WORLD 10 BALL CHAMPIONSHIP (28March-1April2022), Las Vegas, Winner $60K

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll predict a 10-8 win for Tevez.
I'd be thinking about the same.
He's cool under fire.

I'm ambivalent about alternating break. In long races, the opportunities do even out most times. That said it's hard to make a comeback, impossible if the leader is breaking and running out.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I predict Wojciech to win
Experience playing big events may be the difference here :LOL:

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
Wow - what a great performance from Tevez. He outbroke Shaw the entire time. I'm rooting for him in the finals.

I'm just generally excited to see someone I've never heard of before the last 32 go this deep and play really well. I also like his fundamentals. Smooth guy.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Polish kid looked good down the stretch. I only saw the last few racks. Congrats!

I’ll be there tmr yay😀

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow - what a great performance from Tevez. He outbroke Shaw the entire time. I'm rooting for him in the finals.

I'm just generally excited to see someone I've never heard of before the last 32 go this deep and play really well. I also like his fundamentals. Smooth guy.
It was cool he had a deep run. But he looked weak after the 3 fouls. He got tense. Still very well done.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, Tevez came back down to Earth in that match, looking more like his 760 Fargorate.

Congratulations to Wojciech Szewczyck, the 2022 World 10-Ball Champion!
Guy scratched off a kick and missed a combo.

That hung 10 ball early was huge

sammylane12

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Of course, we fully understand and respect his decision, but I sure would have enjoyed seeing him compete. All he did was win the Bigfoot 10-ball at the International Open in October and win the Bigfoot 10-ball at the Derby City Classic in January.

He'd have been the favorite to win this event in my opinion.
And just about any other for that matter

Reactions: sjm

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congrats to both finalist they are both winners in my mind. Both took down two of the best known and most respected players around. Phenomenal accomplishment by them both.

I wonder if the break helped Szewczyck over Tevez?

Did anyone catch the Kelly Fisher gaff when she was pulled from commentating? She was chatted away uncontrollably then one of the guys finally talked over her to announce a commercial break. Poof she was gone... He even commented about it when they came back on air.. Kind of funny and peculiar at the same time.

Great show by and for Predator!!

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
It was yet another disheartening performance by the American contingent of players. At the Las Vegas Open, not even one of the top 16 were American. At the World 10-ball, Chris Reinhold was the lone American to finish in the Top 16. Well played Chris, but it looks like the European advantage in 10-ball is even greater than their massive edge in 9-ball, which was quite evident at the Derby City 9-ball.

I'm keeping the faith. Perhaps America can redeem itself at the World Pool Championships next week. After all, Skyler managed a tied for fifth place finish at last year's event.

CanadianGuy

so was this the first taste of a good carom player advancing far in a pool tourney?

I believe Tevez is ranked in the UMB top 200, how much pool has he played?

ironically some of his kick shots were poorly executed

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
so was this the first taste of a good carom player advancing far in a pool tourney?

I believe Tevez is ranked in the UMB top 200, how much pool has he played?

ironically some of his kick shots were poorly executed
This is reminiscent of the future hall of famer Ga Young Kim, who, despite a solid foundation in carom disciplines, took a few years to become an elite kicker. The kicking skills don't always translate immediately to pool, but the learning curve is always shorter for those having a background in carom games.

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It was yet another disheartening performance by the American contingent of players. At the Las Vegas Open, not even one of the top 16 were American. At the World 10-ball, Chris Reinhold was the lone American to finish in the Top 16. Well played Chris, but it looks like the European advantage in 10-ball is even greater than their massive edge in 9-ball, which was quite evident at the Derby City 9-ball.

I'm keeping the faith. Perhaps America can redeem itself at the World Pool Championships next week. After all, Skyler managed a tied for fifth place finish at last year's event.

I completely agree. Chris really had some tough rolls in his last match though. The state of pool here compared to the rest of the world is slipping away..

I do have hope that the JIC will have a positive effect going forward though. There are some young hungry talented players to give us all hope. It will be a while for them to mature but they are well on their way, in my humble opinion. I'd like to give Ra Hanna credit for the way he is directing this new endeavor. He is always the consummate professional in his approach to the juniors and sets a great example for them!

Reactions: VVP