Warning Signs of Billiardism

the420trooper

Free T-Rex
Silver Member
Hi, I'm Dave, and I'm a billiardholic. I hit my lowest point when I left my own wedding reception for an hour and 15 minutes to go shoot. I need help *sob*

And by help, I mean tighter pockets.

Sounds like you married the wrong girl. :D

Of course I'm just kidding, and I wish you the best of luck. Hardcore pool fiends understand completely.

3RAILKICK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My name is Ted and I am a biliardaholic / cue addict

I bought my 96 year old mother a new sneaky for mothers day

c/b-

That was very nice of you. And very sneaky. True billiardaholic and addict behavior.

A beautiful gesture with a strong possibility of a back end payback.

Artfully done.:thumbup:

I'm just kidding.

And I'm sure your mother appreciated the cue much more than the 4hp Toro lawnmower that I gave my EX-wife one Mother's day.(but then again-she did take that Toro with her when we split up)

Sarnia Shorty

He's going to the bag
Silver Member
Do you find clumps of chalk piled up on your night stand? when you come home and empty your pockets, there is at least one piece of chalk... where you put it is your choice of course, but it does pile up after a week or so, right?

This is the part of my addiction that most upsets my wife. She finds chalk everywhere, nightstands, bathrooms, in the kitchen and her most hated location, in my pocket after my pants went through the wash. I have had to shell out for new clothes on numerous occasions because my best piece of chalk went through the wash.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
c/b-

That was very nice of you. And very sneaky. True billiardaholic and addict behavior.

A beautiful gesture with a strong possibility of a back end payback.

Artfully done.:thumbup:

I'm just kidding.

And I'm sure your mother appreciated the cue much more than the 4hp Toro lawnmower that I gave my EX-wife one Mother's day.(but then again-she did take that Toro with her when we split up)

My ex-wife got the Honda lawmower and I got the crystal.
Ooh-ooh, maybe I can put the crystal up in the WFS for trade on a new cue.

[I hate to do this but I am offering my prized lead crystal for trade on billiard related items.
Please no junk, I am willing to take a high end Gina cue, Tascarella, Tad, a piece of Kamui chalk, or a Magic Rack]

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi, my name is Jim and I have two pool tables in the basement and ah, I'm not sure how many cues. But I definitely don't have a pool problem because I have more motorcycles. Now that is a problem because my garage is out of room and there's two more I really want, bad.

mrpiper

Registered
Hi I'm Piper and I suffer from B.A.D. Billiards Acquisition Disorder and I am a Billiardholic. I only saw 3 in the list that have never been me.

I almost always play alone at home and wish I had a neighbor who enjoyed the game as much h as me.

My wife doesn't really enjoy the game, and frankly, when she bends over a shot, my concentration ends and the pool game is over... but I appreciate that she tries! :)

Guy Manges

Registered
An Oldie but a Goodie,

Do you ever feel guilty after shooting too much pool?

Do you ever end up shooting pool more than you planned?

Do you ever shoot pool for an hour or two before going to a
party where you know pool will be played?

Do you ever avoid a party because pool will not be available?

Do you find yourself sneaking extra turns at the pool table?

Do your family or friends ever argue with you about your pool playing,
or the money it costs?

Do you feel a need to shoot pool to calm down or relax?

Have you ever been unable to remember events that happened while you were shooting pool?

Do you shoot pool first thing in the morning to get yourself together?

Do you look for excuses to celebrate and does celebrating always mean shooting pool?

Do you shoot pool alone?

Do you shoot pool more than four days out of the week?

Do you ever shoot pool for several days in a row or over a weekend without ever unscrewing your cue?

Do you lie about your pool shooting or minimize the amount you shoot?

Have you ever been late for work or missed appointments because you were shooting pool?

Have you ever fallen or had accidents related to pool?

Do you look forward to shooting pool at a particular time of day?

When you are not shooting pool, do you think about shooting pool and plan times to shoot?

