What happened to Deanoc?

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
No Cue For You!!

soup-nazi.jpg
Ok. I'll take 2 🤣

9ballscorpion

There are a lot of custom cues that are made from Dufferin cues...Dufferin had access to quality wood.
my two best snooker cues were made from $40 Dufferin Titlists....I turned down a 2,000% profit on them.
Dufferin made cues for probably 30 brands, including Brunswick.
A lot of brand products are made in the same factory as other brands.
what Jack and Dean did has been done a zillion times in the business world.

Jack and Dean have been friends from childhood...they are closer than brothers because they chose to be brothers.
.....even if one felt deceived, what was done is extremely forgivable.

That is interesting info.

Some of those old Dufferin sneaky pete cues are so beautiful. They have been very popular Conversion cues, and I have even seen Dufferin conversion cues made by Searing.

I believe that most people buy Dufferin cues for the purpose of converting them, or having them converted into a custom.

And I understand that people buy Schmelke blanks for the purpose of making them into a nice custom.

I understand why Dean chose Schmelke to build the cues, and not some other US cue maker. Because Schmelke was the cheapest.

At the price that he was charging for those cues, I bet that he could have had Dan Janes build them, and still turned a good profit.

I believe that Schmelke cues are very cheap for a good reason. You get what you pay for, and with a Joss for example, you would be getting a far higher quality cue, in my opinion.

So, I bet that if Dean had had Dan Janes build the Jackpot cues, then they would have been of such high quality, that nobody would have ever even thought to question that they were not custom made by Jack Potter.

And I bet that Dan Janes would have built the cues, because he has done the same for others, like for Buddy Hall, with a line of Derby cues.

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
That is interesting info.

Some of those old Dufferin sneaky pete cues are so beautiful. They have been very popular Conversion cues, and I have even seen Dufferin conversion cues made by Searing.

I believe that most people buy Dufferin cues for the purpose of converting them, or having them converted into a custom.

And I understand that people buy Schmelke blanks for the purpose of making them into a nice custom.

I understand why Dean chose Schmelke to build the cues, and not some other US cue maker. Because Schmelke was the cheapest.

At the price that he was charging for those cues, I bet that he could have had Dan Janes build them, and still turned a good profit.

I believe that Schmelke cues are very cheap for a good reason. You get what you pay for, and with a Joss for example, you would be getting a far higher quality cue, in my opinion.

So, I bet that if Dean had had Dan Janes build the Jackpot cues, then they would have been of such high quality, that nobody would have ever even thought to question that they were not custom made by Jack Potter.

And I bet that Dan Janes would have built the cues, because he has done the same for others, like for Buddy Hall, with a line of Derby cues.
Let it go. This horse has been ridden into the ground.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
i dont mind justin's stupid questions. but if he wants to be accepted in some way,,,, please justin just make only a few posts every day and provide some content to them.
you dont have to make a post for everything that pops into your mind.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i dont mind justin's stupid questions. but if he wants to be accepted in some way,,,, please justin just make only a few posts every day and provide some content to them.
you dont have to make a post for everything that pops into your mind.
And don’t repeat the same sentence in a different form, over and over, in the same post.

And forget the word “amazing”.

I tested an “amazing” cue today.

It hit “amazing”.

I bet all the “amazing” cue maker‘s cues hit “amazing”.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
And don’t repeat the same sentence in a different form, over and over, in the same post.

And forget the word “amazing”.

I tested an “amazing” cue today.

It hit “amazing”.

I bet all the “amazing” cue maker‘s cues hit “amazing”.
Sounds like the advertising used by Dean and yourself

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
One of my favorite cues growing up was a libra ivory point cue. If Dean and Jack would've built that cue I would've been one of the first in line to buy(at least one) especially with the cancer(money raising aspect) well, you get the point.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
No Cue For You!!

soup-nazi.jpg
Let's just say for example you have another reason to support Dean in this disaster. I haven't heard anything bad about you, possibly I visit your shop and we have a discussion.

I have a few builders I'm friends with that I would support until the end of time except their business practices. If you're in this boat, say it. If you're not then I'd have to listen directly from you the reasons(you seem to be respected on this forum). Honestly I'm kinda sorry for not reaching out to you directly given your reputation.

JC

Coos Cues
Let's just say for example you have another reason to support Dean in this disaster. I haven't heard anything bad about you, possibly I visit your shop and we have a discussion.

I have a few builders I'm friends with that I would support until the end of time except their business practices. If you're in this boat, say it. If you're not then I'd have to listen directly from you the reasons(you seem to be respected on this forum). Honestly I'm kinda sorry for not reaching out to you directly given your reputation.
I like Dean and I don't consider what happened with the Jackpot cues to be a "disaster". It was a "mey" blown all out of proportion by busybodies with no skin in the game. Would I conduct business like that? Never but I've seen it and I know how to steer clear of it. Hey I like RKC too and consider him a friend and he's shady squared compared to Dean.

Come by any time just give me a jingle ahead of time. I'm super easy to find.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
I like Dean and I don't consider what happened with the Jackpot cues to be a "disaster". It was a "mey" blown all out of proportion by busybodies with no skin in the game. Would I conduct business like that? Never but I've seen it and I know how to steer clear of it. Hey I like RKC too and consider him a friend and he's shady squared compared to Dean.

Come by any time just give me a jingle ahead of time. I'm super easy to find.
I'm a RKC fan too.....barring his few escapades