What do you guys do when you get carded?

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So a few days ago I was at a bar at 7 am to play pool. The place has the worst tables in town. Anywho I was there and going to play pool when the bartender came over and asking if she could get me anything I said no and she asked for my ID. I told her I do not have it and left. It was a waste of time. Like yes I know I was in the wrong but I was just playing pool not drinking. Don't you guys wish places did not do this? How do you handle this? I am assuming you guys will think I am crazy for not carrying my ID.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
You don't need ID to vote....so why to drink? But there I go...my fault for thinking government should be logical.

I knew you were just a kid from reading your other posts.

Last time I got asked for ID the kindly young man in the car that had flashing lights on top looked to me like he'd just graduated from Jr. High...

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You don't need ID to vote....so why to drink? But there I go...my fault for thinking government should be logical.

I knew you were just a kid from reading your other posts.
Yes I am in my thirties and it is no secret hence why I have friction with some people on here. I believe pool tables should take cards among other things I like many my age do not carry cash.

HereWeGo

♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫♬·¯·♩
Silver Member
The fact they ask for your license has nothing to do with what you are drinking. They are protecting their Bar License in the event authorities come in and people need to prove their age.

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The fact they ask for your license has nothing to do with what you are drinking. They are protecting their Bar License in the event authorities come in and people need to prove their age.

Did you eve read or comprehend my original post? I said I was in the wrong. I know why they do it.

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you're in PA and in a Bar, you MUST have ID. Brian.
Do they have a guy check ID's at every bar? Because no bar hear does that. Like for instance the bar I was at this is the first time in going there around a year to play pool and darts that I have gotten asked.

a1712

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Do they have a guy check ID's at every bar? Because no bar hear does that. Like for instance the bar I was at this is the first time in going there around a year to play pool and darts that I have gotten asked.
No idea where you're located, but in PA you MUST have your ID on you. It doesn't matter if you're 1 or 100 years old, you MUST have you're ID in your possession. I can't guarantee that we check every single person but I do guarantee that if you aren't known to them, you will be ask to show your license. Brian, Tavern Owner.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
So a few days ago I was at a bar at 7 am to play pool. The place has the worst tables in town. Anywho I was there and going to play pool when the bartender came over and asking if she could get me anything I said no and she asked for my ID. I told her I do not have it and left. It was a waste of time. Like yes I know I was in the wrong but I was just playing pool not drinking. Don't you guys wish places did not do this? How do you handle this? I am assuming you guys will think I am crazy for not carrying my ID.
Yes, you are crazy for not carrying your ID, especially if you are going to go into a place that is REQUIRED to make sure the patrons are of legal drinking age. The state doesn't care that you aren't there to drink. And the bar owner values his license to sell liquor far more than your inconvenience at having to carry an ID.

Be responsible for your own actions. I cannot fathom why people don't carry their ID under normal circumstances. I see it all the time.

BTW, I am 57, and pull out my ID as quickly as they ask for it. And I don't complain. Yes, they know I'm over 21. Yes, they HAVE to ask, because if an undercover liquor inspector is there and see's that they didn't ask, it could jeopardize their license. Which is what makes their business money, and the point of being in business. Your bar owner makes FAR more money selling booze than the quarters you stick in the pool table. That's why most pool rooms sell liquor these days, it is what generates revenue for them. Stop being so stubborn and try to see it from the business owners side of things.

MitchAlsup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are states that require the bar tender to check your ID as they deliver EACH drink. 5 drinks = 5 ID checks--state law.

Even after your hair has turned white along with your mustache and you look the "on social security" part.

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No idea where you're located, but in PA you MUST have your ID on you. It doesn't matter if you're 1 or 100 years old, you MUST have you're ID in your possession. I can't guarantee that we check every single person but I do guarantee that if you aren't known to them, you will be ask to show your license. Brian, Tavern Owner.
Not in south dakota I checked.

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, you are crazy for not carrying your ID, especially if you are going to go into a place that is REQUIRED to make sure the patrons are of legal drinking age. The state doesn't care that you aren't there to drink. And the bar owner values his license to sell liquor far more than your inconvenience at having to carry an ID.

Be responsible for your own actions. I cannot fathom why people don't carry their ID under normal circumstances. I see it all the time.

BTW, I am 57, and pull out my ID as quickly as they ask for it. And I don't complain. Yes, they know I'm over 21. Yes, they HAVE to ask, because if an undercover liquor inspector is there and see's that they didn't ask, it could jeopardize their license. Which is what makes their business money, and the point of being in business. Your bar owner makes FAR more money selling booze than the quarters you stick in the pool table. That's why most pool rooms sell liquor these days, it is what generates revenue for them. Stop being so stubborn and try to see it from the business owners side of things.
I would have no problem if they asked for it as soon as I walked into the bar every time. I would learn to carry it when I go play pool at bars. But when I walk into bars and have literally ordered alcohol and honestly only olive garden and walmart are the only places that religiously card me it irks me. Also olive garden is a crap shoot.