World 14.1 DVDs for sale

allprobilliards

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's Finally Here! (well almost...)

The 2006 World Straight Pool Championships DVDs are being made right now as we speak and will be shipping out by the middle of January and we are taking pre-orders now.
order now at www.allprobilliards.com
email at allprobilliards@gmail.com

This historic event was the first World Straight Pool Championships in over 15 years and truly the most international with over half the field from foreign countries. The event also hosted for the first time women professionals such as The Black Widow Jeanette Lee, Jasmin Oushan and Megan Minnerich.

"This was probably the strongest straight pool tournament ever in history." - Tony Robles- USA Top 16 Ranked Professional

The event had a first time ever unique format consisting of round robin races to 100 points in stage 1. Thirty two players advancing to stage 2 playing a double elimination races to 150. Then the final stage with 16 players playing single elimination races to 200 points.

"I loved this format. You really got to see a variety of matches and see the players play more. A fabulous event!" Danny Barouty- Top NYC Player and Multiple 14.1 Champion

These DVDs will show matches from both the Round Robin stages and the final stages race to 200 points.

DVD matches include super star women players such as Jeanette Lee and Jasmin Ouschan taking on the men pros. See up and coming stars such as teenager Nico Otterman of Germany take on fastest player in the world Luc Salvas. See new 14.1 players such as Charlie Williams take on former World 14.1 Champ Bobby Hunter and watch the super nail biter Max Eberle Take on Hohmann in a match that was decided by only 20 points in a race to 200! And of course the big guns of 14.1 Allen Hopkins, Tony Robles, Mika Immonen,Thomas Engert, and Thorsten Hohmann. Plus many more!

These DVDs are packed full of straight pool and for the amount of matches and length you get, a great bargain.
It's hard to find straight pool matches on tape or DVD, especially in this new millenium....and remember
....there'e only ONE World Straight Pool Championships!

DVD 1 3 Round Robin Matches Price: $34

Tony Robles vs Thomas Engert
Commentary by Danny Barouty & Charlie Williams
Jasmin Ouschan vs Allen Hopkins commentary
Commentary by Charlie Williams & Randy Goldwater
Luc Salvas vs Nico Otterman 44 minutes
(Total Running Time 2 hours 49 minutes w/ 2 hours 3 minutes of commentary)

DVD 2 2 Round Robin Matches Price: $34

John Schmidt vs Thorsten Hohmann
Commentary by Danny Barouty & Randy Goldwater
Charlie Williams vs Bobby Hunter 1 hour 55 minutes
(Total Running Time 3 hours 5 minutes w/ 1 hour and 10 minutes of commentary)

DVD 3 Semi-Finals & 1 Round Robin Match Price: $34

Thomas Engert vs Mika Immonen - semifinals commentary 2 hours 13 minutes
Commentary by Danny Barouty & Charlie
Jeanette Lee vs Randy Goldwater 1 hour 17 minutes
No commentary
(Total Running Time 3 hours 28 minutes w/ 2 hour 13 minutes of commentary)

DVD 4 Semi-Finals Price: $29

Thorsten Hohmann -vs Max Eberle - semi finals 3 hours 29 minutes
(Total Running Time 3 hour 29 minutes )

DVD 5 Finals & 1 Round Robin Match Price: $39

Thomas Engert vs Thorsten Hohmann - Finals
Commentary by Tony Robles & Charlie Williams
Johnny Archer vs Danny Harriman 1 hour 14 minutes
(Total Running Time 3 hours 30 minutes w/ 2 hours 16 minutes of commentary)

Buy these DVDs now at www.allprobilliards.com
or email at allprobilliards@gmail.com

erikido

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
would love to buy some vids....But, I can barely buy the car battery I need. Good luck with selling those though.

jhendri2

Rack'em Sausage
Silver Member
Two questions:

1. Why no commentary on some of the matches? This is a great part of the viewing experience. Suggest this be added to the matches that are lacking. Grady would be a great choice :D .

2. Is there a discount price for the entire set?

Jim

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
allprobilliards said:
This was probably the strongest straight pool tournament ever in history. - Tony Robles- USA Top 16 Ranked Professional

I'll vouch for the fact that this was a magnificent event and I'll buy as many of the videos as possible, but this comment is a little hard to believe. As it was made by my close friend Tony Robles, it's even harder for me to dissent, but I feel I must.

I would say that it was the best straight pool event since the 1992 US Open, but even that one doesn't compete with the World Open Straight Pool Championships of the late 70's and early '80s, in which all of the following participated:

Mike Sigel, Nick Varner, Jim Rempe, Ray Martin, Steve Mizerak, Lou Butera, Irving Crane, Dallas West, Joe Balsis, Luther Lassiter, Jimmy Moore, Larry Hubbart, Tom Jennings, Jose Garcia, Jim Fusco, Allen Hopkins, Pete Margo, UJ Puckett, Dan DiLiberto, Jack Colavita, Dick Lane and I'll bet I'm overlooking some other world beaters.

Just qualifying back then was a monumental achievement, and the tournament itself was like a Hall of Fame induction gathering. Those were the days.

Many thanks to the event organizers and financiers, the players, and the match commentators for recapturing the glory of the straight pool era. The real beauty of this year's event is that it brought back the memories and the majesty of those wonderful times gone by.

If you're smart, you'll buy the videos of this magnificent event, a joyous occasion that brought the past and present together in a truly memorable way.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
sjm said:
I'll vouch for the fact that this was a magnificent event and I'll buy as many of the videos as possible, but this comment is a little hard to believe. As it was made by my close friend Tony Robles, it's even harder for me to dissent, but I feel I must.

I would say that it was the best straight pool event since the 1992 US Open, but even that one doesn't compete with the World Open Straight Pool Championships of the late 70's and early '80s, in which all of the following participated:

Mike Sigel, Nick Varner, Jim Rempe, Ray Martin, Steve Mizerak, Lou Butera, Irving Crane, Dallas West, Joe Balsis, Luther Lassiter, Jimmy Moore, Larry Hubbart, Tom Jennings, Jose Garcia, Jim Fusco, Allen Hopkins, Pete Margo, UJ Puckett, Dan DiLiberto, Jack Colavita, Dick Lane and I'll bet I'm overlooking some other world beaters.

Just qualifying back then was a monumental achievement, and the tournament itself was like a Hall of Fame induction gathering. Those were the days.

Many thanks to the event organizers and financiers, the players, and the match commentators for recapturing the glory of the straight pool era. The real beauty of this year's event is that it brought back the memories and the majesty of those wonderful times gone by.

If you're smart, you'll buy the videos of this magnificent event, a joyous occasion that brought the past and present together in a truly memorable way.

#1-He said 'probably'
#2-He didnt say the the field was the strongest-the tournament. (I know a bit of a stretch):)
#3-He is being nice to a friend who is trying to sell DVD's.

You are MY friend but I think you were a little harsh here.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Nostroke said:
#1-He said 'probably'
#2-He didnt say the the field was the strongest-the tournament. (I know a bit of a stretch):)
#3-He is being nice to a friend who is trying to sell DVD's.

You are MY friend but I think you were a little harsh here.

My post, though inclusive of a dissension from a comment made by Tony R regarding the historical context of this event, amounts to a ringing endorsement of this tournament. In my post, I made a strong recommendation to buy the videos with some great reasons to do so, too. As I respect and appreciate your feedback, Nostroke, I re-read my post, but I don't find anything harsh about it. It is objective and honest.

allprobilliards

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
great deal for straight pool lovers

it was explained to me that each DVD has a feature match with commentary.
and then there is a extra match from Round Robins as a bonus for fans

other straight pool matches are usually about same price but only 1 match. also, usually only found in VHS format

these are truly great bargains with multiple matches, long length time, and being on DVDs!

jhendri2 said:
Two questions:

1. Why no commentary on some of the matches? This is a great part of the viewing experience. Suggest this be added to the matches that are lacking. Grady would be a great choice :D .

2. Is there a discount price for the entire set?

Jim

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I have already ordered some of the DVD's and recommend that my fellow posters follow suit.

If you remember the good old days, these DVD's will rekindle the magic of that era for you.

If you are too young to have witnessed the glory of the straight pool era, watching these DVD's will give you a little taste of it. You'll also find out just how well the superstars of today play this game. There's little doubt in my mind that Mr. Hohmann would've tested each of Ralph Greenleaf, Willie Mosconi, Irving Crane and Mike Sigel in their respective primes in a nice game of 14.1.

If you would really like to purchase these DVD's but they are a little out of your price range, PM me and I will consider assisting you financially in making your purchase.

These DVD's are too good to pass up!

Last edited:
sjm said:
I have already ordered some of the DVD's and recommend that my fellow posters follow suit.

If you remember the good old days, these DVD's will rekindle the magic of that era for you.

If you are too young to have witnessed the glory of the straight pool era, watching these DVD's will give you a little taste of it. You'll also find out just how well the superstars of today play this game. There's little doubt in my mind that Mr. Hohmann would tested each of Ralph Greenleaf, Willie Mosconi, Irving Crane and Mike Sigel in their respective primes in a nice game of 14.1.

If you would really like to purchase these DVD's but they are a little out of your price range, PM me and I will consider assisting you financially in making your purchase.

These DVD's are too good to pass up!

VERY GENEROUS ON YOUR PART, SJM.

This indeed was truly an historic event. It featured most of todays great straight pool players, with a smattering of yesteryears legends as well.

The filming of these matches are the first of it's kind in many years, and to have such an abundancy of content on each disc is really wonderful.

Put me in for a complete set.

rg

allprobilliards

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
commentary

i heard that the commentary by Tony Robles and Danny Barouty was very good. Tony had alot of knowledge and secrets that he shared in his commentary on the finals.
Danny I heard was extremely funny and he was making Charlie Williams laugh the entire time with his witty humor.
Randy Goldwater, the main patron sponsor, and Charlie Williams the promoter also lent their talents.

koreandragon

Banned
Gold Member
yeah, randy can be a real pain in the butt.
but if u give urself 12-14 months to get use to him, then he's pretty ok

( ;

TheOne

www.MetroPool.club
Silver Member
koreandragon said:
yeah, randy can be a real pain in the butt.
but if u give urself 12-14 months to get use to him, then he's pretty ok

( ;

Lets hope you two still luv each another enough to do it all again next year! :)

PS
I'm still very interested in a certain Korean Open DVD, is it in stock yet Charlie? :confused:

;)

koreandragon

Banned
Gold Member
we still luv each other....and hopefully enuff for next year
it was a very challenging event to produce and lot of work
hopefully we can get more support from everyone in 2007

rackmsuckr

Linda Carter - The QUEEN!
Silver Member
NYC cue dude said:
i heard that Randy Goldwater can be quite difficult to work with at times.

Have you ever met him?

rg

It might be worth $34 just to see Randy's mug, lol. :D

TheOne

www.MetroPool.club
Silver Member
koreandragon said:
we still luv each other....and hopefully enuff for next year
it was a very challenging event to produce and lot of work
hopefully we can get more support from everyone in 2007

Awww come on Charlie u know u have a copy of that DVD, you did win after all! :p

I'll buy a couple of 14.1 DVD's if you throw it in for free! ;)

PS
You might get more than a smile for $34 Linda hehe :eek:

;)

allprobilliards

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The World Straight Pool Championship are only available on DVD
sorry no VHS
we inquired, and I dont think any future events will be put on VHS either
guess VHS technology is becoming obsolete

Spade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
this is great that there's finally some modern footage of straight pool...and world champions no less!

are there any high runs on these matches or any significant achievemets by any of the players on the DVDs?
any really close matches?

pdcue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Spade said:
this is great that there's finally some modern footage of straight pool...and world champions no less!

are there any high runs on these matches or any significant achievemets by any of the players on the DVDs?
any really close matches?

Hohman(sp?) 200
vs
Schmidt 64

High run is 174

Dale