US Open 9-ball updates thread..

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
So that sort of sets Trump to be the equivalent of a FR 740??
Well the Trump run is over. I think he did just about as well as I expected.

Ran over 2 guys without a FR
Ran over over 1 guy that was 733
Got ran over by someone in the 800s
And went double hill with a guy rated 741
I think it pegs him around mid 700s, but with like 5 robustness lol.

I dunno, seems right? The guy has a world class stroke and fundamentals. He for sure seemed nervous here, but has played for bigger cash and much, much bigger audiences. He's clearly not writing on a blank slate, but also looks like he just walked into a pool room for the first time the other week.

Trump has never, to my knowledge, ever held himself out as God. He's been super humble, and obviously working to promote and market the event for Matchroom. His interview was as classy as it gets. "I'm here to have fun and excited to watch the really top guys finish this up."

Last edited:

middleofnowhere

Registered
I think we've already seen what Trump has to offer, there's no way he's winning this tournament.

I think it pegs him around mid 700s, but with like 5 robustness lol.

I dunno, seems right? The guy has a world class stroke and fundamentals. He for sure seemed nervous here, but has played for bigger cash and much, much bigger audiences. He's clearly not writing on a blank slate, but also looks like he just walked into a pool room for the first time the other week.
I think the British press may not be as kind as you are. They will likely say something like "Judd Trump goes to the US and s#its all over himself."
I think it's pretty safe to say he won't be doing this again.

gerryf

Judd Trump was just eliminated by a mid level pool player. The game of pool isn't so easy after all, is it!
If Judd has the equivalent of about FR 740, it will be interesting what he does next year. I'm pretty sure Matchroom will ask him to play in the UK Open.

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
Ouschan vs Kazakis on the main table, with JJ in the booth. Should be good.
I think the British press may not be as kind as you are. They will likely say something like "Judd Trump goes to the US and s#its all over himself."
I think it's pretty safe to say he won't be doing this again.
I think that at my worst and most vicious, I'm still nicer than the British press.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
If Judd has the equivalent of about FR 740, it will be interesting what he does next year. I'm pretty sure Matchroom will ask him to play in the UK Open.
From what I saw he's no Fargo 740. 640 would be more like it.

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
Grabe up over Shaw 2-0 on the free stream table.

Both have been playing pretty well - I'm rooting for Denis, really nice guy. One of those guys you'd like to see take down a major.

Shaw destroyed Trump the other day though, so it's no cakewalk if Shaw maintains that level.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Love watching those Losers Elimination Do or Die matches between top players, much more entertaining than Winners side. So Albin v Kazakis better than Grabe v Shaw :LOL:

The hot players on fire now are Yapp (put pack of 7 on Filler yesterday), Orcollo, Gorst.
But as they say you are only as good as your last match :LOL:

vjmehra

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He went hill/hill with a 740, and just barely beat a 731, so 740 seems to be about his level. With only a couple of data points it's all conjecture anyway.

I was definitely quite surprised how poor Trump was today. I think everyone expected a loss against Jayson, but he had so many chances today he should have won comfortably.

MSchaffer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From what I saw he's no Fargo 740. 640 would be more like it.
Not sure you know what a 640 looks like, but what I saw from Trump was not it. I think he is around mid-700s with his current experience level. We'll never know what he is capable of, because I really doubt he does too many of these.

If he is a 640 with that stroke, then the rest of us are languishing in the mid-200s.

middleofnowhere

Registered
I watched all of Judd Trump's matches and I have a feeling he should never be playing pool again not if he's going to continue to play snooker. He's rattling balls in, out and out missing, playing too fast and so on

If he was to keep messing with pool he will ruin his snooker game. I don't think pool demands the kind of precision that snooker does. He actually is looking sloppy and I can't believe that a player like this is the second best snooker player in the world.

I would say "Judd go home and do what you do best and stay the hell away from pool tables".
Well there's cues and balls in the table, pool and snooker are two completely different games.

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
I thought Jeremy Sossei had signed up to play but I don’t see his name in the schedule. As I missing his name or did he drop out?
I didn't see Jeremy in person or his name on the finalized tournament chart.

Reactions: VVP