ball did the cue ball take the place of, the 5?

This isn't making sense to me. I must be missing something.

Rod

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did you fall off another ladder? :grin:

What's a ball doing on the head spot?
That spot is left empty on a new rack.

Is that the cue ball in the middle of the bottom row?

If so why was there not a ball there on a new rack?

If this an outer limits version of 14-1 --- never mind! LOL

Rod

Ashley

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OP said new rack, like 1st rack.

This is all just an argument on semantics it seems...but what the hell, I'll give it a try:

Theoretically, if this was a new rack (i.e. brand spanking new game altogether) the more impressive shot would have been before this where the breaker not only moved just one ball out of the rack (which apparently was the ball in the middle of the back....hmm) but also hooked the opponent...

Don't take any of this to heart OP...it's the internet...we'll argue about what color the sky is....

cuetechasaurus

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If this was the first rack I can't see how the cue ball can go to that spot and put the loose balls where they are.....can you explain exactly what happened?

ridinda9

AKA: Sandy Bagger
Silver Member
it'll change by morning . . . . I hope . . .

mmmm, right now it's the color of a rich , dark espresso . . .

back on topic , now . . .
yes , that's an impressive shot - but there's a high percentage shot to get out of this rack with.
just shot it 3 times on the practice table to be sure . . . 100%

call it . . . .

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
I can't speak for exactly what is going on in this picture, but the situation in 14.1 comes up all the time where you play "safe" by pocketing a ball, then its spotted.

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
For sure Cleary, just that there was no mention of a safety or a ball being pocketed. Hopefully skiergirl will come back and clarify what is going on here.

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
It's always refreshing to wake up in the morning and see 14.1 being discussed in the main forum.

:shakehead:

12310bch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Skiers often get disoriented and giddy this time of year when they hear of the first big dumps.