Why don't people use their real names or pics in avatar?

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
So, which one are you?
the bottom left, closest to camera. thats me last year, i have some grays this year.

my instagram profile pic is the newest thats like a few weeks ago

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's me in my avatar.
That was taken by a semi professional photographer,I'm a minor celebrity.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
In another forum I used a picture of me as my avatar. I was told to use something else as they were tired of looking at me.

justnum

Silver Member
Number one, I'm goofy looking, and number 2 ,the people from the witness protection program told me it was a bad idea.
I am not complicit with some one on the run. Any eavesdropping on this forum.

I don't know book collector. I was only trying to be formal and friendly. Please don't take me hostage or ransom anyone I know.

justnum

Silver Member
Because there are weirdos out there that will use your image in deplorable ways.

LMAO imagining what they are doing with yours.

I see my papers get thrown out with the food on a daily basis. I don't need to imagine. I am defending my content on the way out. I make myself relevant.

Rickhem

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My forum name is the same one I use in every on-line forum that I frequent, been using this same screen name name since the late 90s. It's a few letters from my first name and a few from my last name, so pretty much me. I am a member of a forum that required you to use your real name when registering, and that cut out a lot of the nonsense that happens on forums from time to time, but I too see the value of anonymity for some. And while I enjoy the avatars that those more creative people find and use, I'm partly too lazy, and partly not motivated enough to creat one of my own. I read here much more than I write, but it's a forum I visit daily.