What did Herman Rambow & Ringo Starr have in common?

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
nice cue
great story
tremendous blast from the past
what i found funny
was john introducing this song saying
and now we are going to sing ....nowhere man in E
as if the band didnt know what key it was in......😂😂😂😂

Maybe he pulled a Chuck Berry on them sometimes. Right before they played a song at a gig Chuck was known to swap to a key they had never practiced! Keeps things fresh anyway.

Hu

ShootingArts

Gold Member
Silver Member
never thought of that
the other thing is the harmony to start the song was PERFECT

I didn't have much use for a bunch of long haired hands from England so while I saw them on Ed Sullivan for the most part I didn't pay them much attention in their best years. Talented performers, unreal song writers too. It was my loss. Only later did I realize it wasn't just some crazy fad because of the hair, they were fantastic.

Hu

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
instead of praying dont go in boats or planes and no island vacations are in your future. that will work a little better.

• Haha
Reactions: bbb

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
instead of praying dont go in boats or planes and no island vacations are in your future. that will work a little better.
You have your opinion , I have mine.
Although if I am mistaken, it really makes no difference, but if you are mistaken, it makes a difference for eternity.
Unfortunately or fortunately, ? It is not enough to say you believe, to just cover the bases, you must live it.
Which can cause another conundrum .
I'm not trying to be a wise guy, just trying to explain myself.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I didn't have much use for a bunch of long haired hands from England so while I saw them on Ed Sullivan for the most part I didn't pay them much attention in their best years. Talented performers, unreal song writers too. It was my loss. Only later did I realize it wasn't just some crazy fad because of the hair, they were fantastic.

Hu
When I was twenty, I worked at GM…a crew cut kinda morphed into a longish hair….I became known as Ringo
I didn’t like the name all that much because I was a Stones fan…when it came to the Fab Four, I used to say, “I asked for butter and they gave me margarine.” The only Beatle song I had in my collection was ‘Mother.’

ShootingArts

Gold Member
Silver Member
When I was twenty, I worked at GM…a crew cut kinda morphed into a longish hair….I became known as Ringo
I didn’t like the name all that much because I was a Stones fan…when it came to the Fab Four, I used to say, “I asked for butter and they gave me margarine.” The only Beatle song I had in my collection was ‘Mother.’
For some reason I really liked Norwegian Wood. Hey Jude and as a little ballad Yesterday. I had one of their song books when I was abusing a guitar. All of my family were or are artistically talented and had some musical talent. Me, I can't paint a sign with stencils and can't carry a tune in a bucket with a lid on it. I like to try to sing but I have to be a long ways from anyone on a tone deaf horse!

Hu

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
For some reason I really liked Norwegian Wood. Hey Jude and as a little ballad Yesterday. I had one of their song books when I was abusing a guitar. All of my family were or are artistically talented and had some musical talent. Me, I can't paint a sign with stencils and can't carry a tune in a bucket with a lid on it. I like to try to sing but I have to be a long ways from anyone on a tone deaf horse!

Hu
I liked some of the songs they wrote……but with somebody else singing them.
They were a little too fawning for me…..the Stones got in your face!

ShootingArts

Gold Member
Silver Member
I liked some of the songs they wrote……but with somebody else singing them.
They were a little too fawning for me…..the Stones got in your face!

I was listening to country and western, bluegrass, mo-town, Creedence, blood sweat and tears, Led Zeppelin, Mostly I listened to songs I liked and didn't pay much attention to who was behind them.

I was born on a bayou but up towards central Louisiana so my tastes were widespread. Listened to Cajun music long before it was cool to. Can't forget Chuck Berry, there wasn't a band for miles around that couldn't play Johnny B Goode and didn't have to play it every night along with Staggerlee. They might follow those songs with some like Evangeline, very classic cajun.

I went over to a friend's and she told me we had to go to the corner to listen to the band in the new place. The band consisted of Man, Phonse, Rod, and somebody I mercifully forgot. The only one that had a vague idea how to play was Man. It was indeed hilarious!

"We are going to play some Hank Williams." Ker plunk, ker plunk, ker plunk.
"We are going to play some Jimmi Hendrix." Two or three bars, Dernt der de dernt, ker plunk, ker plunk, ker plunk.

After two or three bars at most every song was identical although they announced a wide range of music! I had to leave after twenty minutes or so. I was laughing so hard that the tears were diluting my beer.

Hu

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I was listening to country and western, bluegrass, mo-town, Creedence, blood sweat and tears, Led Zeppelin, Mostly I listened to songs I liked and didn't pay much attention to who was behind them.

I was born on a bayou but up towards central Louisiana so my tastes were widespread. Listened to Cajun music long before it was cool to. Can't forget Chuck Berry, there wasn't a band for miles around that couldn't play Johnny B Goode and didn't have to play it every night along with Staggerlee. They might follow those songs with some like Evangeline, very classic cajun.

I went over to a friend's and she told me we had to go to the corner to listen to the band in the new place. The band consisted of Man, Phonse, Rod, and somebody I mercifully forgot. The only one that had a vague idea how to play was Man. It was indeed hilarious!

"We are going to play some Hank Williams." Ker plunk, ker plunk, ker plunk.
"We are going to play some Jimmi Hendrix." Two or three bars, Dernt der de dernt, ker plunk, ker plunk, ker plunk.

After two or three bars at most every song was identical although they announced a wide range of music! I had to leave after twenty minutes or so. I was laughing so hard that the tears were diluting my beer.

Hu
I was a Clifton Chenier fan when nobody in my area knew him….I danced to Johnny B Goode at my kid sister’s wedding…my wife said my feet touched the floor maybe four times.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member

Hu
Funny, I felt the same dislike for Prince. The weekend he passed away I had rented a car to drive to Oregon. The car came with free Sirius radio but only had one channel available. It was a tribute to Prince due to his death. I listened to that for 18 hours straight, and realized just how talented the man was.

DynoDan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Elvis fan growing up, Ventures & Duane Eddy in my teens. Not impressed by the ‘British invasion’, until I saw the Stones (& Mick’s ‘swagger’) on TV. Their covers of Chgo. blues on the first album eventually led me to Clapton. ‘Blues Rock‘ fan ever since (though my playing style is now ‘jump blues’). Never owned a Beatles record, but did appreciate their creativity.

Chip Roberson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Jude was one of my fav's,,but the best was when Wilson Pickett did it with an unknown guitar player , who later made a name for himself.
Duane Allman. Pickett didn't wanna do it , but Duane talked him into it. Reached pretty high in the charts , even as a cover.