WHAT BALLS WOULD YOU BUY ?

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
Different design than Centrnnisls but thanks for your input. Check out my Pool Ball Weight thread. It seems the “Chinese crap” has tighter weight tolerances than Centennials. They are not intended to be or are they “knockoffs”.
Yup, COMPLETELY different. Did you know, I'm a car designer now! Look at this awesome new design I've made. It's not in any way intended to be a knockoff btw. I think I'll use a horse on a green background for a logo. No, wait, a unicorn. There, now it's not a copy. Sorry it's a little rough in the wheel logo area, I messed up when I covered up the logo I mean designed the wheel from scratch. Also apologize for the bad look of the door I kind of messed up when I used copy paste to slightly change it, I mean colored it from my own imagination.

Attachments

• ferrari.jpg
    ferrari.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 54

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yup, COMPLETELY different. Did you know, I'm a car designer now! Look at this awesome new design I've made. It's not in any way intended to be a knockoff btw. I think I'll use a horse on a green background for a logo. No, wait, a unicorn. There, now it's not a copy. Sorry it's a little rough in the wheel logo area, I messed up when I covered up the logo I mean designed the wheel from scratch. Also apologize for the bad look of the door I kind of messed up when I used copy paste to slightly change it, I mean colored it from my own imagination.
Good luck on your project. Sounds like you’re well on your way.

Last edited:

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
Good luck for your project. Sounds like you’re well on your way.
Sweet design, though? I can't believe I came up with such a beautiful, harmonius design without having studied or worked at it at all. It's almost as if I reached into the brain of some individual much more talented than myself and just yanked it out! I'll have to study the engine and drivetrain blueprints too, in order for the analogy to be just purrfect, because they even stole the recipe for the resin from centennials... Turns out making an awesome product that is timelessly beautiful and functional is easy as pie. Just copy and paste with a very minor alteration.

Sheldon

dontneednostinkintitle
Silver Member
These arrived today; the Dynaspheres Rhodium. I haven't knocked them around yet but I expect them to play as well as the Dynasphere's Bronze set I have.

52291102164_327458d7b2_b.jpg
I like the cue ball! The lack of markings on the Bronze cue ball is the only negative I can think of for the Bronze set.

phreaticus

I like the cue ball! The lack of markings on the Bronze cue ball is the only negative I can think of for the Bronze set.
Funny, different strokes for different folks. For me, that's one of the positives of the Bronze, similar to the Centennial blue circle or Aramith Tourney sets - I far prefer "unadorned" CBs. For me, having multiple spots, triangles, logos etc on a CB is just ugly and advertising the CB spin is like giving up free intel for no good reason. For TV audiences & instructional scenarios maybe makes some sense... but for me measle CB's belong with pink 4 & purple 5 balls ;) ✌️

Last edited:

dfaulkner

Gold Crown with new rails by Mark Gregory .Have old centenials should i change?
I have a set of Aramith Duramith balls that I used for about 5 years. They are great balls but I had to clean them with Aramith Ball Cleaner every week. On the darker ball I would see small round spots from contact with other balls. I keep my table and balls very clean and the balls would only look good for about a week. I got a new Rasson table 2 years ago and decided to get a new set of balls for it. I am using Predator Arcos II balls now and I love them They play great, have a nice sound and look great. More importantly I hardly ever have to clean them - none of the issues I had with the Duramith. Not sure why that is since Aramith makes the Arcos balls but that has been my personal experience. Having said all that - Centennial balls on a GC just seems right.

fiftyyardline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a Centennial set and a Aramith Tournament (Duramith) set. Very recently bought a set of Aramith Super Pro’s. They are great - and they stay a lot cleaner than the Centennials or the Duramiths.

mrpiper

Registered
I have a set of Aramith Duramith balls that I used for about 5 years. They are great balls but I had to clean them with Aramith Ball Cleaner every week. On the darker ball I would see small round spots from contact with other balls. I keep my table and balls very clean and the balls would only look good for about a week. I got a new Rasson table 2 years ago and decided to get a new set of balls for it. I am using Predator Arcos II balls now and I love them They play great, have a nice sound and look great. More importantly I hardly ever have to clean them - none of the issues I had with the Duramith. Not sure why that is since Aramith makes the Arcos balls but that has been my personal experience. Having said all that - Centennial balls on a GC just seems right.
Thank you for this post. I have the EXACT same experience. Everyone here absolutely insists that Arcos II's are just Super Aramith Pro with a different style scheme. Aramith says they are SAP, but the Arcos II website says they are a unique formula. I HONESTLY do not know but I DO KNOW that my Arcos II balls stay MUCH cleaner MUCH longer than my Duramith or Centennial sets which are both Aramith. I also think the Arcos II CUE BALL is one of the very best as well. It is equal to the Dynaspheres. I have 3 Dyna balls. (2 Rhodium spotted and one plain white from a set of tungstens) and they are as good but not better than the Arcos II ball I don't believe.