Are you shooting pool more than you did a year ago?

Does it take less pool to get you "in stroke" than it did a year ago?

If you answer yes to five or more of these questions, you may be in trouble with pool.

LOL

Relax and have fun the rooms need the business, enjoy it all.

highrun55
In my dreams... Even in my sleep I play the table and I will as long as there is a mind... I thought in life that when I die that they would have to pry my cold stiff fingers from the handle bars, But I guess that it will be the Cue stick... Guy

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
If your business is going bankrupt and you think it can be saved with a movie script or an ESPN show - you have billiardism

ACL

My name is Alan and I'm a billiardaholic.

All but three or four apply to me and it's only going to get worse. My position at work is changing which will mean less hours and stress which will translate to more hours at the table and a different kind of stress.

Thankfully my fiance' is tolerant of it...for the time being.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
My name is Alan and I'm a billiardaholic.

All but three or four apply to me and it's only going to get worse. My position at work is changing which will mean less hours and stress which will translate to more hours at the table and a different kind of stress.

Thankfully my fiance' is tolerant of it...for the time being.

There are an amazing number of things that fiancés are tolerant of that wives ain't as you seem to suspect!

I can check off pretty much everything on the list except the ones indicating feeling guilty about playing pool. Never cared who knew I played over sixty hours a week, every week. After the first six months I always turned a profit at the end of the week so no worries.

Hu

Reactions: ACL

ACL

There are an amazing number of things that fiancés are tolerant of that wives ain't as you seem to suspect!

I can check off pretty much everything on the list except the ones indicating feeling guilty about playing pool. Never cared who knew I played over sixty hours a week, every week. After the first six months I always turned a profit at the end of the week so no worries.

Hu
You are 100% correct on the fiance/wife comparison. That's why I'm working on my second! LOL

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
An Oldie but a Goodie,

Do you ever feel guilty after shooting too much pool?

Do you ever end up shooting pool more than you planned?

Do you ever shoot pool for an hour or two before going to a
party where you know pool will be played?

Do you ever avoid a party because pool will not be available?

Do you find yourself sneaking extra turns at the pool table?

Do your family or friends ever argue with you about your pool playing,
or the money it costs?

Do you feel a need to shoot pool to calm down or relax?

Have you ever been unable to remember events that happened while you were shooting pool?

Do you shoot pool first thing in the morning to get yourself together?

Do you look for excuses to celebrate and does celebrating always mean shooting pool?

Do you shoot pool alone?

Do you shoot pool more than four days out of the week?

Do you ever shoot pool for several days in a row or over a weekend without ever unscrewing your cue?

Do you lie about your pool shooting or minimize the amount you shoot?

Have you ever been late for work or missed appointments because you were shooting pool?

Have you ever fallen or had accidents related to pool?

Do you look forward to shooting pool at a particular time of day?

When you are not shooting pool, do you think about shooting pool and plan times to shoot?

Are you shooting pool more than you did a year ago?

Does it take less pool to get you "in stroke" than it did a year ago?

If you answer yes to five or more of these questions, you may be in trouble with pool.

LOL

Relax and have fun the rooms need the business, enjoy it all.

highrun55
This line of questioning is very familiar, I believe I was asked these about pounding my pud.

Oops, I mean Pug, I like dogs.

...................................Oops, I mean................................nevermind.............................................

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My answer 11 years ago is the same now as it was then-earlier in this thread.

Somethings never change.

I haven’t played much in the last few years, but I have zero regret for the time I spent playing pool or hanging around pool in any form. At the pool room, AZB, talking to friends on the phone who play pool, betting on pool. Nothing about pool has caused me any problems that were not more than offset by good things. It’s a net winner for me.

Some may say I wasted time in pool, missing out on lots of things. And that’s cool-I’m perfectly happy with the decisions I’ve made in my life. Wouldn’t do it any other way.

Ain’t stopping now.

Best
Fatboy<——lifer to the bone