Women's World 10-Ball in NYC this year

leto1776

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
According to a post on Emily Duddy's facebook a few days ago. Going down at Steinway. Haven't seen anything official yet. I'm curious who will be the sponsors this year, as last year at Manila it was Yalin tables and Andy Cloth. Hopefully the Queen's cup will be held right after again.

Thoughts!

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
According to a post on Emily Duddy's facebook a few days ago. Going down at Steinway. Haven't seen anything official yet. I'm curious who will be the sponsors this year, as last year at Manila it was Yalin tables and Andy Cloth. Hopefully the Queen's cup will be held right after again.

Thoughts!

Not on the WPA calendar. If it's a world championship, there must be a lot of money behind it already.

One thing is for sure, though, if it's a world championship, the stars of Asian pool, who monopolized the top eight positions in the World 9-ball championship, will be out in full force. I've never seen Siming Chen, Shasha Liu, Han Yu or Rubilen Amit play live, so this is very exciting news.

Thanks for sharing.

RonMason

Ron Mason
Silver Member
Not on the WPA calendar. If it's a world championship, there must be a lot of money behind it already.

One thing is for sure, though, if it's a world championship, the stars of Asian pool, who monopolized the top eight positions in the World 9-ball championship, will be out in full force. I've never seen Siming Chen, Shasha Liu, Han Yu or Rubilen Amit play live, so this is very exciting news.

Thanks for sharing.

Hi SJM.

This is confirmed. I spoke with Cindy Lee the other night ant it will be at Steinway. I'm glad, change of scenery ;)

Ron Mason

Last edited:

RonMason

Ron Mason
Silver Member
So will this be a WPA World Championship, or a Charlie Williams "World Championship"?

We didn't go into much detail. I had seen one of the female players post that it was in Steinway and I seen a banner with Dragon Promotions on it. I contacted Cindy to inquire. Sorry, I'm not really sure what it is. I was just inquiring to see if it was going to be in Steinway.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thoughts!

Great. Looking forward to it and hopefully they have the Queens Cup also this year which was surprisingly very good

So will this be a WPA World Championship, or a Charlie Williams "World Championship"?

LOL
Previous Women W10B were WPA Sanctioned and carry WPA ranking points. Should be same this year
Date clashes with Manny Pacquiao Philippine Open but I think that is only men's event so should not affect quality of field attending
:)

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
well put me in a dress and call me Andrea. See you ladies in the finals.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hopefully they will have some of it over the weekend so I can take a trip over with my son.

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member

Well...It's not a "WPA World Championship"....and, it's technically not a "championship" officially, but if we call it a "world" event but leave off the championship portion...maybe they'll kjnda think its a world championship....

Eric >thinks Charlie might be good at 3 Card Monte too

buddha162

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Were they using the term 'World Championship'?

NM- i see it now 'Women's World 10 Ball'

Stupidest thing I've ever read. Women's World 10 Ball WHAT?

If you win the Women's World 10 Ball, you're a ____??? Not a world champion, that's for sure.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I think I've figured it out. It's a 10-ball event sponsored by Woman's World.

Attachments

• ww.jpg
    ww.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 595