WHAT BALLS WOULD YOU BUY ?

flyvirginiaguy

Classic Cue Lover
Silver Member
I've had the Aramith Tournament balls, with Duramith Technology for 8 years, and they still don't have a single scuff mark. They do get dirty, and need to be polished from time to time, but no scuff marks, whatsoever.

https://www.seyberts.com/pool-ball-sets/aramith-tournament-pool-ball-set/

Edit to add: But I wouldn't buy any balls, if your Centennials are still good to go.
If in the market, certainly the best to get imo. Love the set I have. But (as you state as well), if the OP's set is ok, no need to buy anything.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Expand your horizons! Centennials are classic (I have multiple sets) but there are other options that play/look just as good or better at a more affordable price.
My favorite auto is a 1968 Shelly Cobra Mustang 427…..pretty classic car……stands out in a crowd.
Well, Centennials are the equivalent……Aramith Pros are 2nd but Dynasphere look like a lower priced
set of Aramith, IMO. The colors on the Brunswick pool balls set the height of the bar for pool ball colors.

Anytime I play with those other previously mentioned brands feels like I am playing with lower quality balls.
I know that’s not actually true with some of those brands but their pool ball colors makes it seem that way.
It’s the reason why I own several sets of Brunswick Centennials instead of owning other brands not as nice.

Attachments

• 453C6CBF-1FE0-40FD-B6AB-997D86DCB1E4.jpeg
    453C6CBF-1FE0-40FD-B6AB-997D86DCB1E4.jpeg
    266.4 KB · Views: 65

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
Heard quality-wise the best balls are/were Raschig (made in Germany). But they are very hard to find nowadays, and even if one succeeds doing so they would be pricey. So Aramith Duramith/Centennials/Dynaspheres.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My favorite auto is a 1968 Shelly Cobra Mustang 427…..pretty classic car……stands out in a crowd.
Well, Centennials are the equivalent……
Nothing wrong with that but there is no denying the technology behind newer cars is far superior than that of the classics. Better acceleration, better braking, better handling, more horsepower with smaller displacement, more efficient, more creature comforts, etc. Same goes with pool balls. In my weight comparisons, the Dynaspheres had tighter weight tolerances across the entire set; waaaay tighter than the 3 Centennial sets I own. They play lights out. Don't knock 'em until you try them.
Aramith Pros are 2nd but Dynasphere look like a lower priced
set of Aramith, IMO. The colors on the Brunswick pool balls set the height of the bar for pool ball colors.

Anytime I play with those other previously mentioned brands feels like I am playing with lower quality balls.
I know that’s not actually true with some of those brands but their pool ball colors makes it seem that way.
It’s the reason why I own several sets of Brunswick Centennials instead of owning other brands not as nice.
The Dynaspheres Bonze set has the same traditional colors as Centennials and they are a fraction of the price. They play just as good if not better than the Cents and they stay cleaner longer.

Last edited:

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They decided to make the 6/14 match the cloth again so you can’t see them as good🤯

My only complaint with the correct colors on balls would be the 6/14 being green. I often wondered about that.

I guess then tourney blue cloth came out they forgot to make the 6/14 blue and make the 2/10 some other color.

Just leave the ball colors alone!

Cloth, rails, cues, gloves, what ever. But the Bal colors are special. The one thing in pool that doesn’t need molested!

Fatboy <———guardian of history lol
At least the 5B is orange!

soyale

if i were you i would just use your centennials… in fact ive bought used sets of centennials that are probably in worse shape than the ones you currently own.

whatever you do, dont buy a set with goofy colors!

i think pool balls basically last forever anyway. ive never seen a set of balls wear down and become “unplayable”

i guess if your SVB and you run 5-6 packs on the reg you might be able to tell… but im sure he could put together a package with anything

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
if i were you i would just use your centennials… in fact ive bought used sets of centennials that are probably in worse shape than the ones you currently own.

whatever you do, dont buy a set with goofy colors!

i think pool balls basically last forever anyway. ive never seen a set of balls wear down and become “unplayable”

i guess if your SVB and you run 5-6 packs on the reg you might be able to tell… but im sure he could put together a package with anything
I’ve seen wore out balls in pool rooms. At home that’s a tall order-to wear out a set of balls. After a few years the 1B will get a hair smaller from breaking. But that takes a long time and is insignificant-has no effect on play. In pool rooms I’ve seen sets of balls that were done. But that’s not possible at home

A

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Heard quality-wise the best balls are/were Raschig (made in Germany). But they are very hard to find nowadays, and even if one succeeds doing so they would be pricey. So Aramith Duramith/Centennials/Dynaspheres.
Raschig balls are overrated, especially by today's standards.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve seen wore out balls in pool rooms. At home that’s a tall order-to wear out a set of balls. After a few years the 1B will get a hair smaller from breaking. But that takes a long time and is insignificant-has no effect on play. In pool rooms I’ve seen sets of balls that were done. But that’s not possible at home

A
I use the high# striped balls in place of the 1 for rotation games and, therefore...

I guess my one ball is bigger.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use the high# striped balls in place of the 1 for rotation games and, therefore...

I guess my one ball is bigger.
Same size then

Take any 2 balls from a well used set put them on the edges, put the 1 on the center so all 3 balls are lined up. Set the rack or a straight edge on the 3 balls lined up and the 1 will not be touching the straight edge. You can roll it out of the line as it’s never touching the straight edge.

The reason is as the head ball it does wear down faster than the other balls.

On new sets this trick will not work. It’s a way to gauge how worn balls are.

Just something I learned along the way. It’s a real thing, not a joke.

Best
Fatboy

3kushn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Centennials with a orange 5 ball!!!

Best you can do.

Blue circle rock and your tall cotton!!!!

Congrats
Fatboy😃
Like Centennials for the tradition.
Can I get an Orange 5Ball?

Shouldn't be in this conversation.

I have nearly every brand of 3C balls.
Zero Pool Sets.

tableroll

Rolling Thunder
Silver Member
Gold Crown with new rails by Mark Gregory .Have old centenials should i change?
How do you know when it is time to buy new balls? I have a cleaner and when they get dirty they clean up real nice. No chips. I think they are super aramith. I would think they last forever unless they chip off somehow.

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
After years of playing the game with many high end sets the Dynaspheres have won my dollars. They are the real deal and it will take something special to change my mind.
I received the Dynasphere Bronze Yesterday and played with them today. WHAT a great set of balls! In my opinion, better than the Centenials and Duramith Pros. What a buy for $100 and free shipping. I'm wondering if someone developed a new process in designing these balls ??? AND, I'm wondering how the bronze balls differ from their most expensive balls like the Gold or Platinum? Hope someone knows

Last edited: