US Open 9B October, 2022 -- Atlantic City

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I don't know what his ranking was at the time, but Rodrigo (Edgie) Geronimo is currently a 782 and I think he was the lowest of last year's top 16.
Yes, he was the lowest a year ago. My guess is that his Fargo was about 765-770 at the time but I just don't remember.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Meaning that you predict that the lowest Fargo found among the last 16 will be 770, right? I'll go 758, but wouldn't it be nice if some lower rated player found their way to the round of 16?

758 is very specific, are you thinking of anyone in particular?

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
But Allen has free entry for life, having won in the past. Kinda knew that about DO.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
But Allen has free entry for life, having won in the past. Kinda knew that about DO.
Hopkins hasn't entered in some 15 years I believe. Same for Gabe, Buddy, Sigel, etc.

Off-topic, I wonder if the prior winners still get free entry with Matchroom?

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Hopkins hasn't entered in some 15 years I believe. Same for Gabe, Buddy, Sigel, etc.

Off-topic, I wonder if the prior winners still get free entry with Matchroom?
Allen Hopkins played in last year's event. He lives in South New Jersey, probably a twenty-minute drive from Atlantic City, so with no lodging cost or entry fee, it was truly a free roll.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
My gosh there is a lot of dead money in there.
Not as dead as it might be. 128th place gets $750 back -- same as the entry fee.

1664645878416.png