What ever happened to the Sardo rack?

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mine is under my Brunswick 6 legged Arcade. It gets used, but not regularly. Most of it's use comes from questions by new visitors. The Magic Rack gets used a lot... The game I play now & for the last 3 years is GOLF on a Snooker Table. Racking is NOT part of the game. The Sardo Rack was great, when it came out, good racking was requested by all, but seldom ever perfect. The Sardo Rack did help remedy that problem.

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
Last edited:

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
They were a gimmick. You had to "train" the cloth by banging divots into it. You don't need a fancy looking rack that doesn't even touch the balls to get a tight rack when your cloth has divots.

I prefer a good triangle, but if you want something permanant that works amazing this does a great job. I forget who but I think it's made by an AZ'er.

EDIT: It's @Side Pocket who has them. I use clear reinforcements and they almost disappear.
True. I was at Bert's many years ago and saw one on a shelf. He told me they sent him one for free, hoping he would endorse it.
He told me how it required divots to be tapped into the cloth and the rack is just subterfuge and not needed at all.
His opinion was that it was a gimmick as well and a POS.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
True. I was at Bert's many years ago and saw one on a shelf. He told me they sent him one for free, hoping he would endorse it.
He told me how it required divots to be tapped into the cloth and the rack is just subterfuge and not needed at all.
His opinion was that it was a gimmick as well and a POS.
Exactly. It was the POUNDING-in that made that pos work, all that spring-loaded bullshit was just pure gaff. I was at tourn. when they were doing this. Scared the shit out of me. The owner of the place about shit when they did it. What a joke.

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The other one is in the Miracle Marketing Museum, next to the Pocket Fisherman.
Hey .... don't besmudge the PF!! When my daughter was 3 or 4 i took her fishing in the Sierra's. We strolled up mid morning and no one was catching anything. I set up her little Snoopy pocket fisherman rig, cast it out and she reeled in decent sized trout in about 3 minutes!!! All the other people fishing couldn't believe it and neither could I .... LOL

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... it required divots to be tapped into the cloth and the rack is just subterfuge and not needed at all.....
The Eurotour is just tapped/trained tables. No racks. No templates. There is a special template to train the tables and I think the holes are slightly closer than the ball diameter. On YouTube you can see the players just roll the balls into the dimples. (Or that's how it used to be and maybe still is.)