US Open 9-ball updates thread..

geoff_182

And until those last 10 games of the Finals, Yapp had won 68% of his games and Biado 59%.
Congrats to Biado for winning, but Yapp was the most impressive player of the tournament by far. Filler, SVB, and Orcollo could have been considered the top-3 favorites going in to this tournament, and Yapp not only beat them, but crushed them all. And to do it on the TV table vs SVB and Orcollo was unreal. Not to mention his sportsmanship of the SVB time-foul situation.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
According to Mike Page's Fargo update on Facebook:

Yapp performed at a blistering 875 for 131 games in the US Open.

Over the US Open and the two Vegas events, Yapp performed at a whopping 851 (298 games) for all three events.

Yapp has raised his Fargo Rate 15 points, 800 to 815, in just two weeks.

For the US Open:

11-5 over SVB
11-4 over Filler
11-6 over Orcollo

Damn.

Shane remains top dog on Fargo at 830 now.
The only thing you can say is... WOW!!!

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
Congrats to Biado for winning, but Yapp was the most impressive player of the tournament by far. Filler, SVB, and Orcollo could have been considered the top-3 favorites going in to this tournament, and Yapp not only beat them, but crushed them all. And to do it on the TV table vs SVB and Orcollo was unreal. Not to mention his sportsmanship of the SVB time-foul situation.

His sportsmanship won a lot of fans including me. Thou I did want to see Carlo win this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
9 foot tables will NEVER be the norm again. Get over it. Look, I dont like it any better than you do... I would love to play on 9 foot tables. But wish in one hand... shit in the other. Which one fills first?

Back to subject, Mr Yapp has a new fan. I love watching that kid play. I studied his pre shot routine, his stance, his stroke and delivery. His cue ball control is outstanding. I would also like to meet his teacher.
9 footers are the norm for me...I got 10 foot Billiards and a Chinese 8 ball table when we get bored with that. The barboxes are fir the kids and wives.

middleofnowhere

Registered
I make more than Shane Van Boening doing what I'm doing....so why would I want to be on the road playing pool for a living?
Are you as good at what you do as he is at what he does? He is one of the best in the world, in fact, one of the best ever.
Are you? Would anyone pay to watch you do what ever it is you do? Does anyone ask for your autograph? Would anyone even know you outside of your close friends or family?

Last edited:

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are you as good at what you do as he is at what he does? He is one of the best in the world, in fact, one of the best ever.
Are you? Would anyone pay to watch you do what ever it is you do? Does anyone ask for your autograph? Would anyone even know you outside of your close friends or family?
That wasn't the question son...

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
9 footers are the norm for me...I got 10 foot Billiards and a Chinese 8 ball table when we get bored with that. The barboxes are fir the kids and wives.
If you make a living belittling other people, I'll say you are vastly underpaid.
Go suck a donkey dick.

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
Not only that, but we also have to realize that a big part of it is just that that is what we are used to. Ten foot tables apparently used to be the standard table size. I can guarantee that during the transition time all you were hearing was "nine foot tables aren't real tables, those are kiddie toys, real men play on ten foot tables, nine foot tables are going to ruin the game, what a joke those tiny easy nine foot tables are..." until nine foot became the new norm and the ten foot guys died out, and so it will continue. Now here we are with nine foot table guys saying the same about eight foot tables because nine foot was the standard they grew up on and were used to, even though those same nine foot guys were a complete joke to some previous generation.
no one is playing on 8 foot tables... bar boxes are 7 footers...

Jaden