what is the best tip out there

Cornerman said:
What are the best tips, you ask?

Tips:

Floss.
Keep your money in your front pocket.
Forget about lamb-skin condoms.
Little girls aren't any easier to raise than little boys.
Homemade pies are better simply because they're baked with love.
Don't throw stones at a man holding a machine gun.
When someone yells "fore" don't stand up to see where he's hit it.
When faced with an offensive shot and a defensive shot with equal
risk/reward, go for the offensive.
Don't believe for one second that German beer is all that. (Though some are)
Treat her like a lady.
"Staying near the center" is sure to deter your progress.
Bad caramel icing is still good.
Good okra still sux ass
If you need help, ask for it.
Bar table pool is different than Friday night pool at the bar.
Write a will.
Soda water helps to remove mustard stains.
Kirby vacuum cleaners are over-priced.
When aiming banks, don't forget about collision-induced throw.
Drink plenty of fluids.
Learn how to sew.
Read Google Groups.
Do not drive with the Sun Shade in place.
Call your mother once in a while.
Play tournaments.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people who ask them.
Given the limited choice, buy two types of glasses: one for red wine, one
for white wine.
People have reported being able to see better with contacts.
The gas pedal is the one on the right
Read to your children.
If you lose, don't lose the lesson.
If a guy moves into the passing lane to allow you to enter the highway, have
the decency to let him pass you.
Buy a BCA rulebook. It's a cheap investment.
Buy a meat thermometer. It's a cheap investment.
Buy your wife some flowers. It's a cheap investment.
Learn to drive a stick shift.
Clean your shaft with a clean damp cloth once a week. Don't forget to dry
and burnish.
If you haven't yet, try the Magic Eraser.
Plastic disposable cups are not dishwasher safe.
Buy some Accustats tapes.
While you're at it, buy some TAR DVD's.
After a bit of study, get a tattoo.
Objects in the mirror are closer than they appear.
Dunkin' Donuts coffee is hot. Really hot.
Names *can* hurt you.
8-ball and 9-ball are different games with a different focus. Stop comparing them.
Tip your wait staff.
Wal-Mart is not the devil's playground.
Singing Karaoke won't kill you.
If you don't know how to use aluminum foil in a microwave oven, then don't try it.
Go to the dentist every 6 months.
Get your hands on InsidePOOL Magazine.
If the shoe fits, buy them.
If you're going to get a fake watch from China, get a Patek Phillippe.
Don't sweat the small stuff.
It's possible to balance the grindstone with the dance floor.
Marilyn Chambers' videos can be found on Ebay.
Smile. It breaks down walls; it opens doors.
For my money, I'd buy a Toyota.
Make sure your kid isn't the stinky one.
If it ain't funny, it ain't much.

----------------------------------

Hope that helps,

Fred

One more: Don't take up pool for a living.
 
In the low cost and non-layered tip category, Triangle is the best and most consistant tip out there.

In the "premium" and layered tip category, Sniper is the best that I have tried.

Some will scream blasphemy, but there really isn't much difference in playability between the two.
 
Moori Hard needs to be constantly resurfaced. Not good.
Sniper. I'd rather glue an eraser to my ferrule. Sorry all, I see how many people swear by them but the first was flawed. The layers separated. The second still never hit the way I expected and popped off in the middle of a tournament match. My fault right. Been installing tips for about 15 years. Some for myself and the rest for a pool hall i used to shoot at. This is the first tip I have ever lost this way. Truly disappointed. Especially at 15 a piece.
Will try a Wizard next. We'll see...
 
Ky Boy said:
Sniper, hands down. I have tried MANY out there including moori, kamui, hercules, water buffalo, and on and on. Sniper is by far the best tip I have ever played with. As a matter of fact I still have some Moori's if anyone has Sniper's and wants to trade. PM me.

Gary
nevermind
Al<---does not know how to delete
 
Last edited:
march11934 said:
Moori Hard needs to be constantly resurfaced. Not good.
Sniper. I'd rather glue an eraser to my ferrule. Sorry all, I see how many people swear by them but the first was flawed. The layers separated. The second still never hit the way I expected and popped off in the middle of a tournament match. My fault right. Been installing tips for about 15 years. Some for myself and the rest for a pool hall i used to shoot at. This is the first tip I have ever lost this way. Truly disappointed. Especially at 15 a piece.
Will try a Wizard next. We'll see...

Call Tiger at 800-5-TIGER-5 (Mon-Fri 8:30a-5p PST) and ask for Tony. Just repeat what you typed here and he'll take care of you. ;)
 
dstoker. One tip I would recommend is a tip i have on one of my shafts for quite some time. The house man called it a Bear tip? He convinced me to cut one on my cue rather than the triangles that i swore by. This was years ago when the laminate tips were first hitting the scene. It was tough to cut and shape compared to the Triangles and was a hard tip for sure. Still on the cue and hits the same as the day I installed it.
I just can't find them anymore. I located the brand through an English supplier but never saved the link. Now can't find it. I like a hard hit. Triangles are too sift in my opinion. Fine hitting tip if your into the softer hit. I have gotten used to more feedback through the shaft when hitting the CB.
Anyone know where these tips can be found would greatly be appreciated if you pipe in. The only tip I could say with full confidence of putting full draw and feeling it really GRAB the CB. You could just feel a difference.
 
CrownCityCorey,
Not sure how to tell the guy how I feel about them. Its just one opinion. But 30 bucks on two failures kind of sends me in a different direction.
 
Back
Top