Video TV news clip from a 1979 tournament at Greenway Billiards in Baton Rouge. Features Mizerak & McCready

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cool old video. Lots of recognizable faces! Thanks for sharing.

Scott Lee
2019 PBIA Instructor of the Year
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
that was fun to watch. Keith looked far older than 20 in that video. In the '70s adults seemed to look 10 years older than they do now- meaning a 20 year old looks like what a 30 year old looks like now.

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
Nice clip. I see what I think is Mizerak using a Meucci as a break cue near the end. Must have been in his early days.

All the best,
WW

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
That was fun. A glimpse into a golden era of pool, when there were tournaments just about every week somewhere for a player to get into. They slipped in one shot of Dan Louie shooting. Did you see it?

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That was fun. A glimpse into a golden era of pool, when there were tournaments just about every week somewhere for a player to get into. They slipped in one shot of Dan Louie shooting. Did you see it?

Dan Louie commented on the video. He said, "I came in 3rd in this one. Jerry Brock beat Keith McCready in the finals. Buddy Hall came in 4th."

Capture.PNG

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Cool video! Somehow it seems like the background music for all seventies video should be "Hair!"

Just a matter of idle curiosity, I remember some events moved to the closed furniture store in the next bay of the building. Was this Greenway or next door? Seems like this is next door but I'm not positive.

Hu