US Open 9-ball updates thread..

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
BTW-Unless he pronounces his name differently than every other Aloysius in the World, it is 'Aloe-Wishus', not 'A loy shus' How does no one know that?
Met a guy from Singapore last week. He has met Mr Yapp.
He says ‘A loy shus’

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
There certainly were some nerves in the semi final. I lean toward Yapp as the winner as well..
As well as Yapp has played I just think it's Carlo's time. He got through a wicked tough match. I suspect he will eith come out SUPER STRONG. Sometime these matches take the fizz out of you but something about Carlo tells me it's his time.

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
As well as Yapp has played I just think it's Carlo's time. He got through a wicked tough match. I suspect he will come out SUPER STRONG. Sometime these matches take the fizz out of you but something about Carlo tells me it's his time.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
As well as Yapp has played I just think it's Carlo's time. He got through a wicked tough match. I suspect he will eith come out SUPER STRONG. Sometime these matches take the fizz out of you but something about Carlo tells me it's his time.
Biado was extremely fortunate to get through Alcaide and Oi.
If he keeps breaking and jumping like he has, Yapp wins this by 3-5 games.

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pretty obvious who is quite a favorite in the final. It's more of a question if Aloysius is ready to "close the deal" after playing so impressive in this tournament especially against Filler and SVB showing what is a perfection.
What is also in his favor it will be his 4th match on this TV table (all in last 16... looks like MR will be glad to have this young rising star winning his first major). He surely deserves it with his dedication to the game...
It would be good if Carlo has more luck with his break = more chances for a good battle in the final.

Last edited:

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The importance of winning the lag in this final match could be a big advantage. If one of the players can do that then make balls on their first break it could be very, very important. Getting loose and running a few games might apply so much pressure it could be all over from the get go. Are they going to allow Biado and Yapp to warm up before the finals match?

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If it wasnt for leagues, there would be a total of 10 pool tables in the whole of the United States, and you know it.
I'd be fine with that. There's been enough compromise.

Allow league corporations to dominate pool...now a foreign broadcast company and wonder why pool goes nowhere in this country.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

don't follow that reasoning really, carlo makes many mistakes, yapp is almost flawless and that's what i think it will come down to. with that said carlo is (alongside raga) the most feared pool warrior in the philipines for a good reason. but my money is on yapp here

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
FINAL
Race to 13

Let's go
Biado wins lag and running out.

f111.jpg