Why did Mike Deshane opt out?

Jesters

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just wondering why Mike Deshane decided to separate himself from Bonus Ball and also from the ABP. Anyone know?

Jesters

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe he figured something out and decided to take his chances without either entity. I and others I am sure would like to know what it was if anything. If its nothing then at least it will put any talk to rest.

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
Spelling aside, it's a good question.

Maybe he's more vested in his job with the APA and is paid better? I imagine Shane said no because he is free to do his own thing that way but only he knows.

So MainPlayer ... care to share?

Jesters

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can't even spell his name what makes you think your gonna get a serious reply.
I don't think spelling a name slightly wrong will make an impact. Obviously you knew who I was talking about. Now do you know anything or not?

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
Mike and I have had our moments but I have talked to him several times recently and feel like we have smoothed things out. My impression is that Mike simply weighed his options and choose the course he feels best suits him in his current circumstances.

Mike will probably show up here and answer for himself at some point.

Banks

Banned
1. He's done alright for himself this year, I think.

2. ABP can't even tell their own players the truth.

3. Bonus Ball is weird, hasn't proven itself and would limit his options.

I'd like to see Dechaine's response, too, but he may be too busy doing things he gets paid for. :thumbup:

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Mike and I have had our moments but I have talked to him several times recently and feel like we have smoothed things out. My impression is that Mike simply weighed his options and choose the course he feels best suits him in his current circumstances.

Mike will probably show up here and answer for himself at some point.

Glad to hear this.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Probably because the balls are orange and purple... I wouldn't play either. ;)

This may be of interest to you, Mr Hoppe.
There was a game called Saratoga, using orange and purple balls....
...played on a 6x12.
George Chenier, the North American snooker champion of yore, tried to
promote it in the 60's....but it wouldn't fly.

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
Glad to hear this.

I second that justadub. I think Mike has looked at some of his behavior in the past and is learning/growing from his mistakes. The thread he started about himself leads me to believe he does care. I've met and spoken with him (briefly) on a couple ocassions, and I did not pick up on any false airs - or is it errs? JAM? ;)

I also believe Justin draws a fair line in the sand, so him making this post tells me something.

A 26 week Bonus Ball season is a pretty long, big committment. It may not work for every player's schedule. I'd think in Shane's circumstance, given he plays as much or more than any pro player, it seems obvious why he's not in BB.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I second that justadub. I think Mike has looked at some of his behavior in the past and is learning/growing from his mistakes. The thread he started about himself leads me to believe he does care. I've met and spoken with him (briefly) on a couple ocassions, and I did not pick up on any false airs - or is it errs? JAM? ;)

I also believe Justin draws a fair line in the sand, so him making this post tells me something.

A 26 week Bonus Ball season is a pretty long, big committment. It may not work for every player's schedule. I'd think in Shane's circumstance, given he plays as much or more than any pro player, it seems obvious why he's not in BB.

I believe it is false hairs and you should be asking Helfert, not JAM.