Update on "Chris Cass" Aiardo's Exquisite Southwest

mosconiac

Job+Wife+Child=No Stroke
Silver Member
I have a special story & cue to share. I am sure there are many of you that remember Chris "Chris Cass" Aiardo from the various billiards forums. It’s been a number of years since Chris passed, but I am sure you all remember him & his Southwest. If you've never seen his cue, you are in for a treat! I cannot recall a more exquisite Southwest than Chris’ Franklin-era cue...truly a masterpiece.

The cue has remained in storage, but was taken out just this Saturday for a notable event. Chris’ son, Christ "Spike" Aiardo, is about to embark on the greatest journey of his life. He is following his father’s footsteps and serving his country in the military. During a party & pool tournament commemorating Spike’s enlistment, his mom surprised him with the opportunity to play with his dad’s cue.

So here it is…the "Chris Cass" Southwest in Spike’s able hands. Enjoy!

I almost forgot...Spike won the tourney with his dad's cue. A perfect ending to a special afternoon.

img7092small.jpg


NOTE: It's all in the details...note how the rings are aligned between the forearm & the joint protector.
img7097small.jpg


img7100small.jpg


img7050small.jpg


img7026small.jpg


img7045small.jpg
 
Last edited:
Between the great pics and the great story, this is one AWESOME thread!

Thanks for sharing.
 
Great story

What branch is he going into? I have to say that is the best looking southwest I have seen. I wish him the best on his Journey.

PHJ
 
Today is the day Spike Aiardo ships out to Fort Leonardwood to report for basic training. Make us proud, kid! See you soon...

img7061correctedsmall.jpg
 
WoW, that is a beautiful South West by Jerry Franklin.
Spike, god bless you brother as you serve our country.
Thank you for sharing this great story.


Michael
 
I said to him after the Tournament that he could go ahead and turn the "auto-pilot" switch to off on the cue and he just smiled from ear to ear.

He was very proud to be playing with his fathers cue, and to be WINNING!

Spike will do great in Army, hes a sponge looking for a little knowledge.
 
Just wanted to note that tomorrow is the day Spike graduates from basic (well, it's family day anyway). I plan to make the trip to Fort Leonard Wood, MO with a mutual friend to attend the ceremony on Friday. He'll return home for a short leave & then start the next leg of his duty.
 
Last edited:
Awesome cue, and an even better story. God bless this young man while he serves our country. Keep your chin up and your head down!
Semper Fi...
 
Since this thread has resurfaced (thanks rackrunner!), I'll update you all that Spike is being readied for deployment. Iraq is a likely target & it should happen real soon. Please wish him all your best!!!
 
Back
Top