US Open 9-ball updates thread..

vjmehra

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And yet even the American viewers will turn against SVB in a second, depending on what day it is!!!!

I think its just something about cue sports fans...at the moment there are plenty of snooker fans moaning about how unfair winner breaks is...if only they knew about the many threads on here ;-)

Slasher

KE = 0.5 • m • v2
Silver Member
I don't think deflection had anything to do with anything he was firing in Long shots. This last match he was rattling in balls a few feet from the hole.

He actually missed the ball in the corner that couldn't have been more than 18 inches from the pocket. Almost unmissable with your eyes closed how did that happen. I'm sure it was a lot of self-talk going on in his head saying I'm never doing this again.
lol

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
Albin has managed to stay in the battle 7-7 against Kazakis. Albin looks like his dog just ran away though.

middleofnowhere

Registered
I think most American viewers believe Trump came here to win, but fail to realize he came to have fun. Win or lose has no effect on him like it does with every other player in this event. I mean think about it, he's the ONLY millionaire playing in this event! How many players in this event HAVE EVER placed in the money in a Snooker event? There's always going to be animosity towards any NON- Americans playing in this event, yet all the Americans who support this event, fail to realize only TWO American players have won this event since 2006 when John Schmidt won it, and SVB 5 times since! SVB is the ONLY hope of an American ever winning this event again, like it or not!!!!
Champions don't play to have fun. You think that guy you just now saw lose was having fun? British tabloids are going to have a field day with him and he knows it. He wishes he never agreed to do this.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Alex got beat 11 - 0 without making a ball WHATS YOUR POINT?

Why all the hate for a guy that has been very humble and is helping to grow/support your shitty little sport with shitty paydays?

It would take somebody winning this event 14 times to equal what he wins in 1 event.

Whats really funny is the guy just started playing pool in the last few weeks and finished 32nd - 48th and all of you want to automatically place him as a ~ 740 Fargo, there were/are a lot of players that finish equal or worse than that, and yet you all are patting yourselves on the back like your geniuses.

Take Shanes record at Mosconi and tell me with those results ONLY what type of player he is.

God damn do I hate AZB people sometimes
Slow down tiger. I don't know what you've been drinking, but you got way out of line here.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
But we're unlike most other sports -- you can only compare us to other sports where the prize money is as low.

In pool you need the dead money if you're shooting for a high number of entries. It's that simple.

Lou Figueroa
Agreed- sad, but true - I'll make a contribution to the prize money for the upcoming American 14.1 - and plan to attend to support the cause.

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
Albin playing pretty sporty, though I swear it looks like he's getting a root canal.

Up 10-8 over Kazakis on the hill and breaking.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I think most American viewers believe Trump came here to win, but fail to realize he came to have fun. Win or lose has no effect on him like it does with every other player in this event. I mean think about it, he's the ONLY millionaire playing in this event! How many players in this event HAVE EVER placed in the money in a Snooker event? There's always going to be animosity towards any NON- Americans playing in this event, yet all the Americans who support this event, fail to realize only TWO American players have won this event since 2006 when John Schmidt won it, and SVB 5 times since! SVB is the ONLY hope of an American ever winning this event again, like it or not!!!!
I would bet he's not the only millionaire in this event! Some of the "dead money" guys have very deep pockets, you can believe that. And people are knocking them on here too. You do make an interesting point about only two Americans winning this event in the last fifteen years. I can only speak for myself when I say I have no animosity for any pool players based on their nationality. There may be a couple I don't care for, but it has more to do with their character than anything else.

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
I would bet he's not the only millionaire in this event! Some of the "dead money" guys have very deep pockets, you can believe that. And people are knocking them on here too. You do make an interesting point about only two Americans winning this event in the last fifteen years. I can only speak for myself when I say I have no animosity for any pool players based on their nationality. There may be a couple I don't care for, but it has more to do with their character than anything else.
Doesn't Shane own some investment property plus own his own house? He may not be liquid $1MM, but I was under the impression Shane kept his finances in pretty good order for a pool player.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Trump won his million playing snooker, and they won THEIR million playing what again???

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Doesn't Shane own some investment property plus own his own house? He may not be liquid $1MM, but I was under the impression Shane kept his finances in pretty good order for a pool player.
I guarantee you Shane makes money from Endorsements, way more than his earnings on the table? Trump made HIS million+ on a Snooker table! How many OTHER players in this event have earned a MILLION + on a pool table, and don't try throwing in career earnings either!