What's up with Rodney Morris?

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was one of those military guys on R & R in Hawaii from Nam back in 1970. Went there to meet my New Jersey girlfriend and had no time for shooting pool. However, I did make over $5000 gambling by shooting pool against other military guys in the service recreational club houses in 1970. I was sending so much money home that those in authority suspected I might be dealing in the black market.
I got there just after Halloween in 70. I had just turned 18 on July 4th! Used to buy grams of hash for 5 bucks and Thai sticks for 10.. Had so much fun in my hippie days, it's a wonder I am here to talk about it at all. On New Years it was Crater Fest and Honolulu rocked. The high rise hotel balconies were all packed with folks lighting strings of fireworks and tossing them out. It was a wild fun time..

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That still didn't jog my memory. I found the post you were referring to after some searching. I wrote in 2019 "this was the first I've ever heard of it". Now, this post from today "is the second I've heard of it". I guess whatever it was it went nowhere:) Par for the pool course.
its still around but barely. it was doing good til covid. plenty about it on-line. i found it easy.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m not trying To be difficult, and it’s nothing against Rodney personally. I just think the standard should be higher that’s all.
Bs...you've dug your heels in much earlier.

He was probably equal to the best in the world for a while, won a lot of shit and beat the best that existed. Plus, he's a great ambassador for the game and he smells good usually.

Why the hit job?!

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
sort of a MLM pool deal. they were doing pretty good til covid. not sure if its still a thing or not. you replied to thread on TSPN back in '19 so i assume you do know what its is.
Screenshot_20220908-115006.jpg

center pocket

It's just a hobby, but a fun one.
Silver Member
Ever come home from a tournament out of town? Finish somewhere in the money but not first? Or maybe not in the money? Realize you would have had to play considerably better to do any better and you just don't have it in you? Tally up the weekend's bills and realize just how expensive it actually is to play pool?

Enough of this and the love of the game and the scene just disappears maybe suddenly maybe gradually.

Well high level players and pros are not immune to this because most of their prospects aren't really any better than yours when you think about it.

We all still love the game of pool but come to a point when that's not enough to support it as it exists today.
Truth. Meeting Earl changed my ambitions of being a pro. I still love playing but it's about #10 in my priorities. Thank God.

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Besides the US-open win [Rodney's]. It’s not that impressive. No world titles, no real major wins in other disciplines beside 9-ball.
OK we get it, and all opinions very welcome on AZB -- even your astonishing stream of thirteen posts within this thread questioning the validity of Rodney being a BCA Hall of Fame inductee. But now, on behalf of countless longtime friends and admirers of Rodney for decades:
Official ARNIE Award - Sept 21, 2022.jpg

Arnaldo

Last edited: