US open player list

fasted71465

Fast Ed
Silver Member
It has been my dream to win the open all the way back at 14 years old. I don't care if I ever win a world championship, It is very unlikely that I do either.

RobertaAgnor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just like every other year, the closer it gets to the event the more people start to register; it's always been either a full field or very close to it.

RobertaAgnor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think there will be a great field of players from all over the world like there is every year. I just don't get all the negativity, Barry and Shannon know they have a lot to make up for from previous years. I see a lot of good things in the works for this year from the ring game to working with the youths. There is always so much talk about supporting pool but there doesn't seem to be much of that towards the Open.

I see at least one player on the list who said earlier this year that he wouldn't play in it again but he obviously changed his mind. The players will continue to support the Open, Barry, and Shannon; it just would be nice to see more of that from everyone else too.

Maybe instead of spreading discontent before it even starts why not wait and see how it goes? I have seen them taking every step they need to take to ensure there are no problems this year. I think it's going to be a great event and can't wait for it to start.

Last edited:
Any negativity that exists about the US open

I think there will be a great field of players from all over the work like there is every year. I just don't get all the negativity, Barry and Shannon know they have a lot to make up for from previous years. I see a lot of good things in the works for this year from the ring game to working with the youths. They is always so much talk about supporting pool but there doesn't seem to be much of that towards the Open.

I see at least one player on the list who said earlier this year that he wouldn't play in it again but he obviously changed his mind. The players will continue to support the Open, Barry, and Shannon; it just would be nice to see more of that from everyone else too.

Maybe instead of spreading discontent before it even starts why not wait and see how it goes? I have seen them taking every step they need to take to ensure there are no problems this year. I think it's going to be a great event and can't wait for it to start.

All of the negativity that exists about the US open has been created exclusively by Barry's actions. That players and fans alike have meaningful distrust in this event has been earned. To expect that negativity to disappear based on Barry's word is foolish. It will take a few years of flawless performance by the promoter before he can earn back the trust of those interested in this event.

EL'nino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think there will be a great field of players from all over the work like there is every year. I just don't get all the negativity, Barry and Shannon know they have a lot to make up for from previous years. I see a lot of good things in the works for this year from the ring game to working with the youths. They is always so much talk about supporting pool but there doesn't seem to be much of that towards the Open.

Roberta, I am a huge fan of the Open and attend (EVERY YEAR) I am not a personal friend of the Behrmans and they owe me nothing. Strictly from a spectator standpoint, if they mistreat the players and don't compensate them in a timely manner, they won't return and there will be no reason for me to return either. I appreciate your loyalty to Barry/Shannon but I'm there only for the product they can deliver.

Donny Lutz

Ferrule Cat
Silver Member
Players burned?

Doubtful you will see many of the top filipino players this year. Same goes for Chinese and Taiwan players. "Burn me once and I'm done with you!"

Actually there was a player or two from Taiwan who were only paid recently. They were in low payout positions as I recall.

Most folks probably have no idea what you're talking about when you say that the Asian players "got burned". Please elaborate just a bit.

With so many of the world's great players missing, I may not even watch...

RobertaAgnor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All of the negativity that exists about the US open has been created exclusively by Barry's actions. That players and fans alike have meaningful distrust in this event has been earned. To expect that negativity to disappear based on Barry's word is foolish. It will take a few years of flawless performance by the promoter before he can earn back the trust of those interested in this event.

I understand what you're saying & believe me they know they have a lot to make up for from previous years. I think it's foolish to write off an event and think you know what's going to happen before the event even takes place.

RobertaAgnor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Roberta, I am a huge fan of the Open and attend (EVERY YEAR) I am not a personal friend of the Behrmans and they owe me nothing. Strictly from a spectator standpoint, if they mistreat the players and don't compensate them in a timely manner, they won't return and there will be no reason for me to return either. I appreciate your loyalty to Barry/Shannon but I'm there only for the product they can deliver.

I understand not everyone feels like I do. I have known them for years & I do speak up when I feel they are being bashed, that's just a natural reaction on my part. Living here and knowing them like I do, I see all that they do great round for pool & players pro & amateur alike.

Hope to meet you there this year, I plan on meeting up with some of the other AZers who will be there.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i think the phillipine gang are just late to sign up. they can't resist missing out on a big tournament.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If this is true the crowd is gonna start getting watered down too..... I won't be attending if the best players on the planet aren't there:angry:

Relax...there are always more than a feew of the top dogs missing and the winner always plays great.

Without factoring in the payout concerns- admittedly, the primary reason most play- the battle for the top position is always intense and it is damn cool to watch and see who steps it up on game day.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I understand what you're saying & believe me they know they have a lot to make up for from previous years. I think it's foolish to write off an event and think you know what's going to happen before the event even takes place.

Unfortunately, one of life's realities is that those who break their promises over and over aren't afforded the same trust as those who live up to their commitments.

Your optimism is both admirable and refreshing, Roberta, but the case history says that Barry has failed to deliver on his commitments enough times that being anything less than cautious and concerned is illogical.

Like you, I hope Barry and his team win back the trust of their patrons, including the players, the paying fans and the sponsors. Unlike you, I don't feel that their track record has earned them the confidence of their patrons.

Their image can only be fixed through performance. Let's see if they are up to the challenge. Like you, I hope so.

juegabillar

Private Citizen
Silver Member

I guess this will be the "Great Test" for the Behrmans. They will have to execute practically a flawless show this year to gain some trust from all those whom participate of this great event. I will be there again this year in support of Barry, Shannon and the Players, and I hope everthing goes well for everyone involved.

dawgcpa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
U.S. Open

Max Eberle was asked during the TAR stream Sat. night if he was playing in the U.S. Open. He stated he was not before but understood the money was put up and guaranteed so therefore he was playing.

