Warning about Benny's Cues

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Had an "ebony" and burl cue from Benny's Cues that had the finish bubbling. Asked a local cue maker to refinish it and found out the ebony was painted on, as were the rings.

Cue pretty much a loss.

56389.jpeg

56386.jpeg

Attachments

• 56386.jpeg
    56386.jpeg
    83.5 KB · Views: 149

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
Had a local guy who printed stickers you would find on a certain companies production cues.
Then sold them as if they were that particular cue.
Someone went to wipe the cue down and the smudges came off, but so did the stickers.

conetip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well you have to hand it to them, their painter is fairly amazing. Did you have any pics before it got sanded down? I have come across a lot of cues that look to be a type of vinyl print wrapped onto the cue. Or else it is a printed tube that is shrunk onto the cue after it is made. Some look real nice and are difficult to see that they are effectively a fake pointed cue etc.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I will never order a cue from the Philippines again, they all try to rip you off, even the famous makers.

Well I know my buddy George P ordered a couple of Cues from Philippines, they were from no name builders on eBay. Problem was they were made we assume in wet humid climate. After 90 days in Hot Dry No Humity Arizona, they warped.

Maybe I am being judgmental but why buy from Phillipines, when you got Cuemaker right here in USA who can & will do you a Cue for you.

Plus your not dealing with some person 5-7,000 miles away who may not even be anything but middle man, or women. Cue broker for kids in Cue building hobby for profit.

Tadaimarlon

Well I know my buddy George P ordered a couple of Cues from Philippines, they were from no name builders on eBay. Problem was they were made we assume in wet humid climate. After 90 days in Hot Dry No Humity Arizona, they warped.

Maybe I am being judgmental but why buy from Phillipines, when you got Cuemaker right here in USA who can & will do you a Cue for you.

Plus your not dealing with some person 5-7,000 miles away who may not even be anything but middle man, or women. Cue broker for kids in Cue building hobby for profit.
I'm not from the US. I never bought the really "cheap" ones, they were like $1300+ and I chose known makers all the time. Had problems every single time.

I liked their designs and craftsmanship but you can't trust them.

They can make nice cues, but they'll try to rip you off when they can.

Here, my 5 Philippine made cues, had more but I sold them.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1655781690905.jpg
    FB_IMG_1655781690905.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 221
  • FB_IMG_1655781643392.jpg
    FB_IMG_1655781643392.jpg
    233.2 KB · Views: 247

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I'm not from the US. I never bought the really "cheap" ones, they were like $1300+ and I chose known makers all the time. Had problems every single time.

I liked their designs and craftsmanship but you can't trust them.

They can make nice cues, but they'll try to rip you off when they can.

Here, my 5 Philippine made cues, had more but I sold them.

Those 5 are read deal, not Magic Market, or Decals?