Who is the best woman player all time

Grantstew

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Allison Fisher hands down. She only moved to US Pool when she was about 30, and before that had won 11 women's world snooker titles. People are saying it's tougher now that the Asians are involved, but Allison is no longer at her peak, what is she, 48 now or something?

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Jean actually faced tougher competition than Allison, because Jean competed in the men's tournaments.

If performance against men is the measuring stick, and I can't think of any reason it should be, then Karen was the best ever. The men players of Karen's era were, on average, much better nine ball players than those with whom Jean competed, yet Karen won titles in men's events and had dozens of top 10's. Jean's record was far weaker against men that Karen's, and, as we've so often noted on this forum, there are so many more great men players today than ever.

And, of course, Allison was a better player than Karen, proving it in their great rivalry. Jean is not top two in nine ball. I played both Allison and Balukas and saw both of them as often as just about anyone.

As noted, though, Jean was the best at straight pool, very closely followed by Ruth McGinnis.

KeithS66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was always impressed by what Masako Katsura accomplished in her short run in 3 cushion.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

gopi-1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jean, Centeno, Allison, Karen.

It's way too early to include Chezka Centeno on that list, she just turned 17 and has a lot to prove, although she has the potential to be one of the best female players of all time...

dogginda9

I need a vacation.
Silver Member
In my opinion, I believe the most qualified person to answer this question is probably Bill I. I doubt he will give you a one name answer so as to not offend anyone, but I would take his word on the matter as gospel.

Rhea

Retired Road Player
Silver Member
Siming Chen is the best female player in the world today period. And the way she plays she might be better than any of them were even back then.

Pangit

Banned
ss.jpg

A girl named Honey Ko, she lives somewhere in Angeles City. Probably in Balibago or on Perimeter Road. She plys her feminine wiles quite nicely around the table to the distraction of her 'onlooker'.

Skratch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My vote would be for Allison. She has proven herself time and again as a worthy champion. Jean and Karen are both in that discussion, but consistency is what separates them. Jean may have been the overall better player, but her choice to stop playing puts a dent in that armor. I disagree with the idea that you don't have to play long to be the better player. It is only a speculation of greatness and not actual accomplishment. Allison has proven in my mind, to compete at high levels against worthy opponents more consistently than any other woman player I know. I'm not putting down Jean/Karen accomplishments, but to put the tiara of The Best, you need consistency. Tiger Woods would be a great example of what I mean. Probably the best golfer we'll ever see, but hasn't yet matched the accomplishments needed to give him the crown. He still falls short until he gets back into the game and wins, consistently!

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
The best women players of all time are playing right now in China. I saw Jean, Allison and Karen in their primes and they don't play Siming Chen's speed. They are a few others over there in the same league as well. JMHO as always.

storke

One Pocket Player
Silver Member
Tough Question

This is a really tough question, because of all the factors and players involved. Jean was a incredible player and a must mention when it comes to best all around female players of all time. Biggest problem or mark against here is the short amount of time she played. Allison with the most titles and wins to her credit is also a must mention. The issue with Allison is her insane dominance of women's pool came when the women she played against were weaker. The older great women players were past their prime. Her only real competition was against Karen, the others didnt really have a chance. As for Karen another outstanding player who seems to get better with age, the mark against her is Allison seem to dominate her in her prime.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The best women players of all time are playing right now in China. I saw Jean, Allison and Karen in their primes and they don't play Siming Chen's speed. They are a few others over there in the same league as well. JMHO as always.

No doubt in my mind ,,

maestro de pool

Focus Concetration Nerves
Silver Member
China and Taiwan

Rita Chou is the best moneyplayer nowadays
no woman play her even for money :cool:

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Siming Chen is the best female player in the world today period. And the way she plays she might be better than any of them were even back then.
Totally agree. The things that Chen can do now , I did not see Allison, Karen do in their prime on TV years ago

+1
Jay's post answers the thread question. Period
one stroke, you can close the thread :grin:

Rita Chou is the best moneyplayer nowadays
no woman play her even for money :cool:
Interesting. I didn't know that. In tourneys, she is #1 Taiwan but I doubt she can be top 5 in China

TheLoneSilencer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Siming is a beast but do you think men would be afraid to have her play in their tournaments? I mean for men to rally against Jean spoke a lot especially with the caliber of players you had back then.

Centenno scares me as she truly plays like a man in many ways from the break to her outright confidence of I can make anything from anywhere.