Who actually likes playing with the Measels CB?

StormHotRod300

BigSexy
Silver Member
After the first time playing with the Measels CB, i was AMAZED at how nice this CB played.

It rolled very easily, and plays very true. I have played with the Red and Blue Circle CB's and found those seem to either over or under play when going around the table.

I find that playing with the Measels CB makes playing the game alot more easier expecially when using english.

My opinion would be that all pool halls should have the Measels CB.

Cuebacca

________
Silver Member
You should start a poll. (a) Like it, (b) Don't, (c) Don't Care

I like it. I know its good to play with all the major cue balls that you might come across, so that you get familiar with them all, but ignoring any possible differences in weight and diameter, I just like the spots. Its more fun visually than a spotless cue ball, but not in a gimicky way, IMO.

If I had a poolhall, I'd buy at least one measle ball and let people rent it for a reasonable rate. Even if its not a smash hit, it seems like you'd at least make your money back, and people would get to try it out.

Leil gay

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It may be useful as a training tool, most pros think there a joke put them on golf balls and listen to the screaming,put lines on your shaft so you can seeif your stroke is straight? and use the elephant balls,on orange cloth, we could have our own Ringling Bros Circus,totally ridiculous.JMO

9 ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have the measles cb and I must say that it works a treat and I would NEVER go back to regular cb because now I can see any unwanted spin put on the cb which is a big help, so yes I am a big fan.

Gregg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The only ball I shoot with, when I have the choice. I have one, and would buy more, as needed.

RunArak

Dead Account
Silver Member
I have several cue balls at home, the only one that I used is the measels CB. I like to watch it spin to see if I am hitting the CB where I want to. Would not want to go back to plain 'ol whitey..

Varney Cues

Handcrafted quality!
Silver Member
We have one room in the area that uses it on every table. I liked it so much...I bought one too. Seems to make your speed control get perfect faster since its easier to pick up EXACTLY what the cueball is doing.

TheBook

Ret Professional Goof Off
Silver Member
I have and use one at home. It does help to show unwanted spin on the ball and how the ball will pick up spin after hitting a ball.

It also helps to see how the spin changes on a drag draw shot or a dead center hit.

It is a good tool for learning CB action.

As a ball for TV I don't think it really matters as the cameras don't really pick up the rotation due to poor producing or being too far away. It seems as if all the producers care about is showing the ball drop into the pocket (pocket cam).

StevenPWaldon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like them, but they're absolutely SHIT for one-pocket. I can't tell you how often you clip the end ball when it comes out on the break, resulting on a scratch. It's bigger and heavier (I measured) than the object balls, and for me it doesn't make enough of a difference in 9-ball, 8-ball or 14.1 to make a difference. But I refuse to play 1-pocket with it if I have a choice about it.

pdcue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm with you

Leil gay said:
It may be useful as a training tool, most pros think there a joke put them on golf balls and listen to the screaming,put lines on your shaft so you can seeif your stroke is straight? and use the elephant balls,on orange cloth, we could have our own Ringling Bros Circus,totally ridiculous.JMO

and I'm not even so sure about much value as a training tool

didn't somebody say something once about 'one being born every min...'

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
I had one but my wife is an infection control nurse and when I was gone one day she gave it a vaccine, so now it's plain white. :(

Jeff Livingston

BackCut

Registered
StevenPWaldon said:
I like them, but they're absolutely SHIT for one-pocket. I can't tell you how often you clip the end ball when it comes out on the break, resulting on a scratch. It's bigger and heavier (I measured) than the object balls, and for me it doesn't make enough of a difference in 9-ball, 8-ball or 14.1 to make a difference. But I refuse to play 1-pocket with it if I have a choice about it.

Dude, You are nuts. The measels CB is the same size and weight of the Super Pro Aramith (non measels) CB. I have a scale that measures to 1/100th of an ounce and it is the exact weight and diameter.
I play 1 hole all of the time with the measels CB and it reacts just like the others do.. It's all in your mind.. IMHO

Black Cat 5791

I get all the Breaks
Silver Member
I have one that I actively play with. And, there's on still in the plastic waiting for the other one to be retired. So I'd say I like it. Got a matched set of Super Pro Arimith's have no issues what so ever.

Black Cat :cool:

Cuebacca

________
Silver Member
A wise man once said...

BackCut said:
Dude, You are nuts. The measels CB is the same size and weight of the Super Pro Aramith (non measels) CB. I have a scale that measures to 1/100th of an ounce and it is the exact weight and diameter.
I play 1 hole all of the time with the measels CB and it reacts just like the others do.. It's all in your mind.. IMHO

I don't know if the following quote from a previous thread is the answer in this case, but maybe its a possible explanation:

OldHasBeen said:
I use only Brunswick Centennial Balls w/ the Blue Circle Cue Ball that comes with the set. I also carry my own set. Ask the TOP players, which they prefer and I think you'll find it to be an overwhelming choice. There are soooo many copied/counterfeit balls on the market right now (Red Circle included) that if you don't buy a Brunswick set from a dealer - You won't know what you’re getting.

TY & GL

Heckler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Its deffinatley one of the simplest yet best ideas ever to be used on pool equipment.....I raise a glass to the man whose idea it was....

AuntyDan

/* Insert skill here */
Silver Member
BackCut said:

It might be the exact same size and weight if both the CB and object balls are brand new, but many are purchased as additions to existing sets that have worn some.

I like the for practicing, where the spots have a purpose and I can re-set the balls if I mess up and work on eliminatin unintentional side spin (I bug0-bear of mine)

For regular playing (Given I ain't a Pro and no-one televises my games) I much prefer my original Aramith Red Circle because the surface finish and weight seem to be matched much better to my Aramith Super Pros than the Pro Cup. Additionally the Red Circle is MUCH easier to keep clean, the Pro Cup seems to pickup chalk like a magnet. When I play normally I entirely tune out the spots.

FWIW At a local Pool room they thought they'd replace all the cue balls with Pro Cups and had to get rid of them within weeks as all the tournament players complained they were too big and heavy.

Colin Colenso

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've only played a few times with the measels ball but I like it.

I don't find the dots distracting but I find that observing the spin on the CB as it reacts with the cushions to give immediate feedback which helps in adjusting quickly to a new table.

Same goes for watching the spin deteriorate with draw over distance, but the biggest variation on tables that matters is cushion grip, and the measels ball provides immediate feedback on this.

Colin