upa self seving enterprise?

Roy Steffensen

locksmith
Silver Member
Bruce, don't confuse people. By mentioning Jay Helfert in the context that you did, who by the way was hired to run the physical event and was not an organizer or responsible for the added money, you make it seem Jay was to blame when he had nothing to do with the money issues of that event.

The players are being paid. You were and have never been part of the negotiations and are not part of the group who are overseeing the players get paid. Bruce you do not know the facts, but still try to stir up old wounds and garbage. You are well aware the topic has been written about several times and yet you still like to be inflamitory.

It is not my way to normally respond to a post like this, but I will put my foot down when I see good people being potentially damaged by inuendo and uneducated spectulation. The organizer of the UPA sanctioned tourney in April '08 was Chuck Bobbit. Chuck is in fact paying the players back.

Mark Griffin (who had nothing to do with the tournament in AZ) is acting on behalf of the players by being the liason and overseeing that Bobbit does live up to what he said he would do. Beyond that no one other than Chuck, Mark and the players need to know any further details.

Hope that answers your last question and now move on.

I knew there were several good reasons why I like you and why I had cocobolocowboy on ignore. You should try to put him on ignore, it's 200 less posts a day to read :)

MOJOE

Work Hard, Be Humble. jbk
Silver Member
I try to ignore every one of Coocoobolo's posts, as he has to put something in every thread and most of his comments are so short and worthless I feel dumber every time I actually read one.

I could not have said it any better, MANY of us completely agree.

I think somebody like hopkins would be bad for the furture of pool. He ran a tourny called million dollar tourny only paid out 60000. Fact is he didnt even play in it himself. Didnt add a time of money to the tourny.

Looks like we've got trolls coming out of the woodwork.. 5 posts and bashing with no idea of what he/she is talking about. Sheesh!

Last edited:

Hierovision

Dios mio, man.
Silver Member
Instructions:
1. Click CocoboloCowboy's name next to his post.
2. Click View Public Profile.
3. Click the down arrow next to User Lists under his status.
4. Select Add to Ignore List.
5. Click Yes.
6. Rejoice.

Sweet Marissa

www.Bella-Muse.com
I can name four wonderful people that dedicate their lives to promoting pool and creating great events for not only the players, but its fans:

Mark Griffin
Greg of Diamond Billiards
Jay Helfert
Allen Hopkins

How dare Cowboy and Denzy attempt to smear Jay Helfert and Allen Hopkins. I hope you both get sued for libel and slander.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am sure that you like pizza and yes it makes u fat, I understand your all just trying to show how meaningless u think my post is but I will ask the question again. Does Frank Alvarez have the right to try and sell his marketing franchise junk on this forum when he owes $ to the players. If I were him and I had run it into the ground as much as he has I would want to sell it also.

I think it's clear now how Frank supports himself going from one event to the next, he takes the $ from the players that are owed and tries to chalk his cue with the leather end instead of the rubber bumber. I apolagize for the ranting and raving I just feel that if I saw Frank I would not want to be held responsable for what might happen and he ouweighs me by 100 pounds of fat. So Frank if you read this I would like to challenge you to that POKER,PAIN, and POOL that Blain is involved in. If your interested then please pm me or just stay hidden in the shadows hah ha ha upa what a joke. Well at least the women have the WPBA, which IS a legitamate tour.

Nice Dasnny is ready to get in the ring, he is fit and strong. I think Blain has his first match(that I know of) I hope it comes off. I dont know Frank, barly know Danny but I'll bet $500 on Danny.

denzy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hopkins is one of those parasites that likes to harvest but never likes to plant. I bet Lee is one of those guys that likes to teach pool but cant play unless playing a duck.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hopkins is one of those parasites that likes to harvest but never likes to plant. I bet Lee is one of those guys that likes to teach pool but cant play unless playing a duck.

