Video: Cowboy Jimmy Moore aiming system?

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Are you trying to say Pro1 players can't recognize shots and automatically know where the cb needs to be?

I am saying CTE and Pro1 has been described as a systematic process based on a halftip offset and a pivot/sweep for every single shot, including straight ins. CTE players here, including you, have stressed that all you need to know are perceptions and sweeps/pivots. Anytime someone suggests that the system works because your brain makes it work via shot experience, that notion is met with extreme opposition.

In other words, I do believe Pro1 players recognize shots and automatically know where to send the cb, without any perceptions or half tip offsets or mysterious 90° connections to the pockets. Like any system, shoot enough shots using any method and you'll eventually get it working consistently because your brain will begin to recognize what needs to happen in order to align the shot properly.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll bet right now that the book will show CTE the way Stan describes it, but you will never understand it or even admit it.

Actually, Stan has already said he will NOT be explaining how his system works. He's said for years that the balls present themselves differently depending on where they are on the table, yet the book apparently will not get into that. Of course you know that this is the real bone of contention with the system. It's not whether it works for some people or not, it is the overreaching (IMO) description of what the system is capable of.

I think you know this yet continue to mischaracterize the issue.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am saying CTE and Pro1 has been described as a systematic process based on a halftip offset and a pivot/sweep for every single shot, including straight ins. CTE players here, including you, have stressed that all you need to know are perceptions and sweeps/pivots. Anytime someone suggests that the system works because your brain makes it work via shot experience, that notion is met with extreme opposition.

In other words, I do believe Pro1 players recognize shots and automatically know where to send the cb, without any perceptions or half tip offsets or mysterious 90° connections to the pockets. Like any system, shoot enough shots using any method and you'll eventually get it working consistently because your brain will begin to recognize what needs to happen in order to align the shot properly.

Well Pro1 has no pivot. We don't recognize shots from previous experience. I know you won't believe that. We just recognize visual perceptions, pretty much the same ones over and over. Pro1 when it's really learned is a very natural way to play.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Actually, Stan has already said he will NOT be explaining how his system works. He's said for years that the balls present themselves differently depending on where they are on the table, yet the book apparently will not get into that. Of course you know that this is the real bone of contention with the system. It's not whether it works for some people or not, it is the overreaching (IMO) description of what the system is capable of.

I think you know this yet continue to mischaracterize the issue.

I said, show the way, not how, but you do like to twist things to support your narrative. There is no real bone of contention from those that have actually learned the system. Just 2 or 3 keyboard naysayers.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Well Pro1 has no pivot. We don't recognize shots from previous experience. I know you won't believe that. We just recognize visual perceptions, pretty much the same ones over and over. Pro1 when it's really learned is a very natural way to play.

In bold...I believe this, because the "sweep" is based on what looks right from the perception you use, not on an exact halftip offset with the perfect bridge placement. But we'll always be in disagreement on that.

There is no denying the incredible and precise manner in which the brain learns and performs complex tasks that involve hand-eye coordination. Consciously, we can make up all sorts of theories on how we perform certain actions automatically. But these things are done on a subconscious level within the brain, and any reasoning we try to mold into it based on the results of something we don't consciously make happen, well....that reasoning is pure speculation, making up the "cause" based on the "effect". I think it's called the Principle of Casualty, where the cause always precedes the effect, not the other way around.

Let's all go play pool.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In bold...I believe this, because the "sweep" is based on what looks right from the perception you use, not on an exact halftip offset with the perfect bridge placement. But we'll always be in disagreement on that.

There is no denying the incredible and precise manner in which the brain learns and performs complex tasks that involve hand-eye coordination. Consciously, we can make up all sorts of theories on how we perform certain actions automatically. But these things are done on a subconscious level within the brain, and any reasoning we try to mold into it based on the results of something we don't consciously make happen, well....that reasoning is pure speculation, making up the "cause" based on the "effect". I think it's called the Principle of Casualty, where the cause always precedes the effect, not the other way around.

Let's all go play pool.

Hater.....

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
But we'll always be in disagreement on that.

Because my opinion is based from a system that i actually learned, as opposed to your opinion based from something you haven't actually learned. I played a ring game with Justin Hall last night, so i need a break from pool,lol. He sure does play smooth, and can bank just a little bit.