What is your pool nickname and why?

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
I don't play anymore because of health reasons. When I played in NY I was "Rabbit" or "Wet Head." In Florida I was "JT" or "JohnnyT"

AZE

DeucesCracked Instructor
Silver Member
****** *** **** **** ***** ****** ***** *** *** and ****** but that's only on days when they feel bad for me.

Matt_24

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This one player in my room named T-Bone (yes, this is his nickname...and nobody knows his real name that I know of) always calls me one of two things:

Matlock (guess he thought it was a funny derivation on my name, and it is funny when he says it).

or

Straight Shooting Bully

A guy in FL used to call me Chucky all of the time, because I think he had me confused with someone else....and I never bothered to correct him because I found it entertaining. These are the only nicknames I've ever had. Nothing cool. LOL

JayBates

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
a few of the regulars call me silent assasin....they think im a pool god which im totaly not...they just suck :)

stick8

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
nick names

I have been called {stick] as long as i can memember, started when i took up pool at 15 yr all the guyes called me stick, now my son is called stick, as is my grandson, a generations on sticks--- but i put a nick name on one of players that play in my pool room--- i call him volcher[spell] i tell him he is circling around looking for dead meat- wont play anyone that playes well . STICK:D :D :D :D :D

Snapshot9

son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Silver Member
Nicknames ...

Had 3 or 4 in 44 years of shooting, but 'Snapshot' was given to me by Skeet Bushor, publisher of the Indianapolis Billiard News and tournament director at that time. He liked to give out handles to most of the better
players, and when I beat Brian Groce in the finals of a qualifier tournament
(on 8 foot tables), he gave me my current nickname.

Here in Wichita, some were calling me 'Scott the Shot', but we have another Scott here that plays well, Scott Brown, and they were calling him that too, so I have kind of gone back to 'Snapshot' more.

Cory in DC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A bit OT, but this is one of the funnier nickname threads I've ever seen: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=14173

I don't have a nickname, but I'm working on it. All I have to do is (1) get a lot better, and (2) find a guy named "Cory" who shoots worse than me and convince him to hang out at the same pool halls I do. That way people will need to give me a nickname.

Cory

Double-Dave

Developing cue-addict
Silver Member
I´m pretty good at banks, my first name is Dave hence:

Double-Dave

It started when I banked the last three balls against a friend of mine. I kept calling the double, my friend did the rest by adding my first name.

The other one is OBD which stands for one ball Dave. This has nothing to do with my pool-skills however.

catscradle

<< 2 all-time greats
Silver Member
brizglace said:
What is your pool nickname and why?

Many people call me "Speedy Gonzales" or "Speedy" because I play very fast.
Arriba! Arriba! Ándale! Ándale! Are you ready for another game? :eek:

I have none :(, but I suspect it wouldn't be complimentary if I did. :D

ironman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Clown refers to himself as "SWIPE"! He says that everytime he matches up, they swipe their debit card right up the crack of his butt.

cueandcushion

Cue & Cushion_STL_MO
Silver Member
Nicknames are great...sometimes.

I think that the whole nickname culture in pool is great. It adds a lot of personality to our game. I don't have a nickname...(to my face anyhow) but I think its kind of funny that some people love their nickname...some dont. Some people THINK their is one thing...but behind their back it is something different. Some people WANT a nickname and some want it changed. I am sure some men dont like being called "little" Jimmy after they are grown up. Makes the ladies think his nickname is for something completely different. One guy quit coming into our pool room because of his nickname. He went from being "drunk" to "DUI" to "DWI"....he still drinks everyday...just not with us.

One of my favorite nicknames lately is a guy that used to be called "little Jake" ..after he lost several of his teeth in a fight..they called him Jake-O-Lantern....CLASSIC!!!

They only "nickname phrase" that anyone called me was something like "Hes the guy with expensive cues that can't play" ...lol. Which I cannot debate.

My nickname is probably just "that a**hole" when I am not present. It's okay.
My dog still likes me...:)