I think Lee is over his jet lag and may be taking appointments for 1on1 pool tourneys. You saying you want a shot (not for funsies either)?

denzy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have to admit a person should not resort to name calling and just rely on facts. Hopkins is a good pool promoter like Don King is a good boxing promoter. The fact is Hopkins ran a million dollar tourny and only 60000 thousand dollars in it. He didnt play in it. Didnt put a dime of added money in the tourny. Someone please educate me and tell me theis is untrue. By the way there is no mens tour.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Bruce, don't confuse people. By mentioning Jay Helfert in the context that you did, who by the way was hired to run the physical event and was not an organizer or responsible for the added money, you make it seem Jay was to blame when he had nothing to do with the money issues of that event.

The players are being paid. You were and have never been part of the negotiations and are not part of the group who are overseeing the players get paid. Bruce you do not know the facts, but still try to stir up old wounds and garbage. You are well aware the topic has been written about several times and yet you still like to be inflamitory.

It is not my way to normally respond to a post like this, but I will put my foot down when I see good people being potentially damaged by inuendo and uneducated spectulation. The organizer of the UPA sanctioned tourney in April '08 was Chuck Bobbit. Chuck is in fact paying the players back.

Mark Griffin (who had nothing to do with the tournament in AZ) is acting on behalf of the players by being the liason and overseeing that Bobbit does live up to what he said he would do. Beyond that no one other than Chuck, Mark and the players need to know any further details.

Jay was as you said RUNNING the Event. He was TD, and like the Top 8 Players got stuck with a RUBBER CHECKS. I believe the Money Owed the Players, and Jay has never been paid in full. The Event was UPA Sanctioned the EVENT, and the UPA did not make the DEBET GOOD. or Chase after the Money man to see everyone got paid in full!!!.

Hopefully Jay will chime in and let the World know if the debt was ever paid in full or money is still do people from Bobbit. This should not be a state secret

Don't think the Pro Pool Player will be heading to Arizona soon to participate in anything, as I would assume they got a bad taste in their mouths and pocket from the RUBBER CHECKS...

But as I understand this is nothing NEW in the Pool World, as the Kevin Trudeau Guy also stiffed Pool Player, and now is making boo koo bucks selling get rich quick, free money, or get out of debt book.

Stuff like this don't happen on the Pro Golf, or Pro Tennis Tour.. I wonder why.

Last edited:

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jay was as you said RUNNING the Event. He was TD, and like the Top 8 Players got stuck with a RUBBER CHECKS. I believe the Money Owed the Players, and Jay has never been paid in full. The Event was UPA Sanctioned the EVENT, and the UPA did not make the DEBET GOOD. or Chase after the Money man to see everyone got paid in full!!!.

Hopefully Jay will chime in and let the World know if the Debit was ever paid in full or money is still do people from Bobbit. This should not be a state secret

Don't think the Pro Pool Player will be heading to Arizona soon to participate in anything, as I would assume they got a bad taste in their mouths and pocket from the RUBBER CHECKS...

But as I understand this is nothing NEW in the Pool World, as the Kevin Trudeau Guy also stiffed Pool Player, and now is making boo koo bucks selling get rich quick, free money, or get out of debit book.

Stuff like this don't happen on the Pro Golf, or Pro Tennis Tour.. I wonder why.

lol...debit.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member

I hope my red rep sent you into a deep abyss.....brothaaaaah

Last edited:

ugotactionTX

I'm in dead rack!
Silver Member
I had to do the same thing, he needs to just go away. It takes some real effort to be that red with less than 10 posts..

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member

Actually Holly, I think that Jay's name should be mentioned because he is the one who was also working on getting the money out of Bobbit and getting paperwork ready file against Bobbit if he didn't make an effort to pay the players. So if he is going to be mentioned at all it can only be in a good way.

eezbank

Silver Surfer
Silver Member

I threw some pretty red lights your way. Merry Christmas troll!!! :)

Sweet Marissa

www.Bella-Muse.com

Hopefully Jay will chime in and let the World know if the debt was ever paid in full or money is still do people from Bobbit. This should not be a state secret
I sent some rep to match this inane post.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Actually Holly, I think that Jay's name should be mentioned because he is the one who was also working on getting the money out of Bobbit and getting paperwork ready file against Bobbit if he didn't make an effort to pay the players. So if he is going to be mentioned at all it can only be in a good way.

Amen. That is what I understood Jay did...Jay not give up until everyone was or is paid in full all the monies owed from the $25000 Added Desert Shootout.

Last edited: