Weenie beanie's wife passes

Alf Taylor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is with my utmost sadness to say Norma Jean Staton has left the earth. My wife, Judi, and I loved Norma so very much. In the pool world Norma lived in Bills limelight, forever the lady in his corner. Together, away from that world, they were the picture of love and caring, always in the spotlight together.
Bill and Norma let us travel the world with them and we never had an unpleasant moment. They shared their home and their famlies with us and treated us like we too were family.
Bill and Norma are together again.
With loving memories. Alfie Taylor

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
My condolences for your loss.

But as you say, they are together again.

Take consolation in that fact.

Sincerely,
Rick

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
My deepest condolences Alf to you. I was fortunate to meet Bill once in Orlando and found him to be one of the most pleasant men I had ever met. Very sad to hear of your loss.

billy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is with my utmost sadness to say Norma Jean Staton has left the earth. My wife, Judi, and I loved Norma so very much. In the pool world Norma lived in Bills limelight, forever the lady in his corner. Together, away from that world, they were the picture of love and caring, always in the spotlight together.
Bill and Norma let us travel the world with them and we never had an unpleasant moment. They shared their home and their famlies with us and treated us like we too were family.

Played and learned so much from Beenie. His lovely wife would accompany him often especially when he went to the golf course. A beautiful woman she was for sure, like you said "together again"

Thanks for letting us know ...

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

So sorry for your loss. May she rest in peace!

Here's a photo from Untold Stories Blog by R.A. Dyer of Norma and Weenie Beenie on their 50th anniversary. What a love story!

Bill passed away February 18, 2006, in Myrtle Beach, SC. He was 77.

Attachments

• 107839131_cd7647658e_m.jpg
    107839131_cd7647658e_m.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 471

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Norma Jean

Met Bill or better yet, saw em quite a bit as a college kid at Janscos in the late sixties till its demise, Norma may of been there but I was kid then. Saw Bill over the years and then first saw her, gosh can't remember, but Normas persona, jumped right out too me, she was ''family like'' in so many ways, she reminded me of my aunt Kay tho more beautiful. Sincere is what I got instantly from her presence, and Bill was very similar in nature they were very fortunate to find one another. She was about as stunningly good looking as a woman could ever get, and age didn't seem to matter. She aged like Billy, with youthfulness being more apparent as they got older. You were lucky alf.
To his family, I'm sorry for your loss.

The Statons only make me smile when I think about em....

This Norma Jeans candle stayed lit for a long time, thanks.

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Sorry for your loss, Alfie. Sincere condolences to you and the entire "Beanie" family and friends. May she rest in peace.

Dave

nightmare

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for posting this sad news, Alf...

Norma Staton, was one of the grand ladies of our game. She passed away last night in Myrtle Beach, SC. She and her husband, Bill ("Weenie Beenie"), were married in 1954 and raised three children.

The Statons were the former owners (with partner Charlie DeValliere) of the legendary Jack & Jill Cue Club in Arlington, VA. Jack & Jill was the home of many championship events and it was there that many legends of the game such as Willie Mosconi, Luther Lassiter, Eddie Taylor, Irving Crane and Dorothy Wise fought for titles against rising young stars like Steve Mizerak, Ed Kelly, Jimmy Fusco, Pete Margo, Richie Florence and Jean Balukas.

They were one of the few couples in the game who easily straddled both the tournament and the action world. Beenie often referred to Norma as his "rock." She was both classy and elegant - a helluva lady who will be missed by her family and many friends.

I offer my condolences to all who knew and loved her...RIP, Norma.

Mary Kenniston

Bill & Norma Staton - mid '60s - Photo courtesy of the Staton family

Attachments

• Bill & Norma Staton - Mid '60s.jpg
    Bill & Norma Staton - Mid '60s.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:

robertno1pool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Norma Jean Staton

So sorry to hear about your loss and ours. Very sad news.

While I never knew the Statons personally, it is important for us to remamber our past that paved the way for pools future. I wish we lived in the middlle of pool's grand old days.

I certainly heard of "Weenie Beenie", and many stories of his abilities with the cue.

God Bless you, and our prayers are with you and them.

01rkclassic

Cell - 937-554-5637
Silver Member
Very sorry to hear of Norma's passing,I never had the opportunity to meet her but I used to see Beenie every day at Gene's pool room in Myrtle Beach.He was a legend among the pool world.

steveinflorida

Silver Member
My deepest felt condolences to you and the family.
Norma Jean was a class act and Beenie always spoke
very lovingly of her.