Who is the best pool player in the world and how much do they earn?

Rocket354

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you count income from sponsorships then I would guess Shane. His Cuetec deal is probably the most lucrative one out there (source: "word on the street"/hearsay), and he is key in their marketing to the disposable-income-laden US market.

What the overall figure is, who knows?

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
If you count income from sponsorships then I would guess Shane. His Cuetec deal is probably the most lucrative one out there (source: "word on the street"/hearsay), and he is key in their marketing to the disposable-income-laden US market.

What the overall figure is, who knows?
I don't know specifics, but I am guessing that Fedor's deal is right up there with Shane.

Mike

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Also from the article...

How do I become a pro in pool?

The first step in following in their footsteps, is to study the pros.

Whether you play 8-ball or 9-ball, there is a lot to be learnt from their pathways into the professional game.

Having your own table means being able to practice for endless hours every day, the only true way to become accomplished at anything.

Once you get to a level where your game is peaking, it may then be an option to hire a coach.

So, to summarize. Buy your own table and watch the pros play. You'll be there in no time…

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Chalk & Awe

Registered
Hi fellows,

The article notes that pro-players make around US$50,000. So, a young person would be better off financially going to university/college and obtaining a better paying job then playing pool as a hobby. What do you think?

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi fellows,

The article notes that pro-players make around US$50,000. So, a young person would be better off financially going to university/college and obtaining a better paying job then playing pool as a hobby. What do you think?
Need to rephrase your question.

What does playing pool as a hobby have to do with going to college?

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Hi fellows,

There's reported income and unreported income with the pros. I think he should keep playing pool if he has a wealthy daddy to
keep funding him.

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Explore AZB a bit and you can start answering your own questions
No advice could be more antithetical to the definition and core existential aim/purpose of any worthwhile discussion forum.

My three cents.

Arnaldo ~ However, personally answering one's own "meaning of life" questions does beneficially eliminate the need for most of the planet's gaudily-garbed and grifting clergy.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Hi fellows,

It depends on what that young student majors in, there are plenty of people out there with 4 years of college and have a degree in a field that they cant make a decent income in.

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
The best pool player in the world could be hitting balls on a table under a leanto shelter in the rain with chickens running around…so the best and the highest earner could be two completely different things. It’s like any sport, you don’t have to be the best you just need the right gimmick or the right push. Conor McGregor prime example, high price baby face or heel but def not the best fighter 🤣

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bugs Bunny. He pulls in about $8M a year. It's unclear how much of that is derived from playing pool. He's famous for his breaks and making all balls on the break shot. How strong is that?