Which Champions Won't Be Attending The DCC??

I have heard Efren is busy in Asia all January...

I know that Niels Feijen will attend both bank, one-pocket and 9-ball before heading to Norway for our tournaments.
 
Roy Steffensen said:
I have heard Efren is busy in Asia all January...

I know that Niels Feijen will attend both bank, one-pocket and 9-ball before heading to Norway for our tournaments.


So Efren is definitely not coming? I thought his flight was just delayed and that he will be arriving in HT this Saturday? What about Alex, Bustamante, Manalo and Alcano? So far, Dennis Orcullo is the only confirmed player coming from the Philippines based on earlier news articles.
 
f210 said:
So Efren is definitely not coming? I thought his flight was just delayed and that he will be arriving in HT this Saturday? What about Alex, Bustamante, Manalo and Alcano? So far, Dennis Orcullo is the only confirmed player coming from the Philippines based on earlier news articles.

I would expect to see Santos and Luat, and maybe a couple of the young guns may slip in. Cortezza, De Luna, Gallego, Babica, We'll see.
 
Last edited:
jay helfert said:
I would expect to see Santos and Luat, and maybe a couple of the young guns may slip in. Cortezza, De Luna, Gallego, Babica? We'll see.

Thanks, Jay!!! It would be interesting to see Jeffrey De Luna and Lee Van Corteza in their first Derby tournament. I heard that Corteza recently won over Efren and Alex Pagulayan in an invitational money game tournament which was eventually won by Dennis Orcollo. I bet there will be a lot of money matches that they will participate in.
 
f210 said:
Thanks, Jay!!! It would be interesting to see Jeffrey De Luna and Lee Van Corteza in their first Derby tournament. I heard that Corteza recently won over Efren and Alex Pagulayan in an invitational money game tournament which was eventually won by Dennis Orcollo. I bet there will be a lot of money matches that they will participate in.

For these guys, it is all about getting their Visa. I'm sure many of them would LOVE to come to Louisville. They LIVE for money games.
 
Ronato Alcano, Dennis Orcollo, De Luna, Pena, Gomez, Babica all applied for VISA for the tournament in Norway 17 - 20 Jan, then I got message from their manager that Alcano was going to Japan in January and that Orcollo was going to the States.

Together with HOB Weert we also contacted Puyat Sports trying to get Bustamente and Reyes to Norway, then Holland for Weert Open few days later, then got a message that Efren was busy in Asia (Taiwan, I think) all January... Sounds weird, thought Efren always went to DCC...

By the way, only Jharome Pena and Roberto Gomez is waiting for visa to go to Norway, and it is a lot of work to get, it looks like.
 
Who's going

I asked Efren who has coming over and he said the Luat, Dennis, Lee Van Corteza were coming and Fransico Bustamante came in this afternoon. Efren and Fransico should be around Hard Times until the 4th everyone else is flying straight there.

Steve
 
This sweater is goin to the Hardtimes.

Tablemechanic said:
I asked Efren who has coming over and he said the Luat, Dennis, Lee Van Corteza were coming and Fransico Bustamante came in this afternoon. Efren and Fransico should be around Hard Times until the 4th everyone else is flying straight there.

Steve

Thanks PM,
I heard that Efren was coming in last Sunday and am glad that he is here at the HT with Busta - I'll drop on by.
 
So is Siegel showing up?

Inquiring minds want to know.
Just a question out of curiosity cause on another thread posters were kidding that K.T. don't dare show his face. I know the times I have been to DCC, Mike was there selling cues before he started playing again. I don't remember seeing him listed as a vendor. His attendance would probably create a lot of buzz.
 
A little late but Nick Varner didn't have a heart attack or a stroke. He lost circulation to his legs when an artery clogged. He had 100% blockage to one leg and 95% to the other. He has been up there playing the last few days though for those that aren't there. But not in the tournament.
 
kydartmaster said:
A little late but Nick Varner didn't have a heart attack or a stroke. He lost circulation to his legs when an artery clogged. He had 100% blockage to one leg and 95% to the other. He has been up there playing the last few days though for those that aren't there. But not in the tournament.
Thanks for clarifying.

LOL, I saw him walk in the other day & I said "he just made a liar out of me". :rolleyes:

It's nice to see Nick here. Jimmy Mataya just came in tonight too.... nice little blast from the past.
 
Back
Top