wonder why earl has not posted here anymore

travis trotter

pro pool player
Silver Member
i don't see earl strickland making anymore posts here on azbilliards forums wonder why he's not doing this anymore ?:)

thanks
 
He has a post rate of .01 per day, and just 16 posts in over 4 years as a fourm member. It's far more shocking when he does post than when he doesn't.
 
Why would he want to post here?

Why would he want to post here? I'm not being sarcastic, I
just can't see what the benefits would be. Obviously some
folks like to bash him here as well. Would you want to read or
participate in a forum where folks enjoyed insulting you?

If I could play at Earl's level, and practiced as much as he did,
I doubt I'd be spending much time online discussing or reading
about pool.
 
Id want nothing more, I understand that if he did its so easy for someone to make crude remarks and he'll get pissed, and the cycle starts all over again. If people showed respect Id say Earl would Chime in every now and again to help lesser players with the game, wouldnt you like Earls opinion on a hard shot or a tough situation? I know I would...

Id ask Earl, Id say, somedays I see the ball's better than others, naturaly novice players ability drops to near zero when this happens, how does a touring proffesional deal with days like these?



SPINDOKTOR
 
Becuase there are alot of rude people here. I see poor John Schmidt get attacked for his spelling and typing. And read tons of bashing about Earl. I don't know him, but I have seen him play quite abit (accu-stats). I wish I shot as good as he does when he's off. But beyond that, would any of us, offer anything to a forum that had so many people who just thrive off of hurting us. I wouldn't.

So I wish Earl would post, but don't blame him for not putting himself out there to be attacked over and over.

Billiardpete out
 
whitey2 said:
Why would he want to post here? I'm not being sarcastic, I
just can't see what the benefits would be. Obviously some
folks like to bash him here as well. Would you want to read or
participate in a forum where folks enjoyed insulting you?

If I could play at Earl's level, and practiced as much as he did,
I doubt I'd be spending much time online discussing or reading
about pool.
Very true.nice avatar.:)
 
Earl has issues, we all know that, people use that as an excuse to bash him

imo, if you have the balls to say something to one's face, then it's ok to post it

sadly, most people here are without balls
 
travis trotter said:
i don't see earl strickland making anymore posts here on azbilliards forums wonder why he's not doing this anymore ?:)

thanks


I think we are all wondering why you still are.....:p
 
My understanding is that Earl is not living where he was when he had access to the internet and a computer.

Mike
 
smashmouth said:
Earl has issues, we all know that, people use that as an excuse to bash him

imo, if you have the balls to say something to one's face, then it's ok to post it

sadly, most people here are without balls

Tap Tap Tap. Well put.... imo.
 
He just need's to use the "Ignore" option. I have a few morons on my list and I never have to put up with their negative spew.:D

Hey Earl, if you ar lurking in this thread, stop in at the Flamingo, we have not seen you in a while.:)
 
Hey Earl...if you want to read something..just search my name..i have posted some things about you that i am proud of, and I would say it to you if i ever meet you in real life
 
I am all for politeness; but I don't believe that ALL of the criticism of Earl has been impolite. I personally would never say anything to him about his behavior; not because of fear, but out of common courtesy. If he asked me directly about it (...but why would he?), or if he participated in such a discussion on the forum then I would certainly state my opinion.

He has made his own bed, now he must lie in it. His sportsmanship has been deplorable on many occasions; and he should not expect anyone to ignore it because he can shoot a little ball into a hole. I find it hard to believe that he could go anywhere without being a little self-conscious about his reputation.

You are what you are; don't expect people to ignore it.

P.S. - I can't ever imagine he would participate here. I would love to have his insights into pool, hear his thoughts on the game, and hear his stories of competition; but even if the trolls avoided the discussion, I wonder how he would take polite criticism.
 
Last edited:
t's too hard to type with wrist and elbow pads...........

see, right away there's people taking the piss out of him. kind of sad really that the most gifted pool player ever can't post on a pool forum because of the insults. and people love to bash him. i can't imagine the whole case being the same if it was efren though.
 
Williebetmore said:
I am all for politeness; but I don't believe that ALL of the criticism of Earl has been impolite. I personally would never say anything to him about his behavior; not because of fear, but out of common courtesy. If he asked me directly about it (...but why would he?), or if he participated in such a discussion on the forum then I would certainly state my opinion.

He has made his own bed, now he must lie in it. His sportsmanship has been deplorable on many occasions; and he should not expect anyone to ignore it because he can shoot a little ball into a hole. I find it hard to believe that he could go anywhere without being a little self-conscious about his reputation.

You are what you are; don't expect people to ignore it.
very well said
 
Williebetmore said:
I am all for politeness; but I don't believe that ALL of the criticism of Earl has been impolite. I personally would never say anything to him about his behavior; not because of fear, but out of common courtesy. If he asked me directly about it (...but why would he?), or if he participated in such a discussion on the forum then I would certainly state my opinion.

He has made his own bed, now he must lie in it. His sportsmanship has been deplorable on many occasions; and he should not expect anyone to ignore it because he can shoot a little ball into a hole. I find it hard to believe that he could go anywhere without being a little self-conscious about his reputation.

You are what you are; don't expect people to ignore it.

P.S. - I can't ever imagine he would participate here. I would love to have his insights into pool, hear his thoughts on the game, and hear his stories of competition; but even if the trolls avoided the discussion, I wonder how he would take polite criticism.

Well, with that said, therein lies the answer to why he will contine to refrain from ever posting here. Instead of focusing on what sort of positive contributions a player of Earl's calibre might post, some forum members salivate at the idea of flaming him. Earl may be a lot of things, but being a masochist isn't one of them, imo.

rg
 
NYC cue dude said:
Well, with that said, therein lies the answer to why he will contine to refrain from ever posting here. Instead of focusing on what sort of positive contributions a player of Earl's calibre might post, some forum members salivate at the idea of flaming him. Earl may be a lot of things, but being a masochist isn't one of them, imo.

rg

RG,
Very true.

Also, it may be true that some people are better at dishing it out than taking it.
 
Back
Top