What's up with Rodney Morris?

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wouldn’t that be wonderful? 🧡🧡🧡

Not for me, but the millions of confused pool fans watching world wide.

I watched a match yesterday and Nick S was calling the purple 5 the 4 the entire match. Even I was confused.

I’d wear a orange tuxedo to my HOF induction dinner. 😃😃

Best
Fatboy😃
I might look like Elton John with a orange tux on.

I might have to rethink this one. I’m dedicated, but am I that dedicated?

Yeah I am🧡🧡

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
It sure was. That event at the Rio (2013?) came the day after the US Open 1-pocket, also won by Orcullo. Dennis seemed to be in dead stoke and stayed there during the ten-ball event. With the US Open 8-ball still to come, and Dennis on the edge of victory, some began to wonder whether Dennis could possibly win all three legs of the event.

That's why when he led Rodney Morris 9-2 in the race to 11 final of the ten-ball, the general feeling was that it was all over. It is these circumstances that made Rodney's comeback even more amazing to those watching.

Comebacks of this nature are rare indeed.
Thanks for reminding me :). I was in with Dennis that year and we did pretty well, $7,500 for winning the One Pocket, 15K on top in Eight Ball and $7,500 for second in the Ten Ball. We got paid (thank you Mark Griffin) in full using my SS# but I got dunned pretty good on my taxes later. I took 10% off the top for taxes but it didn't nearly cover it. I remember that part too. ;)

One more thing. That comeback by Rodney in the Ten Ball was probably the toughest loss Dennis ever took in his entire pool career. No one and I mean No One ever came back on Dennis, but Rodney came back from nowhere to win that match. To this day Dennis will not discuss that match with anyone.

Last edited:

PracticeChampion

Wouldn’t that be wonderful? 🧡🧡🧡

Not for me, but the millions of confused pool fans watching world wide.

I watched a match yesterday and Nick S was calling the purple 5 the 4 the entire match. Even I was confused.

I’d wear a orange tuxedo to my HOF induction dinner. 😃😃

Best
Fatboy😃
Back in orange 5 ball days only people who don't play had no ideal the numbers, now everyone from pros to people that don't play have no clue.

Why is pool a failing industry, I wonder 🤔.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
He did more winning than gambling 😉. It could be called gambling I suppose, but Rodney wasn’t the guy gambling.

Best
Fatboy 😀😀
Rodney was a top speed money player. Many of the big name tourney players (who often scored a win against Rodney) would not play him for the cash. Only a few guys like Buddy, Earl and Wade Crane would gamble with him. Keith is the only guy in L.A. that I think won gambling with Rodney.