All that said, from a "Stays Clean" perspective, there is nothing on the market as good as the Dynaspheres right now and anyone who thinks differently has not played with both sets for a week and compared. The performance of Dynaspheres are just amazing.

mrpiper

Registered
UPDATE: I have drug out some of my older cue balls. I have an "Elephant" cue ball with the logo on it from a basic set, several "Red Dot" aramith that are about 15 to 18 years old, a "Measles" aramith that is about 6 years old, a "blue dot" centennial that is over 20, and a recent Dynaspheres plain white from my tungsten set. I ran all of them in the "CleanGleem" cleaner for 3 minutes with the recommended 1tbsp Aramith cleaner to 1 cup 91% Isopropyl alcohol in a spray bottle spritzed on while running so they all had an equally clean and shiny start.

I shot a couple of racks with each using TAOM Blue chalk. The older the ball, the more chalk sticks to it. No exception. The "Elephant" ball is the leader in chalk marks by far. After just one rack it looks like it has the blue measles. as the balls get newer in the rotation, you get less and less. The Aramith red measles gets almost no marks, and the Dynaspeheres looks perfect and new.

An observation though, is that the older balls (Blue Dot, Elephant, and one that is plain white that I don't even know where I got it) seem to get MUCH more action in follow, back, and side spin. That makes sense of course as the surface must certainly be less "slick" than the newer balls. The "Elephant" cue ball can back the length of the table, off the rail, and a little more with ease after a straight in shot.

If you want to really learn to use english and have the effect magnified for practice or learning, get yourself a very old cue ball from the pawn shop and you will be able to move the cue ball impressively with ease.

If you want this "Elephant" cue ball with logo, you can get the entire set, brand new on ebay for about $25.00. There are 2 sets left. The cue ball may be worth that much alone as a practice ball. :)

Last edited:

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
UPDATE: I have drug out some of my older cue balls. I have an "Elephant" cue ball with the logo on it from a basic set, several "Red Dot" aramith that are about 15 to 18 years old, a "Measles" aramith that is about 6 years old, a "blue dot" centennial that is over 20, and a recent Dynaspheres plain white from my tungsten set. I ran all of them in the "CleanGleem" cleaner for 3 minutes with the recommended 1tbsp Aramith cleaner to 1 cup 93% Isopropyl alcohol in a spray bottle spritzed on while running so they all had an equally clean and shiny start.

I shot a couple of racks with each using TAOM Blue chalk. The older the ball, the more chalk sticks to it. No exception. The "Elephant" ball is the leader in chalk marks by far. After just one rack it looks like it has the blue measles. as the balls get newer in the rotation, you get less and less. The Aramith red measles gets almost no marks, and the Dynaspeheres looks perfect and new.

An observation though, is that the older balls (Blue Dot, Elephant, and one that is plain white that I don't even know where I got it) seem to get MUCH more action in follow, back, and side spin. That makes sense of course as the surface must certainly be less "slick" than the newer balls. The "Elephant" cue ball can back the length of the table, off the rail, and a little more with ease after a straight in shot.

If you want to really learn to use english and have the effect magnified for practice or learning, get yourself a very old cue ball from the pawn shop and you will be able to move the cue ball impressively with ease.

If you want this "Elephant" cue ball with logo, you can get the entire set, brand new on ebay for about $25.00. There are 2 sets left. The cue ball may be worth that much alone as a practice ball. :)
Where are you finding 93% Isopropyl alcohol? I'm only seeing 91% and 99%.

Maybe you meant 91%?

Screen Shot 2022-08-20 at 10.04.07 AM.png

Last edited:

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry... mistyped. 91% is correct of course. Thanks for the spot.
I’m going to give it a go. Aramith cleaner will be here tomorrow. I got the 91% IA in the spray bottle. I’ll pour 2 ounces out, put the Aramith cleaner in, shake and spray. I’m curious if the alcohol will dry out the phenolic?

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just found this. I think I'll stick with my Tiger Products Ball Cleaning Solution.

Screen Shot 2022-08-20 at 4.32.50 PM.png

mrpiper

Registered
I just found this. I think I'll stick with my Tiger Products Ball Cleaning Solution.

View attachment 657297
Thank you for this post. I have written to Aramith to see if they have a concern with it. I will let you know what I learn if they respond...

Dr. Dave here on the boards is a great resource. He has this video of MANY cleaning methods including Alcohol.
He makes no mention about potential harm to the balls. This is the video that gave me confidence in the mixture. Dr. Dave shows a significant throw increase if cleaning with just alcohol because the balls are so "squeaky clean." My experience, thought not nearly as scientific as his, is that I tried a similar experiment using adhesive dots on my table set up the same way after cleaning with just alcohol and my CleanGleem followed by using the mixture described here. When using the mixture of Aramith cleaner and alcohol, the throw is ALMOST identical to the "new out of the box" measure of 7" throw in this experiment. Your mileage may vary :)

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
i would have the balls the same or closest to what i am gambling with where i play or if a league player, nearest to what they use and in the condition of the balls.