I'm assuming he was referring to the escrow.

donny mills

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do they have an updated player list? I paid my entry and wanted to make sure I'm on the list.

EL'nino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The quality of the field at the US Open has always been superb, never sub-par. No reason to believe it will be any different this year.
I agree 100%, this is why I attend every year. My point was that if Barry mistreats the players and the "superb" players no longer come the fans won't either.

richiebalto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Roberta, you are a very loyal person and a great friend to the Behrmans (i hope they do know what a great friend they have in you) even know you know what happen these past few opens, you still hung in there for your friends and that takes a very strong willed person to do so,!

Bless you for understanding that all of us makes misstakes more then once and friends like you give good people chances even if they need two or three times to get it right!

I just hope there are more friends like you out there in this tough world we live in today, that will keep on helping their friends until they finally get it right.

I dont know you personally Roberta, but i know you are a friend that everybody wish they had!

UPlayLucky

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do they have an updated player list? I paid my entry and wanted to make sure I'm on the list.

1 Aki Nagata JP
2 Ambos Edmundo USA
3 Andrew Pettenger USA
4 Arsenio Fernandez PR
5 Bernard Andico USA
6 Blair Levandowski USA
7 BR Tatum USA
8 Brass Tap Qualifier USA
9 Brett Stottlemyer USA
10 Brian Parks USA
11 Cary Dunn USA
12 Chad Pike USA
13 Charles Ammons USA
14 Charlie Williams USA
15 Chris Futrell USA
16 Chris Bruner USA
17 Cleiton Rocha USA
18 Daisy Blancaflor USA
19 Daniel Bell USA
20 Daniel Becker GR
21 Daniel Alexanyan USA
22 Darren Appleton UK
23 Daryl Peach ENG
24 Dave Hughes USA
25 Dave Carr USA
26 Dave Bollman USA
27 David Hunt USA
28 David Wiebelhaus USA
29 Donnie Mills USA
30 Earl Strickland USA
31 Eddie Levitt USA
32 Eddie Richardson USA
33 Edward Brooks USA
34 Eric Moore USA
35 Ernesto Dominguez USA
36 Fabio Petroni IT
37 Frank Scharbach GR
38 Franklin Hernandez USA
39 Genco Iseri GR
40 Hayato Hijikato JP
41 Henrik Ohrnberg FIN
42 Huidji See NL
43 Imran Majid UK
44 Javier De Jesus ESP
45 Jay Hlavachek USA
46 Jeremy Sossei UK
47 Jerome Rockwell USA
48 Joe Auzenne USA
49 Joey Arbuckle USA
50 John Evans USA
51 Johnny Kang USA
52 Johnny Archer USA
53 Jorge Pagan PR
54 Jose Parica PH
55 Juan Carlos Exposito ESP
56 Jumbi Baker USA
57 Karl Boyes ENG
58 Kenichi Uchigaki JP
59 Kevin Guimond USA
60 Kevin West USA
61 Larry Nevel USA
62 Line Kjorsvik NOR
63 Marc Vidal Claramunt ESP
64 Marius Hamm GR
65 Mark Bridge UK
66 Masahiro Shimano JP
67 Matt Krah USA
68 Michael Ricciardella USA
69 Michael Wong USA
70 Michael Yednak USA
71 Michael Toohig USA
72 Mike Dechaine USA
73 Mike McNaughton USA
74 Monica Webb USA
75 Naoyuki Oi JP
76 Naoyuki Oi JP
77 Nick Van Den Berg NL
78 Niels Feijen DK
79 Nilbert Lim USA
80 Oliver Ortmann GR
81 Omar Santiago Roman PR
82 Oscar Dominguez USA
83 Patrick Carosi USA
84 Paul Spaanstra USA
85 Paul Oh USA
86 Raj Hundal UK
87 Ralf Souquet GR
88 Randy Labonte USA
89 Randy Russell USA
90 Raul Alvarez USA
91 Reinaldo Dendariarena Perez PR
92 RJ Carmona USA
93 Rob Saez USA
94 Robert Ray USA
95 Rodney Morris USA
96 Ronny Oldervik NOR
97 Rory Hendrickson USA
98 Shane Van Boening USA
99 Stephen Schinas UK
100 Steve Lillis USA
101 Steve Fleming USA
102 Steve Sones USA
103 Stevie Moore USA
104 Thorsten Hohmann GR
105 Tommy Sullivan USA
106 Tommy Kennedy USA
107 Tommy Lee Muldrow USA
108 Travis McKinney USA
109 Vegar Kristiansen NOR
110 Wang Can CH
111 Yukio Akagariyama JP

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Notably absent from the current player's list at this point:

David Alcaide
Ronnie Alcano
Carlo Biado
Francisco Bustamante
JL Chang
Corey Deuel
Roberto Gomez
Mark Gray
Justin Hall
Dennis Hatch
Mika Immonen
Warren Kiamco
Pin-Yi Ko
Chris Melling
John Morra
Dennis Orcullo
Alex Pagulayan
Shawn Putnam
Efren Reyes
Jayson Shaw
Brandon Shuff
Lee Vann Corteza
Li He Wen
Jia Qing Wu
Chin Shun Yang

By WPA World Ranking, 9 of the top 21 ranked players in the world are not signed up.

Last edited: