Who is the Greatest Female Pocket Billiard Player in History?

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member
This is an excerpt from EOPH, my book:
I just realized that I wrote this previously, long before I answered with the above post. It's strange, that I posted the above opinion almost verbatim from what I wrote years ago.

Lori Shampo
Detroit, MI – Highest rolling female pool player – Probably the best for the cash
I was totally fascinated by Lori, and I always thought that there was also a little reciprocation on her part. Unfortunately, she was always flanked by her Detroit boyfriend, so we could only exchange looks. I often daydreamed about non-lethal accidents befalling her boyfriend, so that I could sweep in and get to hang with her.
Not getting closer to Lori was one of my life's few regrets. She had everything I looked for in a woman; gorgeous face, great body, fun personality, shot good, bet high, woofed good, and was fearless with a big heart.
She was the best big-money playing woman of all time. She could play for $5,000 a set, or $1,000 a game Nine- ball on the bar table.
I happen to be another one of those who wouldn’t know who to bet on between her and Jean Balukas, playing for a thousand a game on the bar table. Against any other woman in the world at that time, for the big cheese, Lori was stealing.

Beard

One for memory lane, Beard:
Lori Shampo.jpg

Josh

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If Ga Young, Jasmin or Allison played in all the mens events for 2 years, they would have wins vs the top guys. Liz Ford already has a win over Earl, Jennie Lee (not Jeanette)has a win vs Ernesto-Jennifer over Robles and Sossei.
Allison has a 9-0 over Ginky-Im sure there are tons more im forgetting or not aware of. It's 9 Ball.

Last edited:

jmurphy

SWEET
Silver Member
If Ga Young, Jasmin or Allison played in all the mens events for 2 years, they would have wins vs the top guys. Liz Ford already has a win over Earl, Jennie Lee (not Jeanette)has a win vs Ernesto-Jennifer over Robles and Sossei.
Allison has a 9-0 over Ginky-Im sure there are tons more im forgetting or not aware of. It's 9 Ball.

Anything is possible in a single set (short set that is)

No girl in history Jean included could be competitive against any of the top male players gambling or in long sets like the TAR matches races to 27.
In races to 27 IMHO most sets would be something like 27-9 or maybe 27-15 at most against anyone of these guys in their prime.
Efren, Strickland, Sigel, Hall, Varner, Parica, SVB, Dennis O., Cory D. etc.............

Last edited:

monsterdog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I vote for Allison Fisher although there are many up and coming Chinese women who play just as good or even better

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anything is possible in a single set (short set that is)

No girl in history Jean included could be competitive against any of the top male players gambling or in long sets like the TAR matches races to 27.
In races to 27 IMHO most sets would be something like 27-9 or maybe 27-15 at most against anyone of these guys in their prime.
Efren, Strickland, Sigel, Hall, Varner, Parica, SVB, Dennis O., Cory D. etc.............

Never said a single thing to the contrary.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Pretty hard to single out a best...but I'd say Drake Bell's mom
is definitely one of the nicest...judging from her posts here.

BFrench501

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has to be Allison Fisher no questions asked. Certainly the best all round cueist as she used to be a very good snooker player. A very good role model for the game as well. She is pools answer to Trina Gulliver (9x world darts champion).

Palmerfan

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
Has to be Allison Fisher no questions asked. Certainly the best all round cueist as she used to be a very good snooker player. A very good role model for the game as well. She is pools answer to Trina Gulliver (9x world darts champion).

Obviously Jean Balukas was before mine and most of our time so you would probably have to say Allison was the best of her time and Jean the best of hers...and the debate of who would win if they both played in their prime is futile and impossible..like comparing whos the better running back..Brown..OJ..Campbell..Sanders..Dickerson..Payton..Emmitt...impossible to say.

Reactions: JAM

HOSS22

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
your outta your mind dana....she couldnt beat tammy jones(wesley) at anything!!! and she dont even play anymore,i think you have a crush on her or something.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Jean is the best pool playing female ever and for all times, until another freak comes along!

Just like what THE BEARD said, Jean beat every top male player at one time or another in tournament play.

There is not a lady in the world today or any other day that would or could do that.

The best women players of today would need atlease the 6 ball or more playing the best men players!

I dont think MS.Bulukas would of needed that kind of weight from the men!

Where is at large with the facts when we need them?

Fact is that Karen Corr won two Joss Tour events and Allison won one SE Tour event.

Kelly Fisher won 69 snooker matches in a row before turning to pool.

Karen Corr won all 8 WPBA stops in a row against tougher players than Jean faced one season.

Allison dominated the WPBA against tougher players than Jean faced.

Jean was clearly a super strong player but in no way is she stronger than the best players of today. Anything Jean did against the men in tournaments coukd have also been achieved by the best women players of today. In fact we have many stories of tournament match victories where top women have beaten top men in the past ten years.

I doubt anyone will ever surpass Allison's records. The fields are simply too strong now. Jean was a well trained tough player who outclassed the field in her day. Now the field is way better than Jean's day.

the kidd

VOTE ONE TIME
Silver Member
All at their prime it's Fisher

All at their prime it's Fisher

I've played several of the top Ladies Players in practice and played the Battle of the Sexes on ESPN. One strength that pool has is male and female's can compete on a level playing field.

There has been many great Female Players, but WHO WAS THE BEST? And do you think they could beat the top Male players of today?

543446_10151285653796929_1525576842_n.jpg

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Where is at large with the facts when we need them?

Fact is that Karen Corr won two Joss Tour events ...

Actually, I think Corr has now won 4 times on the Joss Tour. Most memorable for me was watching her beat Jim Rempe twice in the finals for her first Joss win 10 years ago in Connecticut. She had also beaten Larry Lisciotti earlier that day.