Who are the top five players in your state?

RobertR

WWSLD
Silver Member
junior said:
Here's the recognizable names - Danny Medina, Laura Smith, Melissa Little, Megan Minerich, Scott Tollefson, Tony Piazza.....

My Colorado list, no specific order...

1) Tony Piazza
2) Mark Haddad
3) Jesus "Chuey" Rivera
4) Dave Gomez
5) Jim Blakeman
6) Danny Medina

For my list I used my definition of "player", as in a person that will bet that water is wet.

Leil gay

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Many people also use the term Champion loosely, if someone has played all games, all tables, tournaments, and for the big money for many years than they deserve to be called a Champion,i think Buddy Hall, Efren Reyes, Nick Varner, Allen Hopkins, Steve Mizerak, have earned what should be the ultimate compliment. this is reply to PM (There's Champions,great players,then good players then shortstops me? just a good player

huckster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ohio update 2006

1. Corey Duell
2. Chris Bartrum
3. Shawn Putnam
4. Steve McAnnich
5. Billy Peay

MrLucky

Pool Fanatic!!
Silver Member
Well lets see now.....

That would be not neccesarily in this order....

1)Johnny Archer
2)Johnny Archer
3)Johnny Archer
4)Johnny Archer
5)Johnny Archer

:)
As someone else in Georgia posted I've heard Cliff Joyner who also shoots out of Mr Cues in Atlanta is high up there but my understanding is he specializes in one pocket and 9 ball!

Last edited:

bigskyjake

you heard the man
Silver Member
MONTANA:
Jeff Boucher
Jack Madden
Terry Johnston
three names that come to mind, help me out here Jack. I've read this whole thread and 1 person has sounded off for us in the last 2 years

Last edited:

rope_one

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
StormHotRod300 said:
Not sure if Anyone mention'd Michigan players, and i am not going through all the pages to find out. But here i go.

Michigan

Jason KirkWood - GR

Juan Garcia - Holland

John Binion - Detroit

Ronnie Wiseman

Brandon Ashcraft

Rich Smiegle ?sp?

This seems like a very solid list, although I am not positive about Smiegle (just haven't seen him play). Also, I am not sure where Jamie Goodwin ranks as I never seen him play either. Another strong player when hes playing is Mark DeYoung.

corvette1340

www.EpawnMarket.com
Silver Member
MrLucky said:
That would be not neccesarily in this order....

1)Johnny Archer
2)Johnny Archer
3)Johnny Archer
4)Johnny Archer
5)Johnny Archer

:)
As someone else in Georgia posted I've heard Cliff Joyner who also shoots out of Mr Cues in Atlanta is high up there but my understanding is he specializes in one pocket and 9 ball!

While I agree that Johnny is first on the Georgia list, I think that Stevie and Cliff aquit themselves quite well. In fact, Johnny is only a slight favorite over Stevie in 9-ball and probably close to even in 8-ball. Cliff is by far the best at one pocket.

Varney Cues

Handcrafted quality!
Silver Member
NC Update...in no particular order:
Earl Strickland
Allison Fisher
Kelly Fisher
BJ Ussery
Tony Watson

Edited to add: 15yr old Adam Pendley is closing fast on that list...he could beat any of them on any given day...he has already beat Earl in the finals of a TK event. Big props to the kid!!!;)

Last edited:

MrLucky

Pool Fanatic!!
Silver Member
It depends I suppose on how you define sex!!!

corvette1340 said:
While I agree that Johnny is first on the Georgia list, I think that Stevie and Cliff aquit themselves quite well. In fact, Johnny is only a slight favorite over Stevie in 9-ball and probably close to even in 8-ball. Cliff is by far the best at one pocket.

:) Actually what I was trying to say was that to me the best means a player who plays all the popular games well ! 8 ball and 9 ball pocket !
one pocket Cliff's specialty is most definitely a great game and I for one am glad to see it's new popularity I grew up on one pocket and of course straight pool ! which to me is the best of all games although most younger players have never seen it outside of old ESPN Classics replays!

coop19772002

The GSBT
Silver Member
South carolina

Shannon Daulton
Tony Watson- now lives in SC for the last yr.
Mike Gulyassy
Brian White
Scott Rabon

coop19772002

The GSBT
Silver Member
South carolina

Shannon Daulton
Tony Watson- now lives in SC for the last yr.
Mike Gulyassy
Brian White
Scott Rabon

tom haney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
West Virginia:
Morgantown Mike
Weston Willie
Charleston Charlie
Bluefield Bob
Lewisburg Louie
Honorable mention- French Creek Freddie, also
known as Freedom Creek Freddie. He'll gopher the
run every time.

shanesinnott

Follow Through
Silver Member
Varney Cues said:
NC Update...in no particular order:
Earl Strickland
Allison Fisher
Kelly Fisher
BJ Ussery
Tony Watson

Edited to add: 15yr old Adam Pendley is closing fast on that list...he could beat any of them on any given day...he has already beat Earl in the finals of a TK event. Big props to the kid!!!;)

I may be mistaken but doesn't Earl live in Florida now?

poolmoney

Registered
Tennessee

I haven't found on here where anyone has mentioned the volunteer state...so in no particular order
1. Jonathan Hennessee
2. Bobby Pickle
3. Billy Bailey
4. Billy Young
5. Nick Hickerson

Once again, this is not in sequence necessarily. All of these players are current.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

elvicash

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
satman said:
Indiana has a lot of good shortstops that no one has heard of. Steve Oaks is pretty well known along wth Peru Paul.
Dan {waldo} walton
Mike Ray {bar table 8-ball} 2nd person to score a 50 zip in last 24 years
Brian Gregg
Tony listed the most dangerous ones with the exception of Mark Jarvis. Last I heard he was in northern In.
Peru Paul past away in the last year

He could really play in his prime, especially on the bar box