Update on the Des Moines pool scene

Richardson

Who me ?
Silver Member
Mikey Frost aka The Big Swagga Dippa aka Chief Heavy Nutz is hung over and happy!

Couldn't hardly hear you last night. :)

-------------------------------------------------

Dr. Cue put on a great show. We took 2 older kids and my little 3yo. boy up there. Tom had my little one come up a couple times, he had fun. Won't stop talking about it today ! :D

Thanks again Randy, just another example of the things you're doing to make the pool community a better place.

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member
I came out in the Purple and Gold and represented all night long. You probably did hear me just a little bit. I wanted to see the trick shot show but got sidetracked. The few parts I did get to see he was pretty funny as usual and was doing some cool stuff.

I attempted to let a couple people out but they forced me to take all the money. Their were numerous "Swagger Dips" and victory drinks. I lost a whopping $45 against the spread...10x winner that for the series win and other random big dogs and online bets.

blah blah

Shoebat
Then you need to spend 52 seconds on this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyeY0hWU28I

Jeff Livingston

THAT was an awesome video- you made my day. Greenie owed and Thank you!

I had a lovely morning checking out youtube videos and found another great one (but a lot longer) bragging about Iowa: Where in Iowa is Jeff?

I also searched for Sacramento videos and like this one just because it shows a lot of midtown and midtown landmarks, and especially because the guy predictably catches every freaking red light: My Hometown- Sacramento

Last edited:

deadstroke7

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
any good matches happen lately? Or have we reverted to the typical summer. Last summer was so enjoyable for pool.

Any on the radar, still upcoming?

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member
There stuff that's going down in the pool hall. We just ain't talkin about what's going down in the pool hall. Let's just say some money flew around. Some of it ended up in my pocket.

Richardson

Who me ?
Silver Member
4 people today....Me, Justin, Brent and Flip.

round robin, justin beat our brains in.

Was fun, we were the only people in there besides Paul/Randy. Nice and peaceful ! !

TheMadScientist

Justin Richardson
Silver Member
4 people today....Me, Justin, Brent and Flip.

round robin, justin beat our brains in.

Was fun, we were the only people in there besides Paul/Randy. Nice and peaceful ! !

So far, we have had about 14 different people show up for this weekly one hole tournament. They just don't seem to want to all come at once. Come on everyone. Lets try to get 20 people next week!

Now that I've won one of these things, I may never lose again. :eek:

Oh, and you forgot Jim in there watching us.

Last edited:

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member
So far, we have had about 14 different people show up for this weekly one hole tournament. They just don't seem to want to all come at once. Come on everyone. Lets try to get 20 people next week!

Now that I've won one of these things, I may never lose again. :eek:

Oh, and you forgot Jim in there watching us.

I came right after it was over apparently, gave Brent 10-6 and won 5 games.

I told you it has to be handicapped. Until it gets handicapped you are probably going to have a weekly round robin.

deadstroke7

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
An interesting enigma.

Difficult to please all the people all the time, but the trick lies in pleasing the most people alot of the time...

I hope to get there next month.

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member
I played Mark Jarvis some 9-Ball last night for a couple hours. $20/game he gave me the 6-ball. He's from Indiana and plays like all those Indiana players which is extremely good! It was fun to play with a guy of his caliber, I wish we could have played longer. Good times.

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member
did he play anyone else in town?

Well Daniel tried to spot him a game on the bar table in a race to 5 and that was a super heist obviously.

Mike Henderson was on the fence about trying him but I don't think he pulled the trigger. He was going to play Donny but he said he's been scared of Donny since he was 15 and Donny is the best player he's ever seen so he didn't want to play him. He got Donny's phone number and stuff and offered to do some roof work for him I believe though. He was in awe of Donny it was actually kind of good to see a great player pay proper respect to him.

So unless someone played him Monday night I'll say everyone else is smarter than me and stayed away from a guy that's finished in the top 7 in every DCC event.

TheMadScientist

Justin Richardson
Silver Member
Frost, come play the one pocket this Saturday and I'll gamble with you some afterward. I'll play the same game you beat me at last time. I just want to do a race instead of by the game.

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member
Frost, come play the one pocket this Saturday and I'll gamble with you some afterward. I'll play the same game you beat me at last time. I just want to do a race instead of by the game.

Okay Justin I will do that on Saturday. Should be pretty entertaining. I won't play the tourney though because I am still in bed when it starts from my usual late Friday night. If no one busts me by the weekend though I will play some more with you.

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member
Just played enough One Hole tonight to figure out that the window is NOT open for me and Justin's action on Saturday. I might need a ball spot by the time it is all said and done! I'll be watching one hole and youtube for the next two days to figure out how the hell you get out of someone's break as I have clearly lost the ability to do anything other than give up balls after the break.

deadstroke7

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shipwrecked

MIKEY!!

I need a pool information fix. Inquiring minds....:wave:

What's the latest?? I feel like I am on a ship at sea in the 1620's. :shocked:

I have found no games/action in SW Missouri. (not tried very hard though). Know of anything in Joplin area? :angel:

Richardson

Who me ?
Silver Member
Good tournament today. 10 people. Don won the winners, when i left Mikey H and Justin were hill/hill to see who gets the chance to double dip Don..

I got 4th :(

But had a great time.
----------------------------------------
Don't know if you call check out the cue gallery, but this cue is too pretty to not give you all the chance to see it.
here you go:
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=192135

Last edited: