What's the biggest spot you've ever seen someone lose with?

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
must have been a soft table with new felt.

I went to Alabama to gamble with Tedder a few years ago. He recognized me from playing Shane at the Derby (playing Shane publically was a big mistake) and wanted the 7/8/9.....on certain tables I may be able to give him that game, but not on his home table in that little pool room south west of Birmingham.

For him to run 10 racks in a row it must have been a soft table with new felt.

I can only imagine Tedder got some serious odds on the money.
Would you bet against Shane if he got 10 tries? 20?

As for the Ginky spot, there must be more to that aswell, anything
even close to an average break will drive the 1 to a rail.

gr. Dave

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I went to Alabama to gamble with Tedder a few years ago. He recognized me from playing Shane at the Derby (playing Shane publically was a big mistake) and wanted the 7/8/9.....on certain tables I may be able to give him that game, but not on his home table in that little pool room south west of Birmingham.

How is it possible that people in pool don't know who you are?

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
high tech disguises

I have some high tech disguises. ;)
sifton-disguises.jpg

How is it possible that people in pool don't know who you are?

Jeff Rosen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Holden, the owner of Raxx, offered to play me 150-15 in a friendly (no bet thankfully!) game of straight pool after my opponent in his league failed to show. Although I'm not a great player, (a 3 or 4 in APA) I figured anyone, no matter how bad he is, could get 15 balls. I did end up getting twelve!!

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have some high tech disguises. ;)
sifton-disguises.jpg

CJ -

I still think you would be recognized TODAY (even in costume), years ago maybe, but today?

No way. You are too well known.

(Just tell them you are Chip Compton's dad....) That cracks me up.

Ken

Last edited:

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
CJ, I realize it's not that hard for a player of Shane caliber to do it with ball in hand. I wouldn't do it game for game, or even an ahead set. But, if you or SVB or anyone else want to spot me 9 on the wire going to 10, the game is wide open for you.

I watched a great player Kevin ??? From Conn. I believe try...
Alternate racks 9/10 ball race to 9 against the ghost.
Had to make a ball on the break. All balls made on the break spot!
No ball in hand!
No early wins. All had to be runouts!
Fool hated his money! He did get to 7 a couple of times.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No ball in hand!

Kenny maybe? Wellman was it?

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kenny maybe? Wellman was it?

No Kevin is the right name. Not sure where from.
About 6'1" 190 white guy brown hair. Had "chemical" issues.
This was prob 8/10 yrs ago Clicks Arlington Tx.
He beat that game at Rustys , but by the game not races.

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
Must have had some really good sh*% to take on that game

He sure didn't match that game up very well did he?.

Even without spotting all balls and having to make one on the break this game is brutal. Shane couldn't even win at that game with his supernatural breaking abilities.

Must have had some really good sh*% to take on that game and thing you could win.

No ball in hand!

Baby Huey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The best spot I ever saw was playing nine ball and the guy getting spotted only had to hit the nine ball to a rail on a good hit. He could also make balls legally and position himself for the good hit on the nine.

Maybe the above isn't the best spot I ever saw. I once saw a guy get 8 to 4 in one pocket and his scratches didn't count and he got the hand span on every shot. That was pretty awesome.

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member

Nope, it was a 7 ft Diamond Blue Label with broke in Simonis. No magic rack....factory Diamond rack. It took him 26 minutes.

richiebalto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cigar Tom Vanover, on his table at running out billiards in Baltimore, he gave almost everybody the 5 on out and he won every time.

Tom would spot this one kid, The breaks and every ball on the table at 9 ball, Yes Tom knew how to rack them balls just right on his favorite table!

richiebalto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I once saw Ginky (rip) play a set of 9 ball where the guy he played had to drive the 1 ball (or lowest ball available) to a rail. Ginky won

Vanover, Gave this same spot
on his table in Baltimore!

Kid could not make 2 balls in a row with bih.

Last edited:

bmsclayton

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lost

I lost getting 18-4 from Justin Bergman and Scott Frost. JB and I were close though. Scott murdered me. Unfortunately for me one pocket is my best game.

I beat Chris B and his GF as they were playing Scotch giving me the out of rotation game on a bb. Don't think I could beat Chris by himself that way. I am sure I couldn't win on a big table,

poolgod1

Banned
I've seen Frenchie from Vancouver give the owner of a pool hall the 3 and out playing 10 ball on the bar box and crush him consistently. That's the biggest spot I've seen someone win with lol

I have beaten solid B players with the 3 and out in 9 ball on a 9 footer. You runout, don't sell out and use what they don't know against them. It's crazy to think it's a doable spot but when I am right it can be.

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
never underestimate "the feint factor," it's a critical part of matching up.

Sounds like "Strong Arm John" was involved when you played Chris.....lucky guess?

John's made me give up some unbelievable spots, ones that I didn't think could be done......never underestimate "the feint factor," it's a critical part of matching up.

I lost getting 18-4 from Justin Bergman and Scott Frost. JB and I were close though. Scott murdered me. Unfortunately for me one pocket is my best game.

I beat Chris B and his GF as they were playing Scotch giving me the out of rotation game on a bb. Don't think I could beat Chris by himself that way. I am sure I couldn't win on a big table,

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
It's brutally difficult to give up that spot.

Sounds like you could have been selected for the Mosconi Cup, you play a high speed indeed! It's brutally difficult to give up that spot......especially if they count on the break.

I have beaten solid B players with the 3 and out in 9 ball on a 9 footer. You runout, don't sell out and use what they don't know against them. It's crazy to think it's a doable spot but when I am right it can be.

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member

Can i have that spot? I cant even beat the six ball ghost on a bad day.