US Open Results

JustPlay

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
on small tournaments a finishers list is posted with payouts but never the large tournaments like the US OPEN......just who won and who lost....

MikesCues048

Cues 4 Christ
Silver Member
Go to the final brackets link.

4 out of 8 players in the final brackets call GA. there home.

Champion)Darren Appleton

4) Dennis Hatch

2)Shawn Putnam
3)Alex Pagulayan
5)Larry Nevel
9)Johnny Archer

Awesome players in GA.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Still searching for 2011.

It will come later. Probably, most are recovering from the week-long event. I think it will appear in the next couple of days.

Though I am absolutely positive the players who competed in this event know *exactly* what the payouts were. ;)

Aten

m8
Silver Member
Thanks. That was a big help. Did Earl finish outside of the money? Everyone on AZ was freaking out the first 2 days talking about how great he was playing. Where was Efren? Busty?

Earl finished 17th-24th. Efren and Bustamante didn't show; I'm guessing it's something to do with the economy.

iba7467

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Earl finished 17th-24th. Efren and Bustamante didn't show; I'm guessing it's something to do with the economy.

I'm guessing it was not worth the cost anymore. In recent years first place has decreased from $50,000 to $30,000. For the Philipinos just to cover the cost of the trip they have to finish 16th or better. If a few travel together and split they either all have to finish 24th or better or one has to get at least 4th. If they all have to split with a backer then it is not possible unless one takes 1st/2nd.

List of great players who would not have broken even:
SVB
Rodney Morris
Niels Feijen
Donnie Mills
Chris Melling
Ralf Souqet
Jason Klatt
Mike Dechaine
Karl Boyes
Li Wen Lo
Corey Deuel

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm guessing it was not worth the cost anymore. In recent years first place has decreased from $50,000 to $30,000. For the Philipinos just to cover the cost of the trip they have to finish 16th or better. If a few travel together and split they either all have to finish 24th or better or one has to get at least 4th. If they all have to split with a backer then it is not possible unless one takes 1st/2nd.

List of great players who would not have broken even:
SVB
Rodney Morris
Niels Feijen
Donnie Mills
Chris Melling
Ralf Souqet
Jason Klatt
Mike Dechaine
Karl Boyes
Li Wen Lo
Corey Deuel

It's definitely a tough racket! No question about that. But the guys who make it to the top six spots do okay (that's still $6,000!). Remember that many players (Archer, Alex, Ralf, Van Boening, Mika) get free entries, so that saves them $500 right there.

I think a player can break even if he makes the final 32 ($1,500). You can share a double room in the immediate area for $50 a night (Extended Stay had suites for $329 a week). With travel, entry, room and food, a player could get by on a lot less than $1,500.

I staked Rafael one year and we got back $1,500 and still made a little profit. He shared a room with me, bought his food at Wawa (maybe $20 a day tops) and drove to the Open (another $150). So his total expense was only about $800. I paid all his expenses and still gave him $500 for his efforts and he was happy. I might have made $200 on the deal but that's okay with me.

Last